WTB Boat

Changing the name on a boat is bad luck unless you follow a strict guideline. I changed the name on my Mako and the engine promptly blew up. I left the Whaler as is.

I heard just the opposite. But then again, this is NES. Didn't I ask for name recommendations?

All the USCG documented boats I checked all their names changed with new ownership, which is recommended.
If an incident occurs, such as a fuel spill with the new owner, and the name on file is tied to the last owner, the USCG with come looking for the last owner. So when you sell your boat, take the name off and notify the USCG of the sale, don't just let the registration expire.

I'm sure that the MOOSE rules in Maine and Vermont are different! Don't slap the MOOSE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fERrASHdYmM

Last edited:
Last edited:
Annual time to have fun with the salespeople (twits). They seem to be trying to sucker you into a multi-function display with bundled functions that will have at least one of four capabilities obsolete in 8 months, when most apps are using an ipad for the display and a black box for a function. All processing for the radars are now done in the radar head. Some fishfinders are still available as black boxes that will WiFi to an iphone or itampon. The 20 year old radars and 50/200khz and deep sea ocean fishing sonar/fishfinders seem to still work fine for their intended functions. The 50/200khz frequencies are still in use for depths to 1000ft.

One outlet twit said that I was only looking at a $1k fishfinder when I should be looking at a 3k+ Multifunction Display (MFD) that is being mostly advertised as having the same wiz bang 3D features of the 1k fish finders. It seems that every time I drag a hook I catch a fish and didn't need to know it was there, and I don't feel like a fish that just got hooked. The wife although, likes to watch the fishees on the display.

Last edited:
Listed in the WTS section? The Link, The Link
What's next?
I'll be listing it thru the marina who is involved with Port Harbor Marine. I'm not screwing around down here with ramps, tire kickers, salt water ect. Anybody who is serious about buying will take the trip north. Hell, I flew to Florida to sea trial it after the surveys were completed.

And then there are the cheapskates. I can't tell if they are a notch above or below a tire kicker

Last edited:
Wow, a Memorial day that didn't rain! Anyone retired and enjoying boating in the Newport RI area? Boats I looked at in the Boston area get a film of black soot and need washing every three days. What happens to your lungs?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom