• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

Didn’t even let me buy your AK for a non rape price and then sold it to some MA turbo instead at full retard price.

Nice friend.

Did you want to buy that AK? The tan one? I don't even remember that. I kept my green AK in 5.45x39 though for some reason. I've only shot it once since I moved here.

Did you want to buy that AK? The tan one? I don't even remember that. I kept my green AK in 5.45x39 though for some reason. I've only shot it once since I moved here.
Probably because you’re free.

Nah, didn’t want it, just busting balls. Would have if it were 5.45x39

I just think it’s funny that people think they have 5000 rounds are gone and that’s even anything. That’s a break in period.

At the same time you could spend top dollar for a Bolton have a snap in half with an 100 rounds. We’ve all seen it happen

Fair, but we all have to start somewhere. I’d rather my 5000 and a couple of courses versus someone’s 500 and nothing but 12 o’clock paper punching at 25 yards in an indoor range. We do the best we can with what we have is all I’m saying

I disagree most of the people who were buying those things are just flinting hard they could easily afford something better but they just don't care. Then again if they don't care what it looks like I can't say that I blame them either... they do work. Especially if somebody has a plan to like rattle can the gun afterwards or something.
I think they are good for first builds. Everyone would rather break the ear at $50-$75 or screw something else up and not be out too much money.

I think they are good for first builds. Everyone would rather break the ear at $50-$75 or screw something else up and not be out too much money.
That's the thing with better lowers you're not breaking ears because they're not putting you in that s***** position LOL.... not that long ago I helped another member here that I'm close friends with build an AR and it was much simpler because he didn't chinse out on his lower.

I disagree most of the people who were buying those things are just flinting hard they could easily afford something better but they just don't care. Then again if they don't care what it looks like I can't say that I blame them either... they do work. Especially if somebody has a plan to like rattle can the gun afterwards or something.
Rather have 4 Anderson or PSA lowers than one overpriced Operator lower from the same forging company. I really don't care if that stupid spider logo makes boolits go 5 times faster. Last Andersons I bought cost me $117 for 4. :p

That's the thing with better lowers you're not breaking ears because they're not putting you in that s***** position LOL.... not that long ago I helped another member here that I'm close friends with build an AR and it was much simpler because he didn't chinse out on his lower.

Who breaks ears? Just use a goddamn bench block and the right size punch. It's not hard when you use the proper tools.

Who carries poverty pony stripped lowers there? I have a LPK that I was planning on using for an 80% build but the guy that was going to help me with the rest of the milling moved out of the area so for now, I have a paperweight. I wish I could get one direct from a freestate dealer at 50-60 dollars. So who carries them and for what price?
You're machining that yourself correct? On your equipment, correct? According to federal law, Correct?

The ears serve a purpose. If bottom of the trigger guard is designed to hinge down to make it easier to use with winter gloves. One end of the attachment is a pivot and the other has plunger/detent keeping it place that can be depressed and released with the point end of the round. That being said, I prefer the ones with the solid bottom better.

This is also why the fixed one generally swoop down a bit to make more room inside the trigger guard.

I love NES so much! Of course, a thread about a Boston Globe hit piece naturally devolves into a dialog on which lower makes you look the poorest.

If the Globe is still following, they must have come to the conclusion that we really love us some guns [laugh]

I love NES so much! Of course, a thread about a Boston Globe hit piece naturally devolves into a dialog on which lower makes you look the poorest.

If the Globe is still following, they must have come to the conclusion that we really love us some guns [laugh]
globes come and go and guns are forever.
whatever the libs want to think of it.

The ears serve a purpose. If bottom of the trigger guard is designed to hinge down to make it easier to use with winter gloves. One end of the attachment is a pivot and the other has plunger/detent keeping it place that can be depressed and released with the point end of the round. That being said, I prefer the ones with the solid bottom better.

This is also why the fixed one generally swoop down a bit to make more room inside the trigger guard.
I am by far no expert but over the last few years for myself and helping out friends I have assemble 25-30 lowers and I have never broken an ear, never. I suspect the ones that do don't have a lot of experience with tools or assembling things in general. I made a little "F" shaped block with a hole in it just for this purpose...it's all about support and lubrication. And of course:
C6qTJhWWoAA6KtA.jpg

Last edited:
With the new liberals and AG interns monitoring this thread they are going to be a little confused about the talk about what lowers make you poor and what caliber makes you gay. NES resident FB1 and ATF agents already know.

Yes, that's exactly why I want I want the Anderson lower. It completes the picture along with my worn out moth eaten sweater with patches on the elbows and rags around my shoes to cover the holes in the soles.

With the new liberals and AG interns monitoring this thread they are going to be a little confused about the talk about what lower makes you poor and what caliber makes you gay. NES resident FB1 and ATF agents already know.
Easy - All of them.

Broc already told us, guns are gay (can confirm). Buying them makes us poor(er), or we'd buy all of them we want whenever we want.

I am by far no expert but over the last few years between myself and helping out friends I have assemble 25-30 lowers and I have never broken an ear, never. I suspect the ones that do don't have a lot of experience with tools or assembling things in general. I made a little "F" shaped block with a hole in it just for this purpose...it's all about support and lubrication. And of course:
View attachment 662548
Years ago I made a few trigger guard install/remove tools that push the pins in/out safely
Not as fancy as this one but fully functional.
Even without the tool it isn't hard to install the pin without knocking an ear off the lower

What's this talk of broken ears? Did I miss something?

5ecf6ced4dca6859ae652cf5

FWIW, I watched that fight live and what a WTF? moment that was...

Never broke an ear on a lower. Never had a problem with Andersons and they seem to hold up just fine with .458 socom.

The one thing I have f-ed up during builds is sending detent springs into space. They must land in some sort of alternate dimension, as I have yet to find one I have launched. Any future build will be done inside a left over clear plastic bag from dry cleaning to capture those little M-Fers. Somebody at the Mill should sell those things by the pound.

Years ago I made a few trigger guard install/remove tools that push the pins in/out safely
Not as fancy as this one but fully functional.
Even without the tool it isn't hard to install the pin without knocking an ear off the lower
I just made a little F shaped jiggy thing out of a piece of oak, it supports the opposite side of the ears and slips between them and I douche the pin with oil, and I don't use a 20oz hammer when an 6 or 8 will do.

I don’t know of anyone who has broken an ear either but i was pointing out that it is one of the first things you read about in a build. Since it is sort of catastrophic, I was only pointing out that better to learn on the Yugo instead of the Ferrari. And if you don’t break anything, then you still have a perfectly functional lower.

With the new liberals and AG interns monitoring this thread they are going to be a little confused about the talk about what lowers make you poor and what caliber makes you gay. NES resident FB1 and ATF agents already know.
And don’t even bring up red dots…that’s a whole different poor/gay scale…

Back
Top Bottom