Bond Arms Derringer Snake Slayer

So I've been given the opportunity to pick up a Bond Arms Derringer Snake Slayer. I've seen old derringers chambered in .45lc/.410 and have always taken a liking to the punch they pack. What's your take on them? Any guess as to why they won't be MA compliant?

A Bond is a rare pistol in MA. Great part is that you can buy barrel sets for just about any caliber you want. Barrel change is easy with only one screw, IIRC and they're built like a tank.

However, they are pretty big, heavy and only two shots. For the size of them, you'd be better off with a Colt or S&W snub nose revolver.

They will never be MA compliant if Bond never submits them for testing. As it's a limited use pistol and this is a small market. I doubt they ever will.

They are a Fistfull O'Fury that for sure !

I have one and the trigger takes a determined effort to make it go BOOM.

I've fired .45lc, .410 OO buck (21/2" & 3") and 3" No.6 hi brass at IDPA targets. The No.6 gets the greatest spread and would be the best against actual snakes. The OO buck shells will spread to about 10" at six feet. This is definatly a "bad breath distance" gun. It will fit into the coin pocket of several (but not all) pair of jeans I have. It'll take some pratice to actually hit something even at a close distance though.

Hmmm May pick one up. Just need to figure out which. I carry my LCP practically any and everywhere right now. I have a snub. This is definately a gun I don't "need" but want is a big one here... LoL

Its heavy, I got my girlfriend's father a bond arms texas defender in .357 magnum last month and its doesnt compare to my LCP but it is a very very well made firearm! Not something Id carry around here but it would be an awesome little gun to take hiking.

As to the compliance issue...

No loaded chamber indicator (Is there?)
No 10lb trigger pull or alternative method of making the gun 'kid resistant'.

Since it hasn't been submitted, we don't know if it would pass the drop test etc. imposed by the AG.

As to the compliance issue...

No loaded chamber indicator (Is there?)
No 10lb trigger pull or alternative method of making the gun 'kid resistant'.

Since it hasn't been submitted, we don't know if it would pass the drop test etc. imposed by the AG.

There is no "Loaded chamber indicator".
It holds two rounds, if you can't remember if you loaded it...[thinking] Oh wait, its Mass... [crying]

I think the trigger pull is around 15 lb tho... j/k [laugh]

As far as the "drop test" goes - I don't wanna be anywhere near mine if I drop it cocked... [shocked]

They will never be MA compliant as long as Coakley is AG.

Fixed it.

Dododo.gif

Back
Top Bottom