• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston Area Clubs That Are COVID Cautious

Have not been in Boston long before COVID and now looking for a club in the greater Boston area that is following COVID protocols, or at least masks? I know not maybe the most popular topic when I look at some of the other threads, and I will undoubtedly tick off some people, but I have my reasons for needing to be careful. Despite that I love to shoot, own guns, and would own many that are not legal in MA but such is the limitation (and working every work around I can find). Looking for a place for pistols, rifles, and trap. Ideally would have covered outdoor short and long ranges and indoor 24/7. Looking for a good club atmosphere for post COVID world, but for now need to be able to wear a mask indoors and be distanced at outdoor stations from those that choose to not mask there, etc.. Thanks in advance for those that can help.

I respect people that want to protect themselves. Nobody is going to stop you from wearing a mask indoors and keeping your distance at the outdoor trap range.

Your best bet would be to find a club where you'd have the ability to use the facilities without others present. For example, at my club here in RI, I usually get the rifle range and pistol pits to myself. Even on weekends.

Clubs that aren't jammed packed with people usually have stringent or at least slow membership application processes, however. The clubs I've been a member of that have more open admissions tend to be the ones where there's a lot of members using the facilities at prime times, e.g. weekends and before hunting season.

Thanks for the support. Do either of your have any suggestions in the Boston area that would meet that?

If you can make it outside the 128 belt, I'm sure there are clubs accepting new members and large enough to accommodate your needs.

Definitely can do that. I drove by Andover on Sunday and couldn’t even get in. Guess it was their member’s meeting though which might explain things. Also looking at BRP but they are backed up on membership to May

Last edited:
You would probably be ok at Danvers😉. I wouldn't worry too much about the covid thing. I'm assuming by the time you get into a club we will be coming out of this whole covid thing.
I Actually had a friend that joined Andover this weekend. He said you couldn't even find a parking spot people were parking out on the road. I'm willing to bet if you head up tomorrow there will be nobody there. If you're that concerned best bet is trying to shoot off hours if possible.

I don't think I'll find anything in the Boston area. You will have to go past the 128 belt.
Hopkinton has members from Brookline and Boston.

Have not been in Boston long before COVID and now looking for a club in the greater Boston area that is following COVID protocols, or at least masks? I know not maybe the most popular topic when I look at some of the other threads, and I will undoubtedly tick off some people, but I have my reasons for needing to be careful. Despite that I love to shoot, own guns, and would own many that are not legal in MA but such is the limitation (and working every work around I can find). Looking for a place for pistols, rifles, and trap. Ideally would have covered outdoor short and long ranges and indoor 24/7. Looking for a good club atmosphere for post COVID world, but for now need to be able to wear a mask indoors and be distanced at outdoor stations from those that choose to not mask there, etc.. Thanks in advance for those that can help.
You could always just wear your mask.....and bring sanitizer to clean your shooting bench before and after. I mean......what are you actually looking for when you say you want them to obey "covid protocol"? You just expecting everyone else to wear a mask? I mean.....you do go grocery shopping right? I'd suspect a gun club would be far less "risky" than a store. Your only touching your shit at the club..... unlike a store where everyone's touched the shit your taking off the shelves and putting in your cart. Right? Are you ACTUALLY 6 feet away from everyone else at the store? Of course not. At the gun club you have a decent chance of staying 6 feet from others.

Relax. Just join a club.....wear your mask if you want.....and bring lysol wipes to the club.

I haven't gone to mine yet. They are restricting the indoor to 2. And family only, but that was back in october when I asked. I haven't had the time to go over there yet. It's only a mile away too.
I do have a few things to try out, I should get over there. I can spare 20 rounds of 9mm for a range trip I guess. I really don't want to start using any ammo unless I can replace it.

Have not been in Boston long before COVID and now looking for a club in the greater Boston area that is following COVID protocols, or at least masks? I know not maybe the most popular topic when I look at some of the other threads, and I will undoubtedly tick off some people, but I have my reasons for needing to be careful. Despite that I love to shoot, own guns, and would own many that are not legal in MA but such is the limitation (and working every work around I can find). Looking for a place for pistols, rifles, and trap. Ideally would have covered outdoor short and long ranges and indoor 24/7. Looking for a good club atmosphere for post COVID world, but for now need to be able to wear a mask indoors and be distanced at outdoor stations from those that choose to not mask there, etc.. Thanks in advance for those that can help
Maybe I don't get out enough but I think you'd do OK with a lot of clubs. The ones that I'm on the mailing list for have been pretty actively closing or restricting range use (spacing people out), and usually the same ventilation that moves air downrange seems like it would be a good situation covid-wise.

Having a good selection of outdoor ranges and 24/7 indoor might be harder to meet, since some places close their indoor in the wee hours. I know Mass Rifle and Reading both qualify, though. (I'm sure there are more, that's just just what I know on my side of Boston.)

Definitely can do that. I drove by Andover on Sunday and couldn’t even get in. Guess it was their member’s meeting though which might explain things. Also looking at BRP but they are backed up on membership to May

BRP exactly fits the bill. Sign up and wait for the May orientation. It will be May soon enough.

Thanks all.

I am looking for some place where people inside are wearing masks and if maskless outside keeping their distance from each other (or I can at least from them readily).

@snax and @amb do you have clubs in the area that you recommend?

Thanks @qqac will look into BRP again

I am in Boston proper, but willing to drive up to about 45'. Less would be ideal, but easily can reach Andover and BRP.

Thanks all.

I am looking for some place where people inside are wearing masks and if maskless outside keeping their distance from each other (or I can at least from them readily).

@snax and @amb do you have clubs in the area that you recommend?

Thanks @qqac will look into BRP again

I am in Boston proper, but willing to drive up to about 45'. Less would be ideal, but easily can reach Andover and BRP.
If you read the COVID rules for BR&P, you will see that they are super-strict . . . anyone removes a mask or eats/drinks anything on the property will lose their membership. You aren't likely to find a club that will more adhere to any rules Faker puts out there than BR&P. Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club

I was a member for 20 years and it is a great club, but if someone does not follow the rules, they are gone!

You could always just wear your mask.....and bring sanitizer to clean your shooting bench before and after. I mean......what are you actually looking for when you say you want them to obey "covid protocol"? You just expecting everyone else to wear a mask? I mean.....you do go grocery shopping right? I'd suspect a gun club would be far less "risky" than a store. Your only touching your shit at the club..... unlike a store where everyone's touched the shit your taking off the shelves and putting in your cart. Right? Are you ACTUALLY 6 feet away from everyone else at the store? Of course not. At the gun club you have a decent chance of staying 6 feet from others.

Relax. Just join a club.....wear your mask if you want.....and bring lysol wipes to the club.
I'd think that "covid protocol" means everyone is wearing a mask and doing their best to maintain a 6ft distance.

What does grocery shopping have to do with it? From what I've seen near the Boston area is probably 99% of people wearing masks indoors. Maybe not exactly 6 ft away from everyone, but keeping a distance.

If you read the COVID rules for BR&P, you will see that they are super-strict . . . anyone removes a mask or eats/drinks anything on the property will lose their membership. You aren't likely to find a club that will more adhere to any rules Faker puts out there than BR&P. Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club

I was a member for 20 years and it is a great club, but if someone does not follow the rules, they are gone!

Is mask usage actually enforced and/or adhered to at the indoor range?

From my experience, a majority of gun owners don't seem to be too concerned about covid (as you can see from a number of threads on this site). Every time I've tried to go to a range or gun shop, it's been filled with people not wearing masks.

I'd think that "covid protocol" means everyone is wearing a mask and doing their best to maintain a 6ft distance.

What does grocery shopping have to do with it? From what I've seen near the Boston area is probably 99% of people wearing masks indoors. Maybe not exactly 6 ft away from everyone, but keeping a distance.

From my experience, a majority of gun owners don't seem to be too concerned about covid (as you can see from a number of threads on this site). Every time I've tried to go to a range or gun shop, it's been filled with people not wearing masks.
My point about the grocery store is your already put in public.....woth a mask.....but ess that 6 feet from people and touching their shit......so what r u worried about at a club?

So basically your asking for a gun club where its required for everyone to wear a mask. Why didn't you just say that?

Last edited:

Knowing the club management, they are serious about all of Faker's mandates.

I resigned from the club after buying my NH house, so I haven't been on the property in a few years.

I understand not for everyone, but I have my reasons to choose this restriction. I appreciate all of the comments/sentiments/help.

And fair enough about asking for a club that requires masks!

I think that Sunday was their new members orientation. Sundays is always a breakfast for members and then Trap until noon.

But I never had company on Fridays or most days during the week. Haven't visited much this year.

Check out their website and email the membership director...I had a conversation with him this week getting my son's application in.

Back
Top Bottom