• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston LTC restrictions in light of SCOTUS decision?

They honestly don't care. 99% of the public just doesn't care either. The only poor saps left reading a newspaper are over 65 and think they need robot insurance.

This ruling means absolutely nothing if the states are allowed to sidestep the law and add more and more regulations. The truth is, the very people who do not want us to have guns are still in charge, so tell me, what has really changed since the ruling? If the ruling came from the supreme court then the states should not be allowed to interfere or supersede this ruling, and that is exactly what they are planning on doing.

This ruling means absolutely nothing if the states are allowed to sidestep the law and add more and more regulations. The truth is, the very people who do not want us to have guns are still in charge, so tell me, what has really changed since the ruling? If the ruling came from the supreme court then the states should not be allowed to interfere or supersede this ruling, and that is exactly what they are planning on doing.

Yes. Welcome to America.

That's the way it's always been. All this is precisely the same dynamic that went on in the South as the feds tried to dismantle Jim Crow laws. It takes awhile and is extremely frustrating while it does, but for some reason this is how our country always seems to handle civil rights. Back then, the states dragged their feet so much that the President had to send in the actual Army (not the National Guard) to help the states realize it was time to treat their citizens equally.

We're not at that point yet, but who knows? We're in for the long haul. But eventually we'll win. Read about school desegregation. The states ignored that too, for years. Here in "liberal" Boston, there were still compliance issues twenty years later. TWENTY YEARS.

We're not at that point yet, but who knows? We're in for the long haul. But eventually we'll win. Read about school desegregation. The states ignored that too, for years. Here in "liberal" Boston, there were still compliance issues twenty years later. TWENTY YEARS.
Boston Public Schools are more segregated now than they were in the 1970s.

Boston Public Schools are more segregated now than they were in the 1970s.
Today segregation is celebrated. In the 70's being color (religion, culture, etc.) blind was what society wanted which is how it should be. Live and let live. Judge a man by the quality of his character and all that. The great melting pot. Not so anymore, differences need to be recognized and actually be given special treatment wether it's a carve-out for jobs, school admissions and test scores, business establishments, how one identifies themself and in every other direction on the compass which has the capacity of maintaining a heading as much as a balloon does in a fan factory.

Last edited:
The Dem's don,t care about SCOTUS decisions. The only one they are celebrating is the lifting of illegals to remain in Mexico. Just what we need more gang members and drugs.

Well I guess Maura advised PD's that LTC restrictions are no longer a thing as long as a holder/applicant isn't a federal PP or statutorily by MA law 'unsuitable'.
See this thread:
& GOAL's thread:

No need to do anything. As of now there are no restrictions. I would keep a copy of that letter on me though to show a cop if needed.

Not good advice - to do nothing is to agree voluntarily to the restrictions.
Assert that you want an unrestricted license to show that you disagree and demand full access to your fundamental right

The are still going to ask WHY?

Last paragraph

Last paragraph
Licensing authorities may continue to inquire about the reasons why the applicant wants a license, but may only use that information to assess the prohibited person and suitability requirements of the statute. They may not use that information to deny or restrict a license for lack of a sufficiently good reason to carry a firearm.

4DDh.gif

Not good advice - to do nothing is to agree voluntarily to the restrictions.
Assert that you want an unrestricted license to show that you disagree and demand full access to your fundamental right
The FRB might not be issuing new licenses with restriction removal because of cost? The clerk at my PD entered my address as residing in an apartment, not a single family residence. I called the FRB and they refused to issue a new license and just corrected it in the computer. I know my situation is much different than the ruling, but don't be surprised if the same happens.

The FRB might not be issuing new licenses with restriction removal because of cost? The clerk at my PD entered my address as residing in an apartment, not a single family residence. I called the FRB and they refused to issue a new license and just corrected it in the computer. I know my situation is much different than the ruling, but don't be surprised if the same happens.

Tell them it was destroyed while boating.

I lost my wallet. or I lost it.

Not sure for restrictions, but MA never issues a new license with address change.

It is only a pain when you buy a gun because the dealer wants to see your DL to confirm the address you told them.

That is it.

Some online places that might require you to send a license to have stuff shipped, I usually send it with a note saying "MA doesn't issue a new license" and they never give me trouble.

It is only a minor inconvenience ...

But ... there is a big positive side - if you lose your license, and some scumbag finds it and knows what it is, they will have the wrong address.

At the end of the day what matters is what is in the government computers. If you are in a situation that you have to show the PoPo your license, you are most likely getting arrested no matter what the license says.

As long as the person requested in writing (or email) and received a reply that their restrictions were removed then what is on the license isn't all that important (for the second case and forward)
Unfortunately, some crappy town will try to put someone through the ringer for a printed license having restrictions even if the LO has removed them in the system.

its going to be a grind but eventually i think you will see towns like boston and such issue unrestricted Ltcs

Boston? Meh, nbd. They will fold, although the moon island BS is another story. The "Brooklines" are the ones you really want to see get kicked in the junk.
Towns like Lexington and Brookline have a lot of cash so suing them could be problematic because they'll fight you. We need to find less affluent towns that can't afford the costs and go after them.
Most of those have already folded, the worst ones left are likely all big $$$$ or big dump cities like Springfield, etc.

Then there are half turd towns like lowell too that need to get their ass handed to them with their faggoty swan song letter requirements and "you must get your cert at this one place" garbage

Last edited:
I won't be surprised if they don't pay to reissue new "unrestricted" licenses.

Merely telling the police to ignore it is a lot cheaper.

f*** them. They should pay for it all. Anyone with something other than none deserves the right to a reprint with box removed.

I'm wondering if anyone was issued a license between June 23 (day of the Supreme Court ruling) and July 1 (yesterday); and if so, what it looked like.

Why would you be showing anything to a cop now?
Valid point. In >40 yrs of having a LTC and carrying, was stopped twice for speeding while armed and never was a LTC shown or mentioned. I've printed plenty of times and again no issue.

If you don't act suspicious or do anything stupid, the likelihood of having to prove yourself goes down astronomically, even in MA.

Back
Top Bottom