Boar hunting does not go as expected. (graphic)

Guess you should bring more than some dogs and a knife to hunt boar.

Little porker didn't look that big, but wow, if they get you before you get them....

If you go to the liveleak site, there are photos of what it did to him. It didn't post here.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available
View: https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=k85Ez_1521176826

Last edited:
Go to the site and look at the after pictures.
Porky totaled that dumbass.
I've hunted them a few times, even mortaly wounded they will F you up.

Hunting pigs with dogs and using a knife is common. They use the knife so they don't risk missing and hitting one of the dogs. Where this guy messed up was not having a catch dog on the pig before he went in for the kill.

I executed about 30 hogs then got in the trap to knife the last one.. the look this thing gave me made me rethink it.

We went over to the BIL's to kill a pig and take it to the butcher.
Pig was somewhere between 350-400 pounds.
His BIL said he wanted to do the deal and hopped the fence with a .22 , walked up and shot it right between the eyes.
The pig went down and got right up again with murder in it's eyes.
The third time the both ran past me I dumped the thing with a .357
It's hard to aim when your laughing your ass off.

I've watched people not only knife pigs, but just catch them by the back feet as well. Then they "cut" them, basically cutting their balls off. Which makes the shield go away and the meat taste better when they are killed at a later date for meat. Or just catch them for removal.

This is standard practice down south, but Im sure they have a catch dog, that immobilizes the pig as much as possible. Not that people don't get hurt once and a while......Im sure it's not without its risks.

Holy shit I made the mistake of looking at the pics in LiveLeak of the aftermath. That hog guttet him like a f***ing fish!

I've watched people not only knife pigs, but just catch them by the back feet as well. Then they "cut" them, basically cutting their balls off. Which makes the shield go away and the meat taste better when they are killed at a later date for meat. Or just catch them for removal.

This is standard practice down south, but Im sure they have a catch dog, that immobilizes the pig as much as possible. Not that people don't get hurt once and a while......Im sure it's not without its risks.

He came close to getting his balls cut off. :eek:

Geez. I got a nice boar, but I didn't use a damn knife. A Freedom Arms, 4 3/4", .454 was my choice. It took two shots. I took the first shot while puling my leg out of deep mud. Dumn, I know. You had to be there. The boar was going after the dog and I didn't want him to get hurt, so I fired knowing it wouldn't be a kill shot, but it did get the boar to lose interest in the dog. Ever try a one handed shot with a .454 with smallish wood grips? On a skinny path, with a steep hill on one side and a swampy brook on the other side, the fool boar decided to charge. He could have turned around and just gone away. I didn't want to shoot him in the head and ruin the mount, so I tried to maneuver for a better shot. By the time I had a good heart shot there was just enough distance for him to come to a sliding stop about 10 feet in front of me. After I checked my shorts, I realized that I had just had the boar hunt of a lifetime. That boar hunt is one of my best life time memories.

Guy lets his dogs get ripped up cause he wants to be a man and kill one with a knife....

Oh there are PLENTY of guys out there who think, "The only way to take down a hog is with a knife. Anything else is just cowardly."

Similar guys only believe in arrows for bucks. Or open-hand for self-defense. "Only a sissy-man would carry a gun." "Like a cop????" "Well, not them. But anyone else. . . . " "Have you even ever SHOT a gun????" "Uhhhhhhh. . . . "

There was a guy who worked for Busse Combat that had Jerry make him a leaf-blade double-edged knife, IIRC. Attached it to a stick and made a pig-sticker out of it. That had to be 5-8 years ago. It was pretty cool. I'll still stick to shooting them.

BEST IN LIFE: Him running through the woods with a big-ass knife in his hand. I guess he missed that day in KINDER-FREAKING-GARTEN!!!!!

Wild pigs are really bad ass.

Domestic pigs can be nasty as well. Friends of ours had a big pig farm, and they told us that the pigs would attack you.

I took a hog a billion years ago when I was a terrible cook. Tried to smoke both hams on my gas grill. Overcooked both of them to a nasty mess. Chops and such came out OK, but not great. I kept cooking it like USDA supermarket pork that's full of disease and trichinosis. LOL

The butcher made me some yummy sausage tho.

A friend of mine has clients in the carolinas and WV. This is how they do it down there.
He's hunted with them and was scared shitless.

His guys had a pack of beagles who would chase the boar.
Once cornered, they would send in a Pitbull wearing kevlar (no joke) who would grab the boar by its neck.
The man would then go in and stab it.

I don't have a problem with it. I'd rather see that than how some people shoot bears out of trees. It gives the pig a fighting chance.

Back
Top Bottom