• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

how do you think jack comes off in that article? i know him from here as harmless with an un-natural fixation on a bird. but now anyone who reads that sees a semi senile old man who hates liberals and manages the worlds largest gun emporium while selling machine guns. maybe that's him but i feel the world doesn't need to know.
Sorry, just for clarification which one of those is the crime? 🐯
I don't know about any crime, but Jack is my new hero after that article! [cheers]

New anti-gun/anti-gunowner legislation has been promised to us anyway...

"Democratic leaders — who have pledged to draft tougher legislation when they come back into formal session next year — said the bill would bring state law in line with the high court ruling that found a New York law restricting carrying licenses, similar to Massachusetts law, was unconstitutional.

Source:
Become ungovernable

FIFY.

It was a nasty hit piece... on Maura. It made her look like an idiot.

Was there the typical Globe arm-flapping about gunz? Sure. That's going to happen in everything they write. But this article had a very decided anti-Healy slant along with the arm-flapping. Surprising.

Or the Glob is trying to goad her into taking court action.

There are other statements attributed to @one-eyed Jack and others that were apparently lifted from NES, do you think there are no other sources of material for words by Jason Guida that could be edited to imply something the reporter wanted to imply? Get real. With all that he has said that is public record and easily available, I'll bet you could pluck out a partial sentence that would sound like support to almost anything. Even if he did give the reporter a statement, the level of editing by the reporter still screams manipulation and disinformation. Maybe everyone should condemn Jack and Jim as well, they are both mentioned and quoted in the article... see how ridiculous that sounds.
And yet nothing they said was damning to everyone who built a non-assault weapon AR.

I’ve been in the Guida second chance camp for a while. I thought he had turned a leaf. But I’m really scratching my head to figure out any possible way that what he said could be edited enough to change it meaningfully. It’d be great if there is an explanation that I’m not thinking of… but…

it's not the crime...it's the public opinion that f***s us up. we walk a precarious fine line here in massachusetts. again don't ask don't tell. but we love to tell. there is something with humans that they love the attention of being interviewed by media. it almost validates them as an expert.

i'm just as pissed over this as i was that tv interview in 2016. there's been a hundred posts since saying don't talk to reporters, nothing good will come from it. we just can't help ourselves.
Jack didn’t talk to the media.

I could also give 2 sh**s about what the publics opinion is, especially a globe reader.

"Hi, I'm an investigative and data journalist for the Boston Globe.
I studied journalism at Wayne State University in Detroit and was name a distinguished alumna in 2018. Prior to discovering my love of reporting, I was an artist, community organizer and waitress."

C9C73222-D846-4C49-8F03-1833257901FC.jpeg
E63F1A5A-28AF-4BFC-8313-C54076F36A65.jpeg
F3B9839E-30E7-4D4A-BC6F-567C4B78A3A9.jpeg

Not smart

“How easy is it to buy an assault weapon in Massachusetts? The answer is pretty easy. You can literally do it right now,” said Jason Guida, an attorney who specializes in firearms cases and previously served as director of the state Firearms Records Bureau.

Smart

Healey declined to speak to the Globe for this story. Her spokesperson said her office is aware of the Mill, but would not comment on it further.

I could also give 2 sh**s about what the publics opinion is, especially a globe reader.
of course you don't, but public opinion is part of the reason they now have to buy fixed mag ar rifles and pay $175 for an Anderson lower in Massachusetts that use to cost 28 bucks on a group buy. but on matters like this, public opinion does matter even if you don't like it.

You're absolutely right. Any new legislation will get smacked down. However that doesn't mean she won't try something, anything to aggravate gun owners in Massachusetts. Meanwhile we have to put up with that legislation until it's challenged and settled in court.

This article is going to embarrass her and that's good but I also think it's going to motivate her and rest of the nit wits in Massachusetts.

Do you think we will start to see every shop start selling lowers and uppers again now that Maura had her pants pulled down? 😆
New precedent has been set. Settled decades old unconstitutional law is ruled unconstitutional by SCOTUS decades later and then states pretend to comply at first while they’re just creating new unconstitutional laws in direct response and its months or years (if ever) before the courts do anything about it. NY vs Bruen challenged NY’s licensing process and carry restrictions that had been in place for decades. The courts move a lot slower than the legislators.

You're absolutely right. Any new legislation will get smacked down. However that doesn't mean she won't try something, anything to aggravate gun owners in Massachusetts. Meanwhile we have to put up with that legislation until it's challenged and settled in court.

This article is going to embarrass her and that's good but I also think it's going to motivate her and rest of the nit wits in Massachusetts.

Do you think we will start to see every shop start selling lowers and uppers again now that Maura had her pants pulled down? 😆
Pants pulled down. Problem with that whiney bi*ch is she likely never received a trip to the woodshed as a kid. A good old fashioned OTK spanking is what our Maura so desperately needs right now!

not saying he did, but how the hell did they get that information? his name, age, hates liberals, nes screen name, sells machine guns. who the f*** is doing all the talking?
Probably some LEO slipped it to them anonymously. Your FID/LTC info contains your name, date of birth, social security number, mother's maiden name, license type, criminal history, etc. All this can be accessed in seconds by police.

not saying he did, but how the hell did they get that information? his name, age, hates liberals, nes screen name, sells machine guns. who the f*** is doing all the talking?
Most likely sourced from here. All of it. Ms Big Forehead is probably reading this right now.

Internet sleuthing for sure. You could investigate almost anyone on here enough to put the pieces together. This info all seems to collectible here on NES.

Edit for the press:

I f***ing hate leftists more than Jack. You can EABOD as far as I’m concerned.
Signed, the tradesman you hire to work in your home😘

Last edited:
Probably some LEO slipped it to them anonymously. Your FID/LTC info contains your name, date of birth, social security number, mother's maiden name, license type, criminal history, etc. All this can be accessed in seconds by police.

Most likely all sourced from here. All of it. Ms Big Forehead is probably reading this right now.
inside job, someone's acting the canary!

Or the Glob is trying to goad her into taking court action.

Could very well be. I'm not sure why. The timing makes no sense if you're the Globe. They've had years to write an article like this; they know she's not going to do anything about it. She's running for Governor right now. Her day job is the last thing on her mind right now, and the Globe knows it.

Just seems weird.

Could very well be. I'm not sure why. The timing makes no sense if you're the Globe. They've had years to write an article like this; they know she's not going to do anything about it. She's running for Governor right now. Her day job is the last thing on her mind right now, and the Globe knows it.

Just seems weird.
The narrative is that she did everything she could as AG, but these greedy machine gun dealers found some technical loop hole and are still selling weapons of war. The only fix is legislation: make her governor, send her a true semi-auto ban (possession) and let her finish what she started.

Because they are on NES reading all these posts right now. Anyone who spends time on here regularly knows who Jack is.

Are we all supposed to cower in a corner because the AGs office and the press frequent this forum?

The narrative is that she did everything she could as AG, but these greedy machine gun dealers found some technical loop hole and are still selling weapons of war. The only fix is legislation: make her governor, send her a true semi-auto ban (possession) and let her finish what she started.

Maybe. But she's smarter than that, and the Globe (for all its bias and hostility to us) is not run by idiots, either. It's run by people who want to sell papers, and I imagine that's most of why they wrote this now.

Maybe. But she's smarter than that, and the Globe (for all its bias and hostility to us) is not run by idiots, either. It's run by people who want to sell papers, and I imagine that's most of why they wrote this now.

It is an article specifically made to get the liberal majority all riled up. I don’t think it will hurt Healey all that much. The rank and file Libs want her as governor and I doubt Diehl has a chance.

Back
Top Bottom