Blazer Brass 9mm Failures to feed

Anyone have any issues with oversized rounds using Blazer Brass? Was at the range yesterday with my Gen4 Glock 19 and I had at least 4 failure to feeds from 4 different magazines where the round would not enter the chamber entirely causing the slide to be slightly out of battery. One round jammed my gun up so bad it took me 15+minutes to rack the slide back to extract the round, ripping the bullet out of the case. I never had any issues with Blazer aluminum or Brass before this. Maybe just a bad batch?

Last edited:
Were they preban mags or new? I had a FTF issue in my g19 with some preban mags with that and some other ammo. I ended up replacing the springs and followers and have been fine ever since.

I had some blazer 45 that did some really "funny" stuff. Dug the dirt 1/2 way down the range. Could see the bullet flying. I thought it was due to really light powder charges. Pulled a pile of them. Consistent 4 grains of whatever. I just don't buy blazer anymore.

Anyone have any issues with oversized rounds using Blazer Brass? Was at the range yesterday with my Gen4 Glock 19 and I had at least 4 failure to feeds from 4 different magazines where the round would not enter the chamber entirely causing the slide to be slightly out of battery. One round jammed my gun up so bad it took me 15+minutes to rack the slide back to extract the round, ripping the bullet out of the case. I never had any issues with Blazer aluminum or Brass before this. Maybe just a bad batch?[/QUOTE

If your G-19 is only having problems with the Blazer Brass then I would stop using it immediately, because they sound like serious problems. If all the other brands of ammo work fine in your G-19 then it's most likely a bad batch of ammo. Hey ! These things do happen. My 3rd generation G-17 has no problem with the Blazer Brass or aluminum cased ammo.

Had the exact same issue with recently purchased (1,000 round case) 115 gr. out of my Gen 4 17. Locked my gun up twice. Used a case gauge and discovered 6 rounds that had bulging cases out of 1,000.

I have shot a lot of blazer brass and aluminum with no issues in the past.
As others have said, test with other ammo before you condemn it. Could be the gun.

I will for sure be testing with different ammo, but this gun has easily over 2k rounds of Blazer (mostly Blazer aluminum) with no issue whatsoever. Personally I don't think its the gun.

I've stopped shooting 115gr Blazer Brass out of my G19. Have had too may failures with it. The 124gr seems to cycle fine.

Of all centerfire ammo I've run, only had three issues. All Blazer Brass 9mm. All seated too deeply.

Never had issues with aluminum or brass Blazer in any caliber.

This. Whether shooting a Sig, Glock or something else, no problems.

Perhaps ironically I've seen more issues with Winchester white box, which some folks talk about with the deepest reverence.

Blazer brass might be my favorite practice 9mm. It does sound like it might've been a bad batch but trying something else would really be the only way to tell.

only thing blazer does in my glocks it toss brass in my face. I find the followers on the 10 rd mags terrible. most likely your problem.

I've probably shot 2500 rounds of blazer brass and aluminum through my Shield 9 and my M&P 9C
with zero problems. I find the 124gr is more accurate though so I'm shooting out any 115gr I have left
and only shooting 124 from here on out. You may have just gotten a bad batch.
sh*t happens.

My M&P 9FS didn't seem to have any issues with Blazer aluminum or brass. Same ammo I was running through the Glock, albeit different boxes of same ammo. i'll be running some Federal or AE through the next time and see what happens.

Last edited:
Went to the range this morning with 100rds of Federal 9mm 115gr. Only issue I had was a failure to feed using a 15rd Pre-ban mag (prob needs new spring/follower) other than that it ran fine so it was definitely the Blazer Brass ammo.

Blazer Brass is weak but I've never had it fail to cycle in any typical handgun.

Went to the range this morning with 100rds of Federal 9mm 115gr. Only issue I had was a failure to feed using a 15rd Pre-ban mag (prob needs new spring/follower) other than that it ran fine so it was definitely the Blazer Brass ammo.

Sucks. I'll be generous and dispose of those nasty blazer brass for you. Too dangerous to use bad ammo. I'll even come pick it up. Just let me know when and where. [smile]

I never had an issue either, until this last round of 300 rounds I bought. I've shot thousands of Blazer aluminum and Brass though my G19 and M&P9 FS with no issue at all. It wasn't until this last batch I got where I started to have problems in my G19. Haven't tried the M&P 9 yet, but thats next.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom