• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston globe Mill article

Most town meeting are open to the public, BUT speaking at one usually requires you to be a resident, or at least a business owner. Typically you are put on a list to speak with a mark for which side you are on, they will use that to go back and forth. You start by stating you full name and the street you live on. Then you give you opinions/comments, this is NOT an argument, no back and forth. You address the committee or board, or the chair. You refer to past speakers as the past speaker, not by name. They will encourage you not to just repeat what someone else said, although you can just "I rise in support of" Start yelling from the crowd and they will be thrown out, or they will even close the meeting, don't be that guy. They will also ask you to hold any cheers or clapping, how strictly is up to the chair.

If you have never been to one of these and plan on going, do some searching, many towns have a video archive of past meetings you can watch to see how these work. Framingham has these, I'm sure others do, I just know about theirs's.
Oh there is definitely, yelling from the crowd, clapping, and back and forth arguments in my town.

But at any time you can motion end debate/comments, get seconded, then vote on the motion to end debate. They generally let people already in line speak, then put the issue itself (warrant article, etc.) to a vote. It can get rowdy!!

It should be interesting to see what comes from this article. What about the enforcement notice AG!!

Lol.

True 4D chess would involve one of us finding a competing FFL to take the Mill to court for unfair business practices in violation of "state law," and using the AG's edict as evidence that we have a case... She'd freak out if she realized she'd have to send someone to court to argue it was actually the law.

Oh there is definitely, yelling from the crowd, clapping, and back and forth arguments in my town.

But at any time you can motion end debate/comments, get seconded, then vote on the motion to end debate. They generally let people already in line speak, then put the issue itself (warrant article, etc.) to a vote. It can get rowdy!!
This is a town meeting but not a Town Meeting. No articles and only board level votes if any. More of a “are there enough blue hairs for us to do something “

This is a town meeting but not a Town Meeting. No articles and only board level votes if any. More of a “are there enough blue hairs for us to do something “
Yeah I like to reply before I read further.....I can’t help myself!

It's mind-boggling how many times and ways the leftist media can insinuate that licensed, legal activity is somehow tainted because... Ga Ga Ga Guns. :(

There are just going on what they were told by one of the dealers and that lawyer, right? I mean they make shit up all the time, but not in this instance.. They were given the info they wanted and ran with it.

No one is going to turn away a buyer because they have alternate plans for the property. Mill buildings take forever to sell and there aren't a whole lot of buyers. This is a commercial building, the owners will sell it to whoever will pay them the most for it, and rightly so. It's like someone bitching that a pro-athlete went to another team because they're not a loyal fan.
Actually it does happen. I know of multiple major real estate transactions where less money was taken for a guarantee to keep things more or less the same. Business sales as well.

It’s gonna be a meeting full of people who don’t work who aren’t from the city.. Complaining about people that own a business and actually generate something…

That’s my only issue with working third shift, it really cuts into my sleep when I have to go f*** with people.

I probably shouldn’t show up because it sounds like another scenario were I need to put on my cowboy boots and assless chaps.

It’s gonna be a meeting full of people who don’t work who aren’t from the city.. Complaining about people that own a business and actually generate something…

That’s my only issue with working third shift, it really cuts into my sleep when I have to go f*** with people.

I probably shouldn’t show up because it sounds like another scenario were I need to put on my cowboy boots and assless chaps.
True, after reading some of your posts, I don't think you'd make a good speaker for our side. 🤣

I’ll be close by thanks to work.

@one-eyed Jack do you and the FFLs want us attending in support? If so I’m in.
You guys do what you want. To attend shows that you give a shit about their issue. I don't. We are at this point because some of you couldn't keep your yaps shut when the Globe came in. Don't open them any more. You've made your nest, now live in it. Good luck. Jack.

Last edited:
True, after reading some of your posts, I don't think you'd make a good speaker for our side. 🤣
Apparently you’ve never met me in person…
I’ll put on the lipstick and glitter… By the time I leave everybody’s confused.

This is actually just a pretty weak attempt to screw over the mill. Which has been successful against a lot of shooting ranges and things. The difference is on my property I make the rules.

This city pretends they have some authority over me. But I’m not letting that go on much longer.. No matter how much they escalate and screw me… Il makes things so much worse

View: https://youtu.be/mjJL2YU95ys

You guys do what you want. To attend shows that you give a shit about their issue. I don't. We are at this point because some of you couldn't keep your yaps shut when the Globe came in. Don't open them any more. You've made your nest, now live in it. Good luck. Jack.
I love this response… My idiot partner kept writing news articles, while I’m more boots on the ground.

I’m amazed you guys made it eight years without this happening.

Don’t talk to the news for any reason especially if it’s gun related

I don’t know about littleton bylaws are, but here’s how it works in my city

“A review of the Open Meeting Law clearly shows that there is not a requirement within that law for public participation,’ wrote Reed. She said the OML requires that the public has access to witness open session deliberation of a public body, but, “the Law does not give the public the right to participate in a public body’s meeting.”

Reed said the OML further states that “an individual may not address the public body without the permission of the chair. An individual may not disrupt a meeting of a public body, and, at the request of the chair, all members of the public will be silent. If, after clear warning, a person continues to be disruptive, the chair may order the person to leave the meeting.”

I finally read the article. I had to do a google search..... :)

cantankerous

kăn-tăng′kər-əs

adjective​

1. Ill-tempered and quarrelsome; disagreeable.
  2. Difficult to handle.
  3. Perverse; contentious; ugly; malicious.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

You should quietly sign any FFLs that are on month-to-month or short term leases onto 10 year leases, or one-year leases with up to 9 one-year extension options exercised at the tenant's sole discretion. Also add provisions that allow lease transfers to other FFLs at tenant's discretion.

That would neuter the potential impact of any purchase.

You should quietly sign any FFLs that are on month-to-month or short term leases onto 10 year leases, or one-year leases with up to 9 one-year extension options exercised at the tenant's sole discretion. Also add provisions that allow lease transfers to other FFLs at tenant's discretion.

That would neuter the potential impact of any purchase.
And also limit the number of buyers…wtf

And also limit the number of buyers…wtf
It was more of a funny thought experiment than a legitimate suggestion. It would not be a good business practice and it won't happen. But it would be hilarious if the town bought the property with insufficient due dilligence and became the decade-long landlord for 80 FFLs.

If the town moved to take the property by eminent domain, on the other hand, it might be a good payback strategy.

It was more of a funny thought experiment than a legitimate suggestion. It would not be a good business practice and it won't happen. But it would be hilarious if the town bought the property with insufficient due dilligence and became the decade-long landlord for 80 FFLs.

If the town moved to take the property by eminent domain, on the other hand, it might be a good payback strategy.
If they take by eminent domain don't they have to rehouse the businesses? I would laugh hysterically as the town tries to buy a mall in some other town for 80ffls with manufacturing licenses.

Ok, IN! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom