Boston special police officer

We must carry a .38 caliber revolver with no less than a 4 inch barrel loaded with 158gr +P Hollowpoint ammunition.

- - - Updated - - -

This is my EDC.
2qc3r7n.jpg

Looks like any othe police EDC. I will say I think the .38 revolver rule is a little outdated. You do the same job and I see no reason why you couldn't carry autos. Just my opinion though

Why cant you just carry an auto? It sounds like no one gives two craps what anyone does. Even if it gets you written up its a small price to pay. Id be rocking at least a LEO Glock 19, I assume you would qualify just like any other LE to get "Duty only" firearms..

Because if you violate the provisions of rule 400 or 400A, BPD will pull your credentials. No credentials, no job. Unfortunately thems the rules.

LEO glock aka a normal glock only allowed to be purchased by law enforcement in MA

INCORRECT. We can purchase any glock we want. Or, are you referring to buying a glock at a discount using LEO credentials through Glock's program? If so, they are the same guns.

INCORRECT. We can purchase any glock we want. Or, are you referring to buying a glock at a discount using LEO credentials through Glock's program? If so, they are the same guns.

Sorry just saw this. And I apologize in advance for jacking this thread as we are now off topic, but I am curious..

From my understanding ALL Glocks do not meet the AG list, and in order for an FFL to sell a firearm that does not meet both State police roster, and AG list then it can only be purchased by law enforcement for duty use. Now if by "We" you mean Law enforcement people, then yes you are correct, and my statement is not incorrect as I am not LE and this does not apply to me <== this is what I was trying to say. In order for ME to get one (a Glock) it would have to be private sale as NO FFL is going to sell me a Glock..

Please correct me if this is in fact incorrect..

Sorry just saw this. And I apologize in advance for jacking this thread as we are now off topic, but I am curious..

From my understanding ALL Glocks do not meet the AG list, and in order for an FFL to sell a firearm that does not meet both State police roster, and AG list then it can only be purchased by law enforcement for duty use. Now if by "We" you mean Law enforcement people, then yes you are correct, and my statement is not incorrect as I am not LE and this does not apply to me <== this is what I was trying to say. In order for ME to get one (a Glock) it would have to be private sale as NO FFL is going to sell me a Glock..

Please correct me if this is in fact incorrect..

Incorrect.

- There is no AG List, never has been and never will be! Mfrs self-certify compliance and AG objects with threats of legal action when they disagree. They did disagree with Glock.
- MSP has nothing to do with any roster or policy wrt firearms. It is EOPS that releases the list. MSP answers to EOPS, but so do tens of other agencies.
- AG list does not apply to ANY LE purchase, whether for duty use or personal use. Thus any LEO can legally purchase any Glock on the EOPS List. Contractually they are not supposed to re-sell for at least 1 year when purchased with the LE discount (LE cost is approx. what dealers would pay for the gun wholesale).
- Any Glock owner can privately sell a Glock to any willing buyer in MA with LTC.
- Glocks that were mfd prior to 10/21/1998 can be transferred by any MA Dealer, perfectly legal.
- Some MA Dealers have been known to sell post-10/21/1998 (or new) Glocks to anyone interested in buying one. That makes the MA Dealer ONLY subject to civil fines and suit from the AG, but it is NOT a problem for the buyer as the buyer is doing nothing illegal. AG Regs ONLY apply to MA Dealers (but Fed Law mandates NO transfers of handguns across state lines {from private citizen or dealer from another state} except thru an FFL who is in the state of the new owner).

[Do NOT ask WHO will sell new Glocks. Forum Rule Violation and AG's trolls troll this forum for intel to persecute dealers, thus shutting down suppliers of goods to the gun community. Thus, do not feed the trolls!]

So I was right, but my terminology was off. My understand if from GOAL's site. Stating that in order for a dealer to legally sell a firearm it has to comply with two laws, the roster, and the AG rules: I did not mean AG "list" I meant list of AG rules - from GOAL's site:

Guns sold by dealers must have mechanisms that preclude an average five year old from operating the handgun, such as requiring multiple motions or a ten pound trigger pull;

Guns must have either a load indicator or magazine safety disconnect...

and by MSP list I mean the "EOPS List"

My verbage was off i apologize, and I do understand the laws I just said it wrong - i was not clear. But you guys are telling me I am correct when purchasing from a DEALER.. and all LEO is exempt from this law.

However I did get some new info here.. If I knew a Cop and gave him money to buy me a Gen4 Glock he could purchase it and sell it to me private part right away and would not have to wait 1 year if he did not purchase it with the LEO discount?

However I did get some new info here.. If I knew a Cop and gave him money to buy me a Gen4 Glock he could purchase it and sell it to me private part right away and would not have to wait 1 year if he did not purchase it with the LEO discount?

