• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

More advertising for NES and The Mill
I have to be in zooyork next saturday but I’m gonna try like hell to move my meeting so I can hit littleton first thing. I hope that place is packed to the gills come Saturday.
Didn’t realize the mill was a reccord holder. More FFL’s than any other zipcode IN THE WORLD.

seriously i don't know how anyone can be pleased with this kind of publicity. we all remember the 2nd massachusetts awb after wcvb left that gun shop and recorded their story for posterity. i'm all for word of mouth amongst ourselves but stories like this are never good, it just rings too many bells. here we go again, the ag's switchboard will again light up like a xmas tree.
There’s a camo Northern Bay running around the south shore and the cape with their logo on it, I think they just love getting their name out there.

We are going to need to decentralize our non-fudd FFLs. Even if nothing happens as a result of this article, the invisible hand of the free market might take the mill from us. As a reminder, the minute someone starts using the building as a residence, then the entire place becomes ineligible for MA state dealer licenses.

I wonder how serious these plans are? As far back as early 2020 I found “The owners of the elastic factory at 410 Great Road have expressed interest in pursuing a mixed-use redevelopment for that site”.

180AF6B2-4AF5-48A4-9BE9-50245B376C4F.jpeg
32F5FA0E-F9A1-4681-9F03-379F54F742C3.jpeg

I saw this and for some reason heard this at the same time
View: https://youtu.be/cphNpqKpKc4

🤣
She also reminds me of Vigo the Carpathian from “Ghostbusters II” Google Image Result for https://vigothecarpathian.com/wp-content/uploads/vigo_face2-819x1024.jpg

On a more serious note, the third line on her Bio stopped me from reading anything else. She worked for The Trace - www.the trace.org

Most notably:
  • Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund
I’m not telling anyone what to do but it defintely helps to research anyone who wants an interview if you have a chance.

We are going to need to decentralize our non-fudd FFLs. Even if nothing happens as a result of this article, the invisible hand of the free market might take the mill from us. As a reminder, the minute someone starts using the building as a residence, then the entire place becomes ineligible for MA state dealer licenses.

I wonder how serious these plans are? As far back as early 2020 I found “The owners of the elastic factory at 410 Great Road have expressed interest in pursuing a mixed-use redevelopment for that site”.

View attachment 660690
View attachment 660691

Conspiracy time!

Maybe the lawyer is friends with the developer's lawyer... Or maybe the reporter's husband IS the developer :oops:

View attachment 660690
View attachment 660691
And if you didn’t own a prime piece of property in Littleton center you’d just let it be and not have a plan as a business man.

Ya. OK.

of course you don't, but public opinion is part of the reason they now have to buy fixed mag ar rifles and pay $175 for an Anderson lower in Massachusetts that use to cost 28 bucks on a group buy. but on matters like this, public opinion does matter even if you don't like it.
175? People running sales now?

Why would you ever talk to a reporter about anything? it’s vanity. Jack has the right idea. S my D and stay off my f***ing property.

Also, are they kicking legal out of there?

Guida, the former Firearms Records Bureau director, said the lack of enforcement over time has sent a clear message to gun dealers.
“There’s an idea that the attorney general’s enforcement notice is a press release, that it hasn’t been enforced in a court of law,” he said.

Disappointed to see this, Mr. Guida. I presume there is some missing context?
I don't know this person from Adam. But my experience in dealing with the press, I can fully suspect the opposite was true. It's entirely possible something was said in another context and suddenly, removed from the context, it sounds completely different.

I don't know this person from Adam. But my experience in dealing with the press, I can fully suspect the opposite was true. It's entirely possible something was said in another context and suddenly, removed from the context, it sounds completely different.
You are right. And note that the quote ends in a comma. That quote is not only out of context, they couldn't even use the entire sentence.

The sooner we get this done at SCOTUS the better.

Banning arms in common use is unconstitutional.

Killing the unborn is not constitutionally protected. We need a case challenging it’s legality altogether.

We also need to challenge gay marriage, enough degenerate BS. Enough madness.
As a quick aside, I personally don’t have a issue with gay marriage, who am I to judge?

Trans I think are mentally ill and practicing self mutilation, but again as much as they make me want to vomit, if they’re an adult then they can knock them selves out. Shouldn’t be able to give them drugs before they’re 18 though 100%.

Abortion is not ideal by any stretch, and there are legitimate concerns about what is vs is not murder. However at a minimum there should be exceptions in the case of rape, incest or the life of the mother being at risk, as well as fatal fetal deformities.

I’m personally of the viewpoint that abortion should be legal upto 15 weeks, but prophylactic’s should be heavily promoted to reduce the need for abortion in the first place I.E. include them under EBT benefits or something.

/off topic soapbox over.

Back on track yeah Maura was getting fluffed by CNN 4-5 days ago, made me want to puke 🤢

Glad I moved my FFL to FL now.

I sort of want a can from one of the mill guy’s now, chuckle every time I take it out seeing “Littleton, MA” on it.

Last edited:
Unless this globe “reporter” is just making shit up and saying it came from Guida. I dunno 🤷🏻‍♂️

Based on my admittedly limited experience with "reporters" - I would give this at least a 50% chance of being true.

Making shit up, tactically extracting words from a conversation to come up with a "quote", mis-quoting what you said on purpose because it suits their purpose - all of these are entirely likely when you're dealing with a reporter. Most especially when you're dealing with one that has an agenda.

Could very well be. I'm not sure why. The timing makes no sense if you're the Globe. They've had years to write an article like this; they know she's not going to do anything about it. She's running for Governor right now. Her day job is the last thing on her mind right now, and the Globe knows it.

Just seems weird.

Not sure why? Read post #249 by @Tartakovsky - it's pretty plainly apparent: She thinks she's some kind of liberal warrior for truth and justice or some shit like that. And somehow the Mill got into her sites. Probably because - as a leftie - she hates guns. So the Mill is a big target. All it would take was one simple question (on her part): Show me who sells the most guns in the state.... and she found herself a target.

Not sure why? Read post #249 by @Tartakovsky - it's pretty plainly apparent: She thinks she's some kind of liberal warrior for truth and justice or some shit like that. And somehow the Mill got into her sites. Probably because - as a leftie - she hates guns. So the Mill is a big target. All it would take was one simple question (on her part): Show me who sells the most guns in the state.... and she found herself a target.

This is where I disagree.

Maura is an ambitious, power-hungry fiend whose every move is calculated to lead to higher office. She does things in order to raise her profile within the party, not because she's any kind of True Believer. If she truly was a liberal warrior for anything, she'd have pushed much harder than she has.

Her edict was designed for short-term political gain. She never expected to have to defend it in court, and loud MA gun peeps generally did not raise enough of a stink about it to force her to. It was a political calculation that paid off with her for her base. I bet she'd almost forgotten all about that "enforcement notice" until the Globe just brought it up again.

The fact that her office had no comment on the merits of those claims by the Globe tells me she doesn't really care much about the issue, beyond the political hay she can make from it. This article could have been FAR friendlier to her.

This is where I disagree.

Maura is an ambitious, power-hungry fiend whose every move is calculated to lead to higher office. She does things in order to raise her profile within the party, not because she's any kind of True Believer. If she truly was a liberal warrior for anything, she'd have pushed much harder than she has.

Her edict was designed for short-term political gain. She never expected to have to defend it in court, and loud MA gun peeps generally did not raise enough of a stink about it to force her to. It was a political calculation that paid off with her for her base. I bet she'd almost forgotten all about that "enforcement notice" until the Globe just brought it up again.

The fact that her office had no comment on the merits of those claims by the Globe tells me she doesn't really care much about the issue, beyond the political hay she can make from it. This article could have been FAR friendlier to her.

Yeah but - I was talking about the reporter. Just reading thru her profile and her claimed "accomplishments" - combined with some experience with these leftie types should be enough to give a reasonably good idea of where her head was at when she went down the path of writing this story.

She works for the globe.

Employees who want to advance in their career generally do what their employer wants them do to.

Back
Top Bottom