• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boston Police Commissioner upset about release of prisoners.

Oh, poor baby..Are your wittle feels all butt hurtz?

How about the justice for the victims of the crimes that they have already committed and those that they hurt while they are released on their own personal recognizance...

Remember the police show up after these criminals have already hurt or killed someone!

Don't worry because the politicians all say your special...

Disarm the public, protect and service yourselves....Eheey!

Last edited:
Oh, poor baby..Are your wittle feels all butt hurtz?

How about the justice for the victims of the crimes that they have already committed and those that they hurt while they are released on their own personal recognizance...

Remember the police show up after these criminals have already hurt or killed someone!

Don't worry because the politicians all say your special...

Disarm the public, protect and service yourselves....Eheey!
My point is you have the Police Commissioner and DA both saying that violent criminals are being released and that they are seeing an uptick in violence... sort of proves our point.

Bail is not supposed to be punitive - aka - lack of due process. But we DO need bail at a level that keeps people from skipping town.

This isn't a coronathing or a Suffolk County thing. It's a state-law thing. MASC decided you can't hold people on unreasonable bail. But $100 or RoR isn't enough to keep crims from not crimming.

What's this due process you speak so highly of?[rofl2]

Like how it applies to Red Flag laws...[slap]
I guess it doesn't apply as any kind of protection for everyone's 2nd amendment rights.

Due process..That is funny. It only applies when the corrupt politicians, DA's and judges say so!

Upset , hahahah how many criminals does the system release every day.
With out even a blink.

What's this due process you speak so highly of?[rofl2]

Like how it applies to Red Flag laws...[slap]
I guess it doesn't apply as any kind of protection for everyone's 2nd amendment rights.

Due process..That is funny. It only applies when the corrupt politicians, DA's and judges say so!

No argument. But this isn't about DA's or prosecutors. It's a ruling by the high court. And it has some basis in being right.

Would you want to be accused of killing the guy down the street with little-to-no evidence (like an argument you had the day before) and be held on $500K bail??? What the court did was right, in a way. But there is give-and-take. If you lower bail so much that criminals never show back up, clearly it was TOO low to compel them to show.

Bail isn't supposed to be about guilt or innocence.

Kind of like a couple years ago in Boston when that rapist was let go to bring back his passport and he fled the country and went back to where he came from.

I'm not arguing, just saying sometimes there is no logic to how much bail is set.

Sometimes they set bail high so that the offender doesn't commit more crimes till he gets a trial for the original crime.

He stated that he could care less if they get the virus in jail,well it look like the liberals
will soon be replacing him.I really feel sorry for some of the Boston Cops that,are
trying to do their job out there.

Gross also reminded the people of da hood to remember who made these decisions and to vote them out of office when it's time for reelection. I know he isn't elected, but Rollins is, and she should really look deep into her mirror at home.

Anyone remember this gem of a story...

"
In 2009, 191 of 210 clerk magistrates and assistants in Massachusetts padded their incomes by pocketing over $2.5 million in after-hours bail fees.

Clerk magistrates and assistants are paid salaries ranging from $84,000 to $110,000. Due to a Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court ruling that bail hearings must be held within six hours of arrest to avoid constitutional issues, the clerk magistrates and assistants are often called after work hours to set or deny bail.

If a bond is set and paid, the arrestee is charged a $40 fee. During normal business hours that fee goes into the state coffers. However, the fees for after-hours bail settings are pocketed by the clerk magistrates and assistants as a supplement to their salaries.

In 2009, 36% of Massachusetts clerk magistrates and assistants pocketed over $15,000 each in fees. Twenty-four took in more than $25,000 each. Further, 87 bail commissioners, appointed by the Superior Court Committee on Bail, pocketed another $734,000. About a third of the bail commissioners are also employed by the state in other capacities.

“This is a striking amount of money these fees are generating for these clerks,” said Michael Widmer, president of the Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation. “They are paid well. This should be a part of their responsibilities.”

Worchester District First Assistant Clerk Brendan T. Keenan, 58, led the pack in 2009, pocketing $54,990 in after-hours bail fees in addition to his $92,034 annual salary. Between 2006 and 2009, he made $266,710 in after-hours fees. The second-highest salary supplementer was Brockton District Clerk Magistrate Kevin P. Creedon, who added $42,947 in after-hours bail fees on top of his $110,221 annual salary.

“It’s not easy work at all,” said Keenan, who is on call one weekend and eleven weeknights per month. “They can call me at 4 in the morning and I’ll be there within half an hour.” ...

"
[\QUOTE]

This pretty well sums up the bail system in Massachusetts. Welcome to the land of plenty.

"This is unacceptable. People who have been locked up for violent offenses and carrying a firearm should not be released on personals, and I could care less if they get sick in jail or not."

Alright. What the Hell is wrong with everyone from Massachusetts getting this wrong. My wife does it all the time, and it's starting to get annoying.

He COULDN'T care less. He literally said the 100% opposite of what he meant to say. Why do seemingly intelligent people keep getting the difference between COULD and COULDN'T so wrong?

"This is unacceptable. People who have been locked up for violent offenses and carrying a firearm should not be released on personals, and I could care less if they get sick in jail or not."

Alright. What the Hell is wrong with everyone from Massachusetts getting this wrong. My wife does it all the time, and it's starting to get annoying.

He COULDN'T care less. He literally said the 100% opposite of what he meant to say. Why do seemingly intelligent people keep getting the difference between COULD and COULDN'T so wrong?
It's not just MA, and it's endlessly frustrating.

While dipshit DA Rollins stands there and keeps the revolving door going....
Rollins went full retard in a WGBH interview the other day. According to her, the DA's office rescues the defendants and the defense bar just sits around collecting a paycheck. Needless to say; her stupidity did not go unanswered.

Reminds me of this story out of California:

Man arrested 3 times in 1 day under CA's coronavirus-based zero-bail policy

Officers in Los Angeles County arrested and released a suspect three times in one day after he was repeatedly let go based on the zero-bail policy that California has put into effect due to the coronavirus pandemic, police said.

The policy is intended to keep the jail population lower due to COVID-19 concerns, officials say.

On Wednesday, officers responded to a call of a man attempting to break into a vehicle in the city of Glendora, in the San Gabriel Valley. According to the police, Dijon Landrum, 24, was allegedly attempting to drive away in the stolen vehicle.

Landrum was arrested, issued a citation and released, officers said.

About an hour after Landrum was released, the department said it received a call about a man allegedly taking items from residences' front yards. The responding officers allegedly found Landrum at the scene in possession of stolen items.

The officers issued Landrum a citation and recovered the property.

Later that night, a car was reported stolen out of a parking lot. Glendora officers tracked the car on the freeway in nearby La Puente, and the Los Angeles County Sheriffs and California Highway Patrol pursued the vehicle.

Landrum was arrested in Pasadena for alleged possession of a stolen vehicle and for evading officers. He was issued a citation and released for the third time that day, police said.

In early April, California's Judicial Council temporarily set bail at zero for most misdemeanors and lower-level felonies to reduce jail populations and limit the spread of COVID-19 during the coronavirus pandemic. Glendora Police Department officials said they were acting in accordance with the policy.

Frank

I will say one thing for our most likely soon to be former Boston police commissioner .
His balls are five times the size of that freaking trained seal Ed Davis.
Davis got handed his "Gunz is bad" script and never deviated from it no matter what the circumstance.

Back
Top Bottom