• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston LTC restrictions in light of SCOTUS decision?

Has anyone heard anything new on Boston CCW restrictions being removed or reinforced in light of the SCOTUS decision?
Every time I renew I get these damn restrictions. I know of one -possible- work around but it requires time and money I dont have at the moment.
Hoping that they are forced to remove restrictions, but Im sure that wont happen without litigation first.

Has anyone heard anything new on Boston CCW restrictions being removed or reinforced in light of the SCOTUS decision?
Every time I renew I get these damn restrictions. I know of one -possible- work around but it requires time and money I dont have at the moment.
Hoping that they are forced to remove restrictions, but Im sure that wont happen without litigation first.
I wish you the best but I would be totally prepared for a long fight.

The lefts obsession with draconian gun laws had a lot to do with the fact their inner cities are total failure ridden crime hell holes. If you are a law abiding citizen your 2nd A rights take a back seat to "the community".

Due to the AG's belligerent response that she has no intention of honoring the orders of the USSC, I would expect no change at BPD or many other communist towns. It will take time for Comm2A to sue each town and the state to change this.
Belligerent is spot on. I would add omnipotent. Someone needs to smack her/she/it back to planet earth.

What they said ⬆️, and here in this particular post in this thread. ⬇️

I believe that this ruling will have the reverse effect here in Massachusetts, they may make it even more difficult for us. This state sees itself as the model for gun control and the Democrats have worked hard to get us to where we are now. So, I do not believe that they are going to go down without a fight. I also believe that Massachusetts will be the last state to fall. Massachusetts a shall-issue state? [rofl]

I believe that this ruling will have the reverse effect here in Massachusetts, they may make it even more difficult for us. This state sees itself as the model for gun control and the Democrats have worked hard to get us to where we are now. So, I do not believe that they are going to go down without a fight. I also believe that Massachusetts will be the last state to fall. Massachusetts a shall-issue state? [rofl]
This is what I’m afraid will happen too. Permits will be “easier” to obtain, but there will be more places where you cannot carry, stiffer penalties, and expect Healy to lobby legislature as other governors have done (look at CT) to tighten laws further. This is a zero sum game at best for us.

My assumptions are of course without any further pro-2A SCOTUS rulings.

Towns like Lexington and Brookline have a lot of cash so suing them could be problematic because they'll fight you. We need to find less affluent towns that can't afford the costs and go after them.

So much for "The Spirit of America" motto on MA plates. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MA couldn't be further from the spirit of America.

This is what I’m afraid will happen too. Permits will be “easier” to obtain, but there will be more places where you cannot carry, stiffer penalties, and expect Healy to lobby legislature as other governors have done (look at CT) to tighten laws further. This is a zero sum game at best for us.

My assumptions are of course without any further pro-2A SCOTUS rulings.
A LTC easier to get? I don't think you'll have to worry about that. Yes, I believe that there will be new rules and regulations. Without any way of stopping the state, they could add a psych evaluation or a letter from your PCP as a condition to get a LTC. Either way, they are not, I repeat, not going to make it easier for us to get a gun license.

One could say that the restrictions are unconstitutional and therefore nonbinding. You have been granted a license, which means you are 'suitable' and with the decision you can not be denied the right to carry. Yes the sensitive places part is a thing but otherwise you are in the clear.

The problem I recognize with this is that you may end up losing $$$ and years of your life in Court over it. In the end you would prevail but it is a road you would have to travel.

Towns like Lexington and Brookline have a lot of cash so suing them could be problematic because they'll fight you. We need to find less affluent towns that can't afford the costs and go after them.
They didn't get rich writing a lot of checks. I bet they fold when it looks like they will take a big costly loss for nothing.

When they fight, lose and payout big civil penalities every time..........there will surely be people in the town saying why do we keep paying these big sums of money every time?

Small towns....for sure they will change because one lawsuit could bankrupt the town.

Hopefully people in red towns will have some backing and funding from GOAL/Comm2A for lawyers and lawsuits so they can sue these motherfxckers and win every time.

Judge Clarence Thomas removed your restrictions. They are null and void in every state in America.

What your comfortable doing about it is your choice.......waiting for BPD to do it...well.....your in for a long wait.

I too wonder if this will make it worse for us in MA for the reasons laid out above. Frankly, with only non-binding signage and little of that, as well, we haven't had to think much about "where we're going in a day." At best this will remove restrictions from the minority of folks still suffering under them, but it could bring a patchwork of concerns we haven't yet had to deal with.

I foolishly believed the Commonwealth would just lawfully comply with a SC decision. NJ saw the writing on the wall and did it in timely fashion. Continued opposition just invites lawsuits, with the first to be named being the Issuing Authorities, since it's ultimately their call. The resistance might continue, but meanwhile the Chiefs can simply make it their policy to issue Unrestricted LTC's and minimize liability until cooler heads prevail.

I foolishly believed the Commonwealth would just lawfully comply with a SC decision. NJ saw the writing on the wall and did it in timely fashion. Continued opposition just invites lawsuits, with the first to be named being the Issuing Authorities, since it's ultimately their call. The resistance might continue, but meanwhile the Chiefs can simply make it their policy to issue Unrestricted LTC's and minimize liability until cooler heads prevail.
The problem is there are big rich towns/cities that will back these morons. Until its there own money on the line.....these zealots will use as much as the taxpayer money as allowed.

Its imperative that every shxthead town/city that doesn't give out unrestricted permits, the taxpayer money they waste on lawsuits be outed publicly.

Even in these towns, when you get the word down to the average taxpayer who can barely afford gas and food, nevermind the retarded taxes in these towns.........they might get pissed that a million was wasted paying Joe Blow because you wouldn't give him an unrestricted gun permit. They might start showing up at town meetings, emailing and calling and saying WTF!

Bigger cities will be tough to crack, but if the Cheif in the city is getting sued by over 100 people for civil rights violations, people are going to start asking questions. The more that jump on to these lawsuits the merrier.

This is where social media will be your friend in outing these motherfxckers.....get on facebook...tell people how much the town is wasting on a lost cause.

Like the strength in numbers approach. Judges will not be able to sweep a case for unrestricted when there are dozens involved. It will get more news coverage and politicians won't be able to gaslight the public.

Let's get the train rolling we have no choice anyway.

It's better to get a win in the 1st Federal Circuit than the SJC or some Mass district court,
because then it applies to more jurisdictions.

But while I've said that going after Lexington would be an epic win,
I suppose there is an advantage in going after a town
that has a more optimal balance of stupidity and poverty.

Because if we can get a poor town into Federal court,
they'll hire sh¡ttier counsel, and the beatdown may be easier.

Just ask yourself a very simple question. Will the issuing authority be financially or legally punished at the individual level for ignoring SCOTUS? If the answer is no, then nothing has changed.

There were no teeth to the decision issued by SCOTUS. The decision shouod have included language that stated anyone continuing to enforce existing or new illegal infringements will not be protected by qualified immunity and subject to personal damages as well as arrest.

GOAL is working on it! You should wait until GOAL comes up with a directive on what to do. I know that it sucks to wait any longer. I had restrictions my first six years, and it was in a small town where it didn't matter how old you were, what you did for work, etc. It came down to who you knew in the department!

Just ask yourself a very simple question. Will the issuing authority be financially or legally punished at the individual level for ignoring SCOTUS? If the answer is no, then nothing has changed.

There were no teeth to the decision issued by SCOTUS. The decision shouod have included language that stated anyone continuing to enforce existing or new illegal infringements will not be protected by qualified immunity and subject to personal damages as well as arrest.
While I agree this will make things take longer.....a proactive, easy way to get people in lawsuits in numbers, will shut this down eventually. Im not a lawyer....and don't know how it works, but say like an car company auto lawsuit....... say Comm2A decides to do a class action type civil rights lawsuit and sends mailers in that one town for restricted people to just jump on to it with a simple email back. No money or time involved, and with each added plaintiff the cost goes up....... That would get the town talking.

Again, not sure that can be legally done or not...not a lawyer.

Back
Top Bottom