• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston neighborhood has a gun problem

Going out on a limb and presuming this is a hit put out by one of the warring Caribbean crime syndicates the media and mayor pretend don’t exist. Almost all the shootings in Boston (Dorchester, Roxbury, Mattapan) each year are Caribbean gangsters with a lesser amount of Central American gang crime in East Boston, Charlestown, or Jamaica Plain, and an almost insignificant dwindling number of Bulgerish Irish in South Boston.

The Chinese and Vietnamese gangs (drugs, human trafficking, money laundering) seem to resolve their conflicts without publicly shooting each other.

There is an entire harbor and a supply of concrete right under the highway.

Wait.... If people start getting fished out with special shoes we'll need licences to do weekend projects putting up a new mailbox....

And since the shooting happened in Dorchester (most likely by an unlicensed individual), then our excellent legislature will restrict the gun rights for every legally licensed citizen outside of Dorchester.

Solving intercity shootings would be racist. They hate that the root problem is a black crime issue.
712Kf5dCq7L._SX679_.jpg

I’ll just come right out and say it: there are a group of narrow-minded, blatantly racist dudes on this forum. There are also a lot of thoughtful, open-minded folks. For the racists, young black man gets shot in Dot, he must have been drug or gang affiliated, End of Story.

My relatives tell me that Dorchester is undergoing a ‘renaissance.’ I guess that’s lefty talk for bloodletting.
Dorchester is over six square miles and roughly 100,000 people, and broken down into at least eight different sub-neighborhoods. It’s a real “melting pot” with ancestry as follows: Irish 19%, Vietnamese 17%, African 11%, Cape Verdean 9%, Italian 6%, and at least 10 others. The neighborhoods are what I call “Microsegregated,” with one street mostly Irish, the next Vietnamese, the next Cape Verdean, and on.

The South End gentrified after Back Bay became crowded and expensive. Next stop was South Boston. Our neighbor sold her unimproved three family, no parking, for $1.1 million.

Since 2012 Savin Hill skyrocketed, and now other parts of Dot (mostly near Red Line stations) are also experiencing huge price runups. At the same time, the Geneva Four Corners area remains a crime and gang hot spot. Whenever there is a murder in Dot, I map the address and it’s usually within a few tenths of a mile from there. This young man was killed 0.3 miles from there, his family were long-time residents.

But this incident on the face of it seems different from most drug or gang-involved shootings. This kid graduated from Buckingham Brown & Nichols, a highly selective private school in Cambridge. He was redshirted by UMichigan basketball and then played a year. He was coaching at UMB. He was shot near his parents house, and the police don’t seem to have any leads or suspects. Sad ending regardless of how it transpired.

My point is that the mayor won’t handle the Che-vous area ,or theBowdoin-Geneva section ,and the Uphams Corner section ,their answer is to dis arm the rest of state instead.
Enough of the b.s.

But this incident on the face of it seems different from most drug or gang-involved shootings. This kid graduated from Buckingham Brown & Nichols, a highly selective private school in Cambridge. He was redshirted by UMichigan basketball and then played a year. He was coaching at UMB. He was shot near his parents house, and the police don’t seem to have any leads or suspects. Sad ending regardless of how it transpired.

That sucks. Kid was a role model.

Thank you Garanadman for your thoughtful comments. I know Kendric Price's mother personally and unless there was some unbelievable secret he was keeping from her he was the victim of mistaken identity or caught in the crossfire of some stupid gang s**t.
Also, my gun club (BGRA) is in Dorchester (Fields Corner). I have met some great folks there, men and women who enjoy guns and shooting and are from the neighborhood and they are all fine people. And they all support gun owners' rights and are just as mad about meaningless "gun control" as anyone else.
W.E.C is right about the mayor (and thought he/she didn't say it our new DA Rachel Rollins is also guilty) of not cracking down on the crime in that area. And yes the legislature keeps squawking about more gun control which mostly affects law-abiding citizens. I exercise "situational awareness" when I go to BGRA. But let's not jump to conclusions about people just because they happen to live in a certain city or neighborhood.

I know Kendric Price's mother personally and unless there was some unbelievable secret he was keeping from her he was the victim of mistaken identity or caught in the crossfire of some stupid gang s**t.

I get the feeling he was targeted for mentoring kids to keep them out or get them out of the local gangs.

Back
Top Bottom