Boating 2021

• Thread starter Deleted member 12999
  • Start date
Salt-water wise, I gotta give the Danvers harbormaster credit.
When I asked on 15-May-99 whether I had to pay some ramp fee
since I only wanted to hand-carry a kayak in,
he said "don't block a long trailer-space when you park
and you're good to go".

Light up a cigar, bring out the cleaning supplies, turn on the radio, and watch all the knuckleheads screw things up at the public landing.
4ylcg7.jpg

Paging @Zappa

Once the Thirsty-Americans at Jubilee YC out on the second floor verandah
watched some guy get his pick-up stuck in the mud beyond the end of
the paved part of the Sandy Point ramp at low tide.

The tow truck got stuck in the mud as the tide was rising.
The meta-tow truck got stuck in the mud as the tide was rising.
When the meta-meta-tow truck driver arrived,
he handed the end of the tow cable to the meta-tow truck driver
and told him to wade into the rising seawater to hook it up,
because his rates didn't include swimming.
[rofl2]

I'll second Alum and Little Alum lake and South Pond/Qaucumqausit Pond also is really nice, very clean water and very deep in the middle, like about 80ft I think, great fishing, and very safe for water skiing and tubing, not many rocks sticking up or anything and the public launch ramp is pretty decent I have no problem putting my Seaswirl 237 in there.

Good advice here.
Little Alum used to have a terrible ramp years ago by the outflow.
South pond has good parking and a good ramp but it isn’t a straight back in.

Also, don’t leave the boat unattended while you park the car and trailer. Wallets and electronics will disappear.

Bob

Make sure you can back up the trailer and launch boat 😂 must public ramps are complete S shows . I watched some idiots drop a boat off a trailer on to the ramp this summer at big aluminum a busy Sunday morning . Nobody was going to be able to launch or pull boats until they got a tow truck or crane to get the boat out of there

Gonna stay freshwater
If you ever change your mind on that, check out the outer part of Boston Harbor. The Islands are now National parks, not many people use them. They remind me of Islands off the coast of Maine.
I used to bring the family there all the time.
Camp over night, fire on the beach. Don't let the Ranger see your beer, drink it out of a solo cup.
Lovells Island is my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom