Book worm thread?

BONESTOCK

NES Member
If this has been done then please forgive me for the unnecessary duplication, and end it quickly.
I generally do much more reading in the summertime then throughout the winter months and I just thought maybe some of you had some thoughts or recommendations on good reading.
I like true crime and thriller/mystery stuff mostly. I really like forensics and good crime stories written from the investigators perspective

Thanks for playing.

Last edited:
The Devil in the White City

Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America
Erik Larson

Killers of the Flower Moon

The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI
David Grann

This one’s a page turner!

Go the F**k to Sleep Amazon product ASIN 1617750255View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1617750255/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8H20V29YZANWFQ8DEMQM

In all seriousness, I’m currently on this. It’s pretty good. I’ve become a fan of his books.

The Scavenger's Guide to Haute Cuisine: How I Spent a Year in the American Wild to Re-create a Feast from the Classic Recipes of French Master Chef Auguste Escoffier Amazon product ASIN 0812988442View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0812988442/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5TYXRQPSC5Z3420B6FBY

Up next is Laptop From Hell

I got the COMPLETE Sherlock Holmes series (like everything) from Amazon on Kindle a few years back for less than $10 I think. That took me a few months at about a half hour per day or so of reading. It's probably time to get back to it. Not true-crime, but a nice series of who-done-it's in a row with all of the clues in front of you.

I just dmld'd Under the Banner of Heaven - the book the Hulu series is based on. I have to read the real story. I watch every episode thinking WTF every week. I mean, at what point do people just NOT drink the kool-aid. Literally. A whole family that decides to just follow the crazy. WTF!!!!?????

bookworm4.jpg

I generally do much more reading in the summertime then throughout the winter months and I just thought maybe some of you had some thoughts or recommendations on good reading.
I like true crime and thriller/mystery stuff mostly. I really like forensics and good crime stories written from the investigators perspective

can't help you, i read military wwII history, mainly regarding the pacific theater.

You each might like some of Ben Macintyre's books, then.

Here are a few suggestions:
LA Confidential by James Ellroy
Striptease by Carl Hiassen
The Onion Field by Joseph Wambaugh

Another genre I really enjoy are spy novels:
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Smiley's People
The Looking Glass War
All written by John Le Carré

I got the COMPLETE Sherlock Holmes series (like everything) from Amazon on Kindle a few years back for less than $10 I think. That took me a few months at about a half hour per day or so of reading. It's probably time to get back to it. Not true-crime, but a nice series of who-done-it's in a row with all of the clues in front of you.

I just dmld'd Under the Banner of Heaven - the book the Hulu series is based on. I have to read the real story. I watch every episode thinking WTF every week. I mean, at what point do people just NOT drink the kool-aid. Literally. A whole family that decides to just follow the crazy. WTF!!!!?????

From the bookcase behind me in my office:

IMG_1251.jpgIMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

Back
Top Bottom