Black Rifle Coffee Condemns Kyle Rittenhouse, May Dump Sponsorship Of Media Defending Him

Reptile

NES Member
Both fans and the competition are bashing Black Rifle Coffee's public relations disaster over Kyle Rittenhouse
Black Rifle Coffee is under fire from conservatives this weekend after it came out in opposition to alleged Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse wearing their t-shirt in a photo, saying the company does not engage in “legal advocacy” and seemingly threatening to end its sponsorship with The Blaze for posting the photo of the 17-year-old.
Initially, Black Rifle Coffee released a statement insisting that “we do not support legal advocacy efforts. We do not sponsor nor do we have a relationship with the 17-year-old facing charges in Kenosha, WI,” as reported by Media Right News, who also reported that the company would end its advertising relationship with The Blaze over the image of Rittenhouse wearing their t-shirt.

Today Black Rifle Coffee appeared to walk back its decision to end its advertising relationship with The Blaze, but the company doubled down on its opposition to advocating for Rittenhouse’s legal defense or freedom.

“Our concern is that use of the discount code in the post did not reflect our values,” said a representative from Black Rifle Coffee. A discount code was used alongside an image featuring Rittenhouse wearing one of the company’s t-shirts. The Blaze journalist Elijah Schaffer posted the image and suggested Rittenhouse drinks the best coffee in America.

“That’s a concern we’ve addressed with the journalist and that he understands,” added the Black Rifle Coffee spokesperson. The spokesperson, when pressed, was apparently unable or unwilling to confirm whether Black Rifle Coffee will seek to end or not renew its advertising partnership with The Blaze.

While Schaffer deleted the tweet, likely at the insistence of The Blaze and Black Rifle Coffee, Georgia attorney L. Lin Wood posted the same image to his Twitter account.

Both fans and the competition are bashing Black Rifle Coffee's public relations disaster over Kyle Rittenhouse
Black Rifle Coffee is under fire from conservatives this weekend after it came out in opposition to alleged Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse wearing their t-shirt in a photo, saying the company does not engage in “legal advocacy” and seemingly threatening to end its sponsorship with The Blaze for posting the photo of the 17-year-old.
Initially, Black Rifle Coffee released a statement insisting that “we do not support legal advocacy efforts. We do not sponsor nor do we have a relationship with the 17-year-old facing charges in Kenosha, WI,” as reported by Media Right News, who also reported that the company would end its advertising relationship with The Blaze over the image of Rittenhouse wearing their t-shirt.

Today Black Rifle Coffee appeared to walk back its decision to end its advertising relationship with The Blaze, but the company doubled down on its opposition to advocating for Rittenhouse’s legal defense or freedom.

“Our concern is that use of the discount code in the post did not reflect our values,” said a representative from Black Rifle Coffee. A discount code was used alongside an image featuring Rittenhouse wearing one of the company’s t-shirts. The Blaze journalist Elijah Schaffer posted the image and suggested Rittenhouse drinks the best coffee in America.

“That’s a concern we’ve addressed with the journalist and that he understands,” added the Black Rifle Coffee spokesperson. The spokesperson, when pressed, was apparently unable or unwilling to confirm whether Black Rifle Coffee will seek to end or not renew its advertising partnership with The Blaze.

While Schaffer deleted the tweet, likely at the insistence of The Blaze and Black Rifle Coffee, Georgia attorney L. Lin Wood posted the same image to his Twitter account.

Jared popped in on 9mmsmg’s post and said they took issue with the blaze because the reporter used his own personal code in the article to try and drum up some money for himself.
Here’s the comment
B93F5BED-8B9D-4122-A700-25623EE641D5.jpeg
Haven’t kept up on the saga but he seems to think this clears up some confusion.

I’ve seen their coffee around but I’m usually on a mission when I come across it and too distracted to buy a bag! My take on the matter is that it is a strictly business decision to come out with a statement saying they are not legally supporting KR, while they do not explicitly state they disagree with his actions. In fact, their statement is incredibly vague, and does not put them on one side of the fence nor the other. We’re not talking about Starbucks, saying “we’re pulling all coffee sales overseas to the troops because we’re cucked by liberals who run our stores and they’ll cancel us if we don’t.” They’re taking a neutral stance.

Either they support the kids actions or they don’t, they can’t have it both ways.
You know how every time a cop shoots a black dude and the left goes wild and we always tell them to wait for the legal process to play out before passing judgement because we probably don't know even 10% of the story? Yeah it's like that with Kyle. On the face of it, it looks like a good shoot but we don't really know for sure, we're just rushing to defend him because we like ARs and hate commies.

I started buying from them in March, when my usual coffee dried up and blew away in the Covid haze. Delivery was an attractive option, the price is right, and the coffee is good.

I'll keep getting the deliveries. I don't see anything in their statement that makes me think they're bad businessmen. If I was a coffee retailer and someone listed my coupon code without my approval, I'd be pretty annoyed too.

Either they support the kids actions or they don’t, they can’t have it both ways.
They’re being mugwumps. I’m sure there are a few guys in their company that support KR and a few that don’t. That is the interesting thing about treating corporations (even businesses) like human beings, we feel we need to monitor their critter accounts and instaspam posts to see how they feel about anything and everything. The way I see it is that this is just another polarizing issue where some of their employees think it was a good shoot, others think he shouldn’t have been there, and majority don’t really give a rats ass. But the minute you start weighing in on one controversial issue people will expect you to weigh in on another until you’re a political tetherball pole swinging the ball around and around to try to please people.