That's called a straw purchase and its a federal felony. Don't do it, don't talk about it, don't even think about it.

You don't have to do that illegal shit to get around the list/AG regs bullshit anyways. There are plenty of legal ways to get around the stupid law as a consumer without resorting to stuff that puts you in legal peril. Remember that this compliance bullshit does not apply to YOU, the consumer, directly. Shop with that in mind. Get out, make some connections. Don't fall for the claptrap most dealers tell you.

-Mike

So I was right, but my terminology was off. My understand if from GOAL's site. Stating that in order for a dealer to legally sell a firearm it has to comply with two laws, the roster, and the AG rules: I did not mean AG "list" I meant list of AG rules - from GOAL's site: Guns sold by dealers must have mechanisms that preclude an average five year old from operating the handgun, such as requiring multiple motions or a ten pound trigger pull; Guns must have either a load indicator or magazine safety disconnect... and by MSP list I mean the "EOPS List" My verbage was off i apologize, and I do understand the laws I just said it wrong - i was not clear. But you guys are telling me I am correct when purchasing from a DEALER.. and all LEO is exempt from this law. However I did get some new info here.. If I knew a Cop and gave him money to buy me a Gen4 Glock he could purchase it and sell it to me private part right away and would not have to wait 1 year if he did not purchase it with the LEO discount?

You are still missing an important point. The statutes and AG regulations govern what a dealer can sell, not what a person can buy. That is actually a very important distinction.

As for your question about getting a cop to buy a gun for you, that is the very definition of a straw purchase and could result in both you spending a long period in federal prison.

Grant gotcha.. Erased from memory..

So what happens to a dealer if they sell me a glock? Is there some kind of audit? Do they get fined? do they loose their license? It sounds like the AG rules are just to scare people.

My mind set is that the AG rules is to dry up the circulation of "non compliant" firearms.. and I feel like there's not a lot out there.

You are still missing an important point. The statutes and AG regulations govern what a dealer can sell, not what a person can buy. That is actually a very important distinction.

As for your question about getting a cop to buy a gun for you, that is the very definition of a straw purchase and could result in both you spending a long period in federal prison.

I did not miss that point, in fact I made the word "DEALER" in caps to emphasise that i do understand this does not apply to what i can own, or purchase from a private party..

lol MGL is not very clear on the laws, I have a good understanding of them tho, I read around here a lot (more than I post). And I apologize for my initial quick response that was not clear. Thank you all for the clarification, as always everyone here is very helpful

I did not miss that point, in fact I made the word "DEALER" in caps to emphasise that i do understand this does not apply to what i can own, or purchase from a private party..

lol MGL is not very clear on the laws, I have a good understanding of them tho, I read around here a lot (more than I post). And I apologize for my initial quick response that was not clear. Thank you all for the clarification, as always everyone here is very helpful

no, it doesn't apply to what you can purchase WHATSOEVER, whether you purchased from a private party or from a dealer....if a dealer will sell it to you, you can buy it. You are doing nothing wrong by doing so.

No, as bostonasphalt2 pointed out, you still missed it.

The law governs what a dealer can sell, not what you can buy. You can buy a gun that is not on the approved roster and that does not meet the AG's regulations from a dealer. That dealer might end up having legal complications as a result of that transaction, but you have committed no crime in buying that gun.

For example, in the AG's regulation 940 CMR 16.03, it starts with the text:

It shall be an unfair or deceptive practice for a handgun-purveyor to transfer or offer to
transfer to any customer located within the Commonwealth any handgun on which the serial .
number has been placed solely in a location on the handgun that results in the number's
susceptibility to eradication

Full text here: http://www.mass.gov/ago/docs/regulations/940-cmr-16-00.pdf

As you can see, this section applies to the dealer (aka, handgun purveyor), not the buyer. The same is true for the other sections as well.

^^^ I get it.. Maybe you guys dont get that I do get it. Im so confused now on how you all keep saying the same thing, and that I get it, yet you all keep beating that same crap into my head after I said I understand. I am done here. Thank you all for your time...

PS: I understand
PPS: I get it
PPPS: Oh, you know what? I still get it.
PPPPS: Yup, still understand it.
PPPPPS: Have a nice day, oh btw, I still understand :)

^^^ I get it.. Maybe you guys dont get that I do get it. Im so confused now on how you all keep saying the same thing, and that I get it, yet you all keep beating that same crap into my head after I said I understand. I am done here. Thank you all for your time...

PS: I understand
PPS: I get it
PPPS: Oh, you know what? I still get it.
PPPPS: Yup, still understand it.
PPPPPS: Have a nice day, oh btw, I still understand :)

If you want to make life easy on yourself, just forget about all the CMR940/EOPS/list, crap. It's not really relevant to you anyways. The only reason it gets discussed so much here is because of the amount of lies spewed out by some dealers on the issue.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom