• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

I get a kick about the lady all worried that the Mill is walking distance to her home. Where have you been for the last 5 or so years? So did any extra killy guns walk to your house and shoot the place up? No? Nothing to worry about then.

As to Maura, there's not much to worry about there. She's gunning for Governor and I don't see anyone blocking her from getting in at this point. What we really need to worry about is who Andrea Campbell is and how rabid she is going to be. McMahon is running against her, but polling shows him WAY behind which is not a big surprise in this state. Campbell is the key here now. I have a feeling she'll want to send a message as a new AG and start going after business. Honestly I hope she does as I'm really interested to see how this plays out in court. This is probably the closest MA gun owners have been to a victory in this state now that the SC has leaned in with a pro gun ruling. Here's hoping anyway.

You could tell that Maura wasn't on sound footing when she didn't go after Target Sports for telling her to F off and sending ammo to MA residents. If she was on sound footing legally she would have gone after them quick. That she didn't speaks volumes.
Unless she is a typical 300 pound liberal Karen , and walking distance is defined as about 300 yards ....the term "walking distance " could mean 5 miles.

So in other words... it means nothing.

I don’t know if I would necessarily go that far I think the deal is that the box store people like DTE and so on don’t have the level of agility or care to sell anything outside of ready to deploy products. Box stores don’t wanna deal with stuff like that they just wanna put the thing on the counter fill the forms out exactly the same way they did the last 900 times with no extra thinking or processes required. It’s more about laze. Think about it like going to a butcher shop where you can get a precisely curated cut of steak, versus a grocery store that has a chunk of meat in a package box storage or more like grocery stores…. If it’s on the shelf you can buy it if not you ain’t getting it at the box store. Box stores don’t have people or tools around waiting to do compliance work amongst other things.

only thing that really angers me about stores that don’t sell those things is that some of them run around telling people that it’s illegal and it clearly isn’t…. instead of just saying “we choose to not sell those as part of our business model” they start making up all kinds of lies about what the law says and doesn’t say which makes things more confusing for everybody.
I don’t sell lowers, it’s not part of my business model, but whenever I have a customer who is interested in a lower I personally walk them upstairs to whatever shop is open and is reputable and directly drive business to other folks at the mill.

Holy forking shirt balls!

She seems to think guns are some sort of Ring of Sauron that merely thinking about one will make you do crimes.

Her “guns are bad, m’kay?” section on her website is filled up with stuff so crazy I couldn’t make it up.
In other words she basically thinks that guns get up in the middle of the night and go out and shoot/rob people and then go back and disappear......🤣

What exactly are they searching for that shouldn't be transferred?
That that firearms that have been sold, rented, leased, transferred or delivered after October 21, 1998 meet the conditions set forth in clauses 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st of MGL Chapter 140 Section 123.

Ok. I always thought that was the job of the ATF or State Police. Thanks.
The ATF doesn't give a shit about state laws and the MSP only gets involved if someone f***s up (which they haven't at the Mill). Chapter 140 Section 123 requires the local PD to do yearly inspections, and all the parameters are spelled out in there. If you're really curious, Google it and read the unpunctuated screed. Your eyes will bleed before you're done.

We had an issue with the inspections at first because the LPD wanted to do them the way they are described in Glidden's book, but Glidden was (and still is) wrong. His inspection checklist is a piece of shit. There are things he included that are not in the law, and some things in the law that he didn't even mention. We were able to work it out with the LPD, and they've been nothing but professional.

Last edited:
Here was my response:

A "robust multi-agency government response is needed"? You should educate yourself before you make baseless statements like this. There are BATFE inspectors in there several times per month doing audits and interviews. The LPD does yearly inspections where they look through everyone's books and ensure that all of the state laws in Chapter 140 Section 123 are being followed. Send in whoever you want. There are no laws being broken or "skirted" - only obeyed. If you don't like it, change the law. We'll follow it. Just please read the ones that exist first so you'll know what you're talking about.

“Multi agency investigation”

Laugh out loud. Like the ATF and all the local law-enforcement don’t already know exactly what’s going on down there. That’s tough guy speak for “ I’m a pussy who doesn’t know what I’m talking about “

The article was 100% meant to cause trouble.

99.7% chance the GlobeDimocRAT reporter will be there this weekend incognito with a camera praying for trouble.

Let's not give her what she's praying for.

Very good point. We know what these clowns are about, we know their tactics, and we know they’re going to try to instigate some bs for a headline or a story.

We just keep being our neighborly selves at every interaction and it’ll be obvious which side is causing the problems.

Yet another instance where the liberal media and politicians try to use figures and scary numbers to create fear and panic where there is none.
80 dealers in 1 place! 5000 transactions in 1 year! = a decrease in violent crime in Massachusetts?
If these dealers and these sales, which have been happening for years, are such a problem, where is the surge in violent crime? Shootings?

When will they grasp the truth that licensed dealers and gun owners are not the people committing the vast majority of violent crimes?
Liberal math is easy to follow once you understand the concept. 2+2 = Yellow.
They know the Mill and it's customers pose no threat to public safety and break no laws. They just want to see it shut down because they don't like it. Purely emotional. No basis in law or logic.

Yet another instance where the liberal media and politicians try to use figures and scary numbers to create fear and panic where there is none.
80 dealers in 1 place! 5000 transactions in 1 year! = a decrease in violent crime in Massachusetts?
If these dealers and these sales, which have been happening for years, are such a problem, where is the surge in violent crime? Shootings?

When will they grasp the truth that licensed dealers and gun owners are not the people committing the vast majority of violent crimes?
Liberal math is easy to follow once you understand the concept. 2+2 = Yellow.
They know the Mill and it's customers pose no threat to public safety and break no laws. They just want to see it shut down because they don't like it. Purely emotional. No basis in law or logic.

Once one subscribes to friend and enemy politics, logic will dictate that you destroy your enemy. The destruction of the idols of the non-believers is ingrained in the liturgies of liberalism. All of conflict is ultimately theological.

Once one subscribes to friend and enemy politics, logic will dictate that you destroy your enemy. The destruction of the idols of the non-believers is ingrained in the liturgies of liberalism. All of conflict is ultimately theological.
That’s Like burning witches at the stake, or putting people in the stockade!

How does 5k transactions/year compare to Four Seasons? That’s like three months for them, right? (I don’t know the answer, just that FS sells a huge number of guns)
I think your looking backwards. The article is about the mill and the dealers itself, not the transactions that were done.

Back
Top Bottom