Bore Snake Storage

KMM696

NES Member
One of the other shooters on the line at the Bennington VT Appleseed shoot was storing their Boresnakes in empty MiniMag boxes. You know the box:
226755.jpg

Toss the shell plate, and it's damn near perfect. One for each caliber, stores nice, doesn't get too tangled up. If you don't use CCIs, find someone who owns a Sig Mosquito, they will have empty boxes!!!!

Wish I had found out earlier..

I use a ziplock sandwich bag for mine. Stores nice and flat and fits perfectly in the side pouch of my range bag that way.

I usually try to keep the original box, and then I can use a hook on a peg board to store them.

Hmmm ... I have mine in the original boxes except my .223 one, that one is in my AR case wrapped neatly around itself. If you can wrap it up neat, there shouldn't be any tangles when you undo it...they aren't xmas lights!

A few of mine have slithered off. I need to buy some more.

I keep them in their original little plastic containers and label the brass weight with the caliber (sometimes they don't put it and I have a hard time telling some of them apart).

I have a small tackle box with removable walls for different sized lures fits my bore snakes and some spare parts...still pretty clever to use something that would just get thrown away

+1 to the KMM696 for starting this thread. A small matter, but interesting nonetheless; and in no other format could we have gotten these kinds of interesting survey results so quickly.

I damn near shot one of mine when I looked down and a 'green snake' looked to be hiding under the loading bench! Now with zip locks or hanging from the pegboard in my reloading room.

Tossed in the pile of other cleaning shut.
I don't bring the snake to the range.
If I'm doing any cleaning at the range it's most likely barrel break....

Tossed in the pile of other cleaning shut.
I don't bring the snake to the range.
If I'm doing any cleaning at the range it's most likely barrel break....

This is one of what I consider to be the benefits of a bore snake. When you are through at the range, run a snake once or twice through the barrel and clean out any crud while it's still warm and softer.

Hmm, I just throw mine in the bag.

You really don't want the boresnake to pick up grit that might damage the barrel. If there's anything in the range bag that might be abrasive (sand?) you're not doing yourself (or your gun) any favors by just throwing it in there.

You really don't want the boresnake to pick up grit that might damage the barrel. If there's anything in the range bag that might be abrasive (sand?) you're not doing yourself (or your gun) any favors by just throwing it in there.

this, and I will say no matter how careful you think you are that snake hits the dirty bench/ground ect ect.

Plus it's more valuable with it's original box / packaging [smile].

Some of mine are in plastic ziploc bags and some are still in whatever plastic they came in.

Back
Top Bottom