• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Why is that key? I assumed it meant "gun sales". Are you using the Mass. definition (a gun that's not a rifle or a shotgun) or the real definition that the rest of the world uses?

Ok first I'm going to point out that it's been a few days since I read the article so don't recall verbatim exactly what the wording was in relation to the 5000 firearm transactions assertion.

But, it seems a little odd that it's a nice round number - without any reference as to what the actual source is for the number.

I would also point out that, just like how the phrase " within walking distance" could mean 100ft or 5 miles, the term "firearm transaction" could mean a NICS check , or it could mean you just bought a 5 round mag for your hunting rifle. In other words , practically speaking - it means nothing. It's panic bait for weak minds.

Had to join in as well. Funny thing, none of the “Concerned citizens“ are commenting. Maybe he should start writing notes to himself….

I don't know who most those people are, but one sounds like an enraged soccer mom.

As you are all aware, the most threatening thing to freedom and democracy in this country nowadays is a middle aged white woman with a Facebook account and nothing to do while the kids are at school.

5k transactions with 500k LTC holders is 1%
Now say four average transactions per person.
A quarter of a percent.

Eldridge is toxic and full of wokeism. Though, he is lockstep with the libs. Next up for him will probably be something similar to the Illinois Safe-T act.

He's also on the everything that hurts my feelings is violence. Probably cries himself to sleep often, as well.

1663081383605.png

If other shops "dare not" sell certain items, how can the Mill cost them business by selling these items? Jack.
They didn't have the balls to challenge Maura on AR's or Glocks so they're crying foul. I've talked to a few and they insist the Mill's "business practices" will eventually be their downfall. Not yet!

Against my better judgement I clicked the FB link. I shouldn't have. Interesting how the Senator keeps saying he's getting more and more communications from concerned citizens and he's "reaching out" to see what can be done. Wonder who he's reaching out too? Pandering at it's best. Probably doing nothing but stating otherwise to help his next reelection campaign.

I wouldn't call her a reporter.

A reporter would have listed facts and allow the reader to make a desicion.

The way she wrote a lot of it, it was clearly written to elicit an emotion from the stupid people.
Correct, she/Globe had an agenda and then wrote a story to support her biased opinion on gunz.

How does 5k transactions/year compare to Four Seasons? That’s like three months for them, right? (I don’t know the answer, just that FS sells a huge number of guns)

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Why is that key? I assumed it meant "gun sales". Are you using the Mass. definition (a gun that's not a rifle or a shotgun) or the real definition that the rest of the world uses?

Right. That's my point. It's stupid to get worked up about 5k gun sales a year just because it happens at a building with a lot of FFLs, when there's a single shop that does a lot more than that and has for many years.

The number 5k are eFA-10s filed. Four Seasons was included in an article (maybe a Glob article) last year and it said they had almost 15,000 gun sales the previous year. Carl ran it on his gun transaction portal and came up with the same number - and even he was surprised.

Anyone with that system can do the same thing and more than likely a reporter got access to it. Or simply made a FOIA request for the information which is remedial.
It's all out there and easily accessible.

The number 5k are eFA-10s filed. Four Seasons was included in an article (maybe a Glob article) last year and it said they had almost 15,000 gun sales the previous year. Carl ran it on his gun transaction portal and came up with the same number - and even he was surprised.

Anyone with that system can do the same thing and more than likely a reporter got access to it. Or simply made a FOIA request for the information which is remedial.
It's all out there and easily accessible.
So I'm still going to say then - that the simplistic statement "5000 transactions" doesn't really mean anything. I used a vendor at The Mill to do the transfer when I sold an Uzi out of state. So - since those transactions aren't broken down you could just as easily make the claim that they were all from people shipping their guns to out of state buyers, instead of what is IMPLIED in the article - which is that 5000 guns were sold in state.

A perfect example of that old saying "figures dont lie but liars figure"

Eldridge is toxic and full of wokeism. Though, he is lockstep with the libs. Next up for him will probably be something similar to the Illinois Safe-T act.

He's also on the everything that hurts my feelings is violence. Probably cries himself to sleep often, as well.

View attachment 661278
He's projecting.

How these people actually get where they are is amazing.

from fencer;

"When will they grasp the truth that licensed dealers and gun owners are not the people committing the vast majority of violent crimes?
Liberal math is easy to follow once you understand the concept. 2+2 = Yellow.
They know the Mill and it's customers pose no threat to public safety and break no laws. They just want to see it shut down because they don't like it. Purely emotional. No basis in law or logic."

It's about an armed public resisting/fighting back against an oppressive govt. which is THEM. They want US put back in our place, they despise us and truly believe we are ignorant Neanderthals who don't grasp liberal superiority and the value of their elitist ideology. Dementia Joe is feeding their anxiety by doubling down on MEGA MAGA rhetoric and the "threat to Democracy" cry. [rockon]

It did during the time it was using Healy guidance to deny SBR registrations.
A condition of your FFL is that you apply for any required state licenses. A condition of your FFL is that you must follow all state and local laws. It is actually a federal crime to break state or local laws. So if you break a state law, you can be charged for breaking it twice; at the state level, and at the federal level for breaking a state law. Sometimes the ATF will be the hammer and go after the dealer even for breaking state laws, but as a rule this is not what they do. If they find violations of state laws during their inspections, they forward to state level authorities to deal with. The exceptions are usually cases where state/local ask the ATF to come in and be the bad guy. Think a certain dealer in Northborough MA that the state could not seem to take down...

Form 1 applications can only be approved if they are lawful at a state level. The ATF must review the application in light of state laws and deny if the weapon in question would violate state laws. This is why they require a copy of your LTC (cant possess w/o) and why they paused approvals of Form 1s on ARs after the Healey press conference. Once the ATF lawyers reviewed state law in light of the Healey press conference, life returned to normal (ie they concluded she was all wet).

Sarah Ryley, I am sure you are reading this. The ATF pause of Form 1s right after the press conference in 2016 and their subsequent return to approving AR15 Form 1s is an interesting data point for you in your next article. Even the fed bureaucracy concluded that the Healey enforcement notice had no basis in law and people could own new AR15s including SBRs...

Last edited:

View attachment 661278
Interestingly Eldridge was not always like this. When he was first elected he fought against the establishment and actually showed some independent thought and ideas. Unfortunately he has been in office too long and been corrupted by the money being made by doing little real work.

I would love to see MA go the NH model where they meet once every two years and get paid $200 for their services. It would return the state to the people and get rid of a lot of the corruption. But I might as well wish for the moon to be made of green cheese.

Maurons big thing is flexing with climate change bullshit, (filing lawsuits against oil companies etc) what she’s been doing all along…. Pitching gun control on a national level doesn’t really win you a lot of brownie points even as a moonbat. It’s a political loser of an issue outside of big dump city politics…. even for dems.

Correct. She used Bloomberg-funded lawyers for these lawsuits. She also filed up to 50 or more lawsuits against the Trump admin.

Back
Top Bottom