• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bolt Action 22

Looking to pick up a bolt action 22, but I'm not 100% sure what I want. Ive got a couple 10/22's, a 22/45 and a Sig Mosquito; but Id really like to add a bolt gun to the collection.

Ive been nothing but happy with my Ruger's; but I know if I get a factory 77/22 it will receive a new barrel and stock shortly there after...and 7-800 dollars is alot to spend on a 22 that will get re-outfitted. Ive heard great things about the Sako Quad, but they are much harder to find, and also command a premium.

What are you folks using? What do you recommend? I don't have an issue shelling out the money for a good gun, but Id rather do it just once.

Thanks in advance,

Coop

Yeah, the CZs are real nice, the 452s especially with the trigger tweaked a little. On the new CZ rimfires, I'd get the set trigger - though I usually hate them, the CZ set trigger I tried seemed "just right" for a benched rimfire. The Savage Mark IIs are good for the (low) price, too, from what I hear.

Third for CZ. They come with a match quality barrel. I was looking for a left handed bolt gun and my local shop had one in stock. Couldn't be happier.

My wife loves her Weatherby MKXXII. It isn't the low cost alternative but it is a beauty!

I have a savage Mark II
Pretty good, shoots better than me i think!
Synthetic stock, gunna be my beater if i ever move out of this chithole

I think they are cheap too

CZ or Savage look like great choices. The trouble is, nobody makes a nice wood stock any more, unless you go aftermarket, and then it is to the ridiculous. It is either low end or real fancy, nothing just plain "nice" really out there. And what happened to the nice white spacers?

I just picked up a Savage MK11 BSEV. I've only had it on the range once so far, but it was a pleasure to shoot and it is a really nice looking, well built rifle.

Last edited:
My wife just got a Savage Mark II BSEV. Only 75 rounds through, but so far it's running great. She has a scope on order, but couldn't wait to shoot it. The first part of this vid shows her shooting it earlier this week:

[video=youtube_share;giMbqxkF45k]http://youtu.be/giMbqxkF45k[/video]

Thanks for the replies guys! Im leaning towards the Savage MKII FV-SR as its ready to accept a can...I will probably ditch the stock right away for a Boyds. Waiting to hear back from my dealer to see if he can get his hands on one!

Back
Top Bottom