• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston LTC restrictions in light of SCOTUS decision?

Her successor seems like a tighter twat

Quite a list from a want-to-be tyrant.

That agenda makes her a shoe-in for the job in Commiechusetts. Sad to say, but a moving van is your only savior with her and Herr Healey in power.

Quite a list from a want-to-be tyrant.
Mostly a lot of bullsh*t. A lot of blah blah blah... for votes.

Like this point:
  • Hold gun sellers accountable if they sell a gun without safety features, particularly when such guns are sold to new and untrained gun owners.

Let's see, I go to buy a new gun with no safety, guess the seller will have to somehow evaluate if I am proficient to own such a gun. Maybe I need to bring a log with range time, a few certificates, some letters of recommendation so the dealer can take a look and decide if I meet the State proficiency requirement.

As I said, a bunch of bullsh*t bullet points.

GFY Andrea

Gun Hoarding? WTF is that?
Buying more than one gun per license renewal period and 'because no one needs more than 10 rounds; purchases of ammunition shall be limited to 10 rounds per year per gun'.

"Oh you want to practice? Use a laser cartridge" Which they will then limit sales of as restricted items requiring state certification and testing while prohibiting use as home 'due to the chance of negligent discharges'.

/I wish this was dark bullshitting, but some petty tyrant legit is cookin' this crap up like a short order cook at Waffle House.

well these two policies/goals seem "well advised" :rolleyes:

• Work with local organizations to create and bolster programs that teach formerly incarcerated individuals or those who otherwise interact with the criminal justice system about gun laws and gun safety.
  • Address disparities in legal gun ownership that all too often criminalize individuals in communities of color and create a program to expunge the records of those who demonstrate responsible behavior after a charge of illegal possession.

well these two policies/goals seem "well advised" :rolleyes:

• Work with local organizations to create and bolster programs that teach formerly incarcerated individuals or those who otherwise interact with the criminal justice system about gun laws and gun safety.
  • Address disparities in legal gun ownership that all too often criminalize individuals in communities of color and create a program to expunge the records of those who demonstrate responsible behavior after a charge of illegal possession.
Essentially, let violent criminals off the hook for possessing a firearm under a disability. And f*** legal gun owners up the ass for keeping it legal.

Still no unrestricted license in the mail from BPD or a response to my request. I wonder if they are backlogged or not bothering to reprint.

Still no unrestricted license in the mail from BPD or a response to my request. I wonder if they are backlogged or not bothering to reprint.

When did you apply and how did you contact them? With that many people in the city, I assume they are gonna be slow and handle apps in the order received.
They are definitely reprinting, people have posted new LTCs with no restrictions since last month.

A friend in Medford just informed me that the chief had called him (unprompted) to come pick up his new, unrestricted LTC.

@F-Bobby have you had any more luck with Watertown?

Someone had said Cambridge was still playing hardball, too. Any updates there?

Received today a new LTC with no restrictions from Scituate (Massachusetts) PD unsolicited -- previously had the target-hunting restriction which I was assured was for a 1st time LTC

Envelope included a letter from the SPD chief explaining the NYSRPA v. Bruen decision, but of interest, the statement that on 08-10-22 Baker signed into law H.5163 "An Act to improve and modernize the information technology systems and capacities of the judiciary" -- apparently the judiciary bond bill included limited firearms law changes in response to Bruen -- provisions are effective immediately, hence new license issued with no restrictions

I'd checked periodically on SPD website for acknowledgement of Bruen since the SCOTUS decision (and MA AG capitulation) for any statement about changes to LTC restrictions -- nothing there, even today -- but new unrestricted LTC issued nonetheless

Hope that the citation of H.5163 is useful for people with less helpful PDs in MA -- I was unaware that the MA had acted formally through the bill to remove the "good reason" clause

Received today a new LTC with no restrictions from Scituate (Massachusetts) PD unsolicited -- previously had the target-hunting restriction which I was assured was for a 1st time LTC

Envelope included a letter from the SPD chief explaining the NYSRPA v. Bruen decision, but of interest, the statement that on 08-10-22 Baker signed into law H.5163 "An Act to improve and modernize the information technology systems and capacities of the judiciary" -- apparently the judiciary bond bill included limited firearms law changes in response to Bruen -- provisions are effective immediately, hence new license issued with no restrictions

I'd checked periodically on SPD website for acknowledgement of Bruen since the SCOTUS decision (and MA AG capitulation) for any statement about changes to LTC restrictions -- nothing there, even today -- but new unrestricted LTC issued nonetheless

Hope that the citation of H.5163 is useful for people with less helpful PDs in MA -- I was unaware that the MA had acted formally through the bill to remove the "good reason" clause
But didn't extend my expiration date for another 6 years :(

I waited since October 2022 . went to BPD headquarter. The customer service told me they are backed up. i have to wait? So long do i have to wait? Do i need to reapply for my LTC ? my current wouldn't expire until 2024. Are they going to wait for me to renew my LTC because giving me the unrestricted license ?
I have been carrying in my car all the time but never concealed on me yet since the new law just passed.. :D ...

I waited since October 2022 . went to BPD headquarter. The customer service told me they are backed up. i have to wait? So long do i have to wait? Do i need to reapply for my LTC ? my current wouldn't expire until 2024. Are they going to wait for me to renew my LTC because giving me the unrestricted license ?
I have been carrying in my car all the time but never concealed on me yet since the new law just passed.. :D ...

My town put out a notice that any existing listed restrictions are now unenforceable, and you didn't need to do anything with regards to obtaining a new licensed until natural renewal.

Edited to add obligatory: IANAL.

No need to do anything. As of now there are no restrictions. I would keep a copy of that letter on me though to show a cop if needed.
My town put out a notice that any existing listed restrictions are now unenforceable, and you didn't need to do anything with regards to obtaining a new licensed until natural renewal.
Edited to add obligatory: IANAL.
I believe the law regarding penalties for violating restrictions has been removed. Even the Brookline PD appears to understand that unrestricted is unrestricted.

Well, we've gone over a year now. Some improvements, yet it feels like we're so far behind other states. Just chuggin' along.

Back
Top Bottom