I wonder how smart that kid is after he gave an interview to the Washington Post. the fact his lawyer allowed it seems to make me think he's not that bright.

Wasn't too bright even taking and publishing that picture.

The kid just got bailed out, and he's standing there smiling wearing a t-shirt referring to 'black rifles'... the same kind of rifle he used to shoot 3 people
with.

I'm 110% behind this kid for what he did, and I really hope he beats the charges, but him and his lawyers (especially his lawyers), just need to STFU and
keep a low profile until this thing is over with.

Expensive coffee which is mediocre at best, that markets to a very specific part of society with videos of guns and half nekkid women, appealing to the alpha male cubicle commandos.

Do they actually think Liberals are buying coffee with a picture of a gun on it ?

They are alienating their only customers by not supporting Kyle and bowing to the Liberals trolling them on Instagram.

Good luck to them.

Expensive coffee which is mediocre at best, that markets to a very specific part of society with videos of guns and half nekkid women, appealing to the alpha male cubicle commandos.

Do they actually think Liberals are buying coffee with a picture of a gun on it ?

They are alienating their only customers by not supporting Kyle.

Good luck to them.

Seriously.

Shaffer is a great guy, but he isn't that experienced in media. I give him a pass for not knowing better this time. It's never a good idea to improvise an advertisement with controversial material without clearing it first with the advertiser. And whether you're for or against him, Kyle Rittenhouse is controversial.

I expect that the Blaze is a major supplier of customers to BRC.

They are alienating their only customers by not supporting Kyle and bowing to the Liberals trolling them on Instagram.

Good luck to them.
Exactly

"In the manner of the child or adult who may be or may not be named Kyle Rittenhouse, we, the owners of Black Rifle Coffee, affirm and deny that we do not nor have we ever not supported or denounced the miscreant or the hero who may or may not be Mr. Rittenhouse. Upon further review we therefore can not in good conscience and best marketing practice give him or her our support or denial towards and in favor of his guilt or innocence as such. We do wish him all the best or worst of luck if such things do or do not exist in his continued endeavor to be. Therefore please keep buying our coffee."

I don't know why this bothers me, I don't even drink their coffee. But, their whole advertising model of being macho men with tactical beards, tatoos, and pretty arms in tight shirts gets thrown right out of the window when you fold like a wet piece of paper the instant someone trolls you on the internet. I wouldn't have cared less if they just kept their mouth shut. They should start a new advertising campaign. Maybe centering around some beta dude watching his girlfriend making out with some alpha male. At some point she can yell at him to get her a latte or something.

Also, yes, the kid should have been dressed a little more appropriately. Given the circumstances, the only pictures one should find of this kid should be him wearing Sunday School clothes.

Gun owners don't forget too fast. What a pathetic company. I've never seen the need for tactical coffee.
The Whole “tactical coffee” BS turned me off to them from the start and I never spent a dime with them. There are better companies out there and no end to good coffee on the internet. I like Brewtality coffee company personally.

Someone needs to tell this kid not to be taking part in any kind of publicity. No mater how any one may feel about what he did ( I like most felt he was in right) he needs to understand how lucky he is. A third of our ruling class wants him in jail breaking rocks. About a third of the country wants him burned and stoned. Your free kid run for the hills. As far as BRC goes they should have said nothing and changed the code if they were pissed. This looks really bad for them considering who their target audience is. If forced to make a statement they should have said as little as possible. Their goal is to sell coffee and make money not get involved in stuff that has little to do with them. "Sometimes its better to shut one's mouth and be thought of as fool then to open one's mouth and prove them right."

"In the manner of the child or adult who may be or may not be named Kyle Rittenhouse, we, the owners of Black Rifle Coffee, affirm and deny that we do not nor have we ever not supported or denounced the miscreant or the hero who may or may not be Mr. Rittenhouse. Upon further review we therefore can not in good conscience and best marketing practice give him or her our support or denial towards and in favor of his guilt or innocence as such. We do wish him all the best or worst of luck if such things do or do not exist in his continued endeavor to be. Therefore please keep buying our coffee."
It’s called playing the middle. I’m not crucifying them either way but if you want to portray a certain image then F’king own it. If they came out and gave the kid support they might actually get some more fist pumping support from the people they are acting like they are on the side with.

Someone needs to tell this kid not to be taking part in any kind of publicity. No mater how any one may feel about what he did ( I like most felt he was in right) he needs to understand how lucky he is. A third of our ruling class wants him in jail breaking rocks. About a third of the country wants him burned and stoned. Your free kid run for the hills. As far as BRC goes they should have said nothing and changed the code if they were pissed. This looks really bad for them considering who their target audience is. If forced to make a statement they should have said as little as possible. Their goal is to sell coffee and make money not get involved in stuff that has little to do with them. "Sometimes its better to shut one's mouth and be thought of as fool then to open one's mouth and prove them right."

F that.

The kid should wear a shirt that says " Gun Owners Ridin With Biden" or a Whole Foods shirt and get that picture plastered all over the web.

This whole thing smells to me like being at a well to do party and all of a sudden the host stats asking if your a Biden supporter and if your against AR15 ownership, you need to say your a trump guy and fully support the 2A regardless if your going to make the situation “Uncomfortable” Own your beliefs regardless of who is asking.

Back
Top Bottom