• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BOSTON LTC Renewal Receipt question

Just finished a renewal at Boston, upon moving from an equally restrictive city. On the receipt from BPD there is a line item "License Type". It says "resident Class A Large Capacity LTC Firearms" Nothing else (no restrictions). Fingers crossed this goes in a unrestricted or is this a pipe dream?

If you're already restricted, you're gonna get restricted again if you don't "make some noise. " From anecdotal evidence it appears to be less impossible these days if you have an unrestricted in terms of blunderbussing BPD into not downgrading you. But if you're unwashed, you're gonna stay unwashed, unless something changes....

-Mike

If you're already restricted, you're gonna get restricted again if you don't "make some noise. " From anecdotal evidence it appears to be less impossible these days if you have an unrestricted in terms of blunderbussing BPD into not downgrading you. But if you're unwashed, you're gonna stay unwashed, unless something changes....

-Mike

Its a change from Cambridge to Boston PD. Address was changed with proper forms and all prior to renewal, but I had to renew in boston. They said they are treating it as a new application and not renewal. I insisted that it was a renewal verbally and on the application in writing. Also wrote ALP as reason for issuance ( I did not select to renew a restricted LTCA). Its out of my hands now. but the fact the license type had no restrictions on it gives me hope. Ill know in a few (or dozen) weeks when I get it.

Since it didn't say "no restrictions", I'm guessing you're SOL.

thats the thing, its my first application/renewal in boston and curious how they label things in their records. I wrote ALP and didnt get asked to change it by the interviewer. Fingers crossed.

thats the thing, its my first application/renewal in boston and curious how they label things in their records. I wrote ALP and didnt get asked to change it by the interviewer. Fingers crossed.

Good luck. It doesn't matter what the paper says, it's what they put in the MIRCS at the end of all the background checks that makes all the difference in the world.

Your application goes in as restricted unless the big guy in that dept. changes it.Every time you go for a renewal it's treated as a new application.You need to bring all the same paperwork again,and go to moon island. My first LTC from Boston was in 1982. Good luck,and I hope you get unrestricted.

Your application goes in as restricted unless the big guy in that dept. changes it.Every time you go for a renewal it's treated as a new application.You need to bring all the same paperwork again,and go to moon island. My first LTC from Boston was in 1982. Good luck,and I hope you get unrestricted.
Did you have to bring in your training certification when you reapplied?

Did you have to bring in your training certification when you reapplied?

You have to bring everything just like if it was a new application,and they have been known to ask for a new training certification.There are many PD that ask for a new training cert. everytime you renew.

So what is the cheapest way to "make some noise"?
I asked this before and someone (maybe drrant?) said something along the lines of:

Doctor; lawyer; instructor. Make yourself fit info one of those categories.

Maybe a business owner that carries a lot of cash could work too, not sure. From my experience classes, training, competition, etc - zero result. Follow the advice I just paraphrased.

I am a non-medical doctor. Does that count?

Well what we consider non-medical doctors that are psychologists/psychiatrists are at high risk from their clients. Just ask that doctor at MGH who was stabbed.

PhD English professors? Not so much!

The only doctors which count to BPD are the ones with prescription books. Any other type of doctor is not considered to have an occupational risk. to demonstrate 'need'.

Well what we consider non-medical doctors that are psychologists/psychiatrists are at high risk from their clients.!
Psychiatrists are M.D.'s who specialize in psychiatry which is a legitimate branch of medicine pretty much like surgery or OB/GYN. Psychologists are .. well, I don't want to offend any psychologists who may be reading this. Two different professions.

Back
Top Bottom