Bore sight advice

Last time I did this with an AR I just took the upper off mounted the scope on it. Removed bolt carrier. Then sat the thing on top of an old card board box on the kitchen table and peered through the bore at a knot on an old tree some ways down the yard on a bright day. Turned knobs on scope to match up. Rechecked it a couple times since cardboard box was a bit jiggly. Took to range. POI was within 6" at 100 yards, turned knobs some more to get it on target. Kind of "boring" actually. Would have been way more exciting if I'd spent some cash on some sort of laser thingy.

Ive never had any luck with the laser bore sights, due to visibility. Maybe you would have better luck seeing because you have less restrictions on times of shooting. Maybe try right before dusk.

My recommendation would be: get a bigger piece of cardboard, and just sight the thing in! Haha!

Green lasers are very visible.

I sucked it up and bought this last year. I've never NEEDED a bore sighter. But this thing makes it SO SO easy. The green laser can be seen through the scope at 100 yards on a sunny day.
the green laser came out about 3 months after I bought mine. Owell I seldom actually use the laser at the range. I use it at home where I have time to fiddle around with it. then its just on paper , dial in and done at the range.
Just did the 50 cal today
hope to get out tomorrow and test it, then if not to cold run some 250s over the crony

The green is not necessary. But nice. I can bore sight it at 100 yards and the shot is within an inch or 2 of where the laser says it is going to be. (with the offset targets that you can make with the sitelite software)

That actually might be worth it with what .50 BMG costs. Ha.

The green is not necessary. But nice. I can bore sight it at 100 yards and the shot is within an inch or 2 of where the laser says it is going to be. (with the offset targets that you can make with the sitelite software)

That actually might be worth it with what .50 BMG costs. Ha.
The red one i have is all but gone at 50 unless in the shadows of setting sun.

i just checked my 50 cal black powder , I used 45-70 data on the software because the dont have a muzzle loader option.
Entered my data 250 gn bullet .1BC of .286 per lee and 1650 fps
100 yard zero target at 24 yards.
I'm going to drag out the rifle and do a 50 yard check.
At 50 yards this shot should ompacr about 1” high of point of aim. But im not exactly a MOA hold shooter so
I will report back and post my first shotimage.jpgHeres the first shot at 50 yards, pretty darn close.
33005080-F1E2-4CF6-A683-04363AE3EAC4.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom