• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston Globe article calls for confiscation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post an excerpt so we don't give them the ad revenue?

long article, but this is the closing.

Still, even if we find a way to keep guns out of the hands of people who have engaged in disturbing or violent behavior — no small task, given all the stories of the troubled shooters who slipped through the cracks — it will only get us so far.

The United States’ astronomically high rates of firearm violence aren’t rooted in some unique American propensity for derangement and delinquency. Studies show our levels of mental illness and basic criminality are on par with other wealthy countries.

Other common explanations, like the social fissures created by our racial diversity, have been debunked by researchers, too. The only explanation left — an explanation borne out by a number of careful studies — is the sheer size of the American arsenal. There are 310 million handguns, shotguns, and semi-automatic weapons in American homes, garages, and waistbands.

Ultimately, if gun-control advocates really want to stanch the blood, there’s no way around it: They’ll have to persuade more people of the need to confiscate millions of those firearms, as radical as that idea may now seem.

06269f751ef5b0bc3c4d4fce6e61a50a.jpg
5259479eb735fc07c1aae0b3101cd1e3.jpg

And it also mentions Australia’s prime ministers gun control of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone wanna bet that author isn't volunteering to be first through the breech?

Looks more and more that they want an all out rebellion or civil war. I am sure they will not like the result, if any of them are still alive after its over. War by its very nature, is unpredictable. This is what everyone forgets, most of all our own government.

The United States’ ... rates of firearm violence aren’t rooted in some unique American propensity for derangement and delinquency. Studies show our levels of mental illness and basic criminality are on par with other wealthy countries.

The only explanation left ... is the sheer size of the American arsenal.

So is this suggesting that the mere presence of a firearm makes otherwise reasonable and sane individuals go out and shoot people? Interesting. Stupid, but interesting.

So is this suggesting that the mere presence of a firearm makes otherwise reasonable and sane individuals go out and shoot people? Interesting. Stupid, but interesting.
Gun safety education is through the roof nowadays. Social media channels that make millennial gun ownership cool create cultures where gun safety and gun rights advocacy are at the forefront. I don't think these newbies (myself included) would be anywhere near going insane and shooting people.

The only problem I have with the "come and take it" argument, and I really do not mean this condescendingly as I wouldn't have done this back when I lived in MA either is the level of keyboard commando-"ism".

The line in the sand is already drawn. You can't sell AR's in MA and if you get caught with a gun and no permit it's jail time. Where is the civil war? It must have stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a coffee break....

There will be no civil war, even if tomorrow ALL firearms are illegal. It isn't us vs them. It's you versus the thin blue line on a cold rainy highway when you have a tail light out and a gun in the backseat. If you shoot the guy, you look like a nutjob and go to jail. That is how one by one the cards fall.

There are two other ways this kind of thing works in reality (using historical perspective). 1.) We keep fighting the PR and public opinion game and win on political or judicial grounds or 2.) Major economic collapse and people are hungry. #2 is literally the only way a first world country actual falls into civil war reality....heck they aren't even there in Venezuela yet.

Do I love the notion of "come and take it", of course I do. But we need not kid ourselves.

If you went by your public school books you would think rebellions just spontaneously happen like a hive mind. Secretive groups use people as pawns to make events happen.

It's crazy, but you should encourage the Left in these instances to keep pushing and overreaching. The backlash is way bigger than any rallying cry gun lovers could put together.

I'm willing to give up all my guns as soon as everyone else does. Am I lying? Probably. But we'll get to that when I'm the only one left armed.

Calling for confiscation may as well be calling for civil war. Thanks to history, we know better, we know what the future holds for a disarmed populace. We all see what's happening on college campuses, the anti-White multicultural militants attacking anyone who doesn't walk lock step with them.

Because we've seen that before in Germany and China and Russia.

And I'm not going to the gas chambers or praying to Mecca 5 times a day without a fight.

The end goal of the anti-2A movement is total ban and confiscation. There are quite a few videos on youtube showing libs slipping up and letting their true intentions known, and how they try to conceal it by selling gun control as "common sense" and "gun safety."

Its naive to think that antis don't know that the overwhelming vast majority of "gun violence" involves inner city gang/drug related murders, and that school shootings are exceedingly rare--so much so that they need to fudge statistics like counting 24 year old gangbangers as "children" or considering a school shooting to be any shooting within a mile of a school at any time. And they're getting away with it via the promulgation of these lies by the complicit leftist mainstream media.

Antis aren't actually against violence. Leftists, as history shows, have no qualms about using violence to promote their agenda. And they'll happily use armed government thugs to confiscate firearms and/or kill gun owners.

Law gets passed, PD creates action teams for confiscation. Morning briefing for first confiscation of firearms.
attachment.php

Worst case of blue-flue ever. [laugh]

Yes I know its a fire department, but you get the point.

Attachments

• empty briefing room.jpg
    empty briefing room.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 759
The only problem I have with the "come and take it" argument, and I really do not mean this condescendingly as I wouldn't have done this back when I lived in MA either is the level of keyboard commando-"ism".

The line in the sand is already drawn. You can't sell AR's in MA and if you get caught with a gun and no permit it's jail time. Where is the civil war? It must have stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a coffee break....

There will be no civil war, even if tomorrow ALL firearms are illegal. It isn't us vs them. It's you versus the thin blue line on a cold rainy highway when you have a tail light out and a gun in the backseat. If you shoot the guy, you look like a nutjob and go to jail. That is how one by one the cards fall.

There are two other ways this kind of thing works in reality (using historical perspective). 1.) We keep fighting the PR and public opinion game and win on political or judicial grounds or 2.) Major economic collapse and people are hungry. #2 is literally the only way a first world country actual falls into civil war reality....heck they aren't even there in Venezuela yet.

Do I love the notion of "come and take it", of course I do. But we need not kid ourselves.

Very good point.
Are any of us brave enough to give up our comfortable lives and be ready to die on a moment's notice?
I hope I am but I cannot say that I am.

I am quite sure that they will try something big in a blue state within the next 5 years.

Law gets passed, PD creates action teams for confiscation. Morning briefing for first confiscation of firearms.
attachment.php

Worst case of blue-flue ever. [laugh]

Yes I know its a fire department, but you get the point.

I'm not buying into this. I think the room might be a lot fuller than we would like to think.

long article, but this is the closing.

Still, even if we find a way to keep guns out of the hands of people who have engaged in disturbing or violent behavior — no small task, given all the stories of the troubled shooters who slipped through the cracks — it will only get us so far.

The United States’ astronomically high rates of firearm violence aren’t rooted in some unique American propensity for derangement and delinquency. Studies show our levels of mental illness and basic criminality are on par with other wealthy countries.

Other common explanations, like the social fissures created by our racial diversity, have been debunked by researchers, too. The only explanation left — an explanation borne out by a number of careful studies — is the sheer size of the American arsenal. There are 310 million handguns, shotguns, and semi-automatic weapons in American homes, garages, and waistbands.

Ultimately, if gun-control advocates really want to stanch the blood, there’s no way around it: They’ll have to persuade more people of the need to confiscate millions of those firearms, as radical as that idea may now seem.

This is how the left works. They propose a radical idea and then KEEP proposing it so that it doesn't seem so radical any more. Eventually they get their agenda passed.

I'm not buying into this. I think the room might be a lot fuller than we would like to think.

Especially in MA. And other deep commie block states. This, may finally push for a convention of states.
At the extreme end. Some states may just say F off and leave.

I agree...look at what happened at the Bundy standoff...how many LEO's said "no way"?

Look what happened in New Orleans during hurricane Katrina.

I'm thinking we will, for the most part, be on our own.

The glib answer is would you prefer to die on your front lawn or in a concentration camp? Long term you will die either way.

THe cops have 0 interest in taking this on.

Lately I am of the mind that something else will bring it all down before we get to full confiscation.

I agree...look at what happened at the Bundy standoff...how many LEO's said "no way"?

Look what happened in New Orleans during hurricane Katrina.

I'm thinking we will, for the most part, be on our own.

LEO complicity will be bought with the same exemption they get every other time something comes down to land on us plebs. They get to keep theirs, so why would they care if we little people lose ours? We're just inexperienced, undertrained civilians, and they're the elite, after all.

I hope they do go ahead and try for confiscation. That is the only way this shit will end. If they keep doing the boiled frog routine, they will win in a couple generations.

They may be winning in MA, CT and CA, but they're losing everywhere else. Two decades ago we had a national AWB and a lot fewer gun owners and people carrying concealed.

I think the country is heading for something but it won't be a traditional civil war, since the sides are so intermingled now. It might simply be more of what you're seeing now - leftist lone wolves shooting up gun free zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom