Boston UHF Repeater Gets New Pair

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
For those that don't know yet, the WN9T repeater located on top of the Federal Reserve building in downtown Boston, is now back on the air with a new frequency pair.

The new frequency is 443.550 + PL Tone 110.9 encode/decode.

====

In other news, the N1OMJ repeater in Woburn has recently been tuned up to correct a frequency drift problem.
It plays very well up into Southern NH.

This one is on 449.825 - PL Tone 136.5 encode only for now, decode will be added sometime in the future.

====

Also, not many people know this, but there is another repeater on Prospect Hill in Waltham, not associated with the WARA Group.
This one is on the Antico Tower, run by KC2LT. The coverage area footprint is nearly equal to the 449.075 machine.

The frequency is 443.050 + PL Tone 107.2 encode/decode

[thumbsup]

Last edited:
I don't expect many of these machines to be around long, at least with decent coverage.

I don't expect many of these machines to be around long, at least with decent coverage.

Woburn is outside of the PavePaws zone and doesn't play very well to the Southeast anyway.
The Waltham machines are blocked by Blue Hill in the direction of Camp Otis.
WN9T had to change it's pair and lower the power to come back into compliance.

Ya, they (DOD) wanted me to turn mine down to 17 milliwatts...LOL, so I turned it off and went to 2 mtrs. Thanks DOD

If you think you have it bad with Pave Paws, try flying down that way, huge parts of the cape are no fly zones

You went the wrong way, 900 is where things are going nowadays.
Ask N1OTY [wink]

Zappa, although I am certainly involved with 900 MHZ and support it by doing club presentations, the majority of my amateur endeavors these days revolve around 2 meter iDAS/Nexedge digital voice. Digital comms are the wave of the future and I really like to play on the cutting edge. I recently experimented with the double analog-to-digital conversion required to pass iDAS/Nexedge DV over Echolink with great success.

And don't worry about Griz. He's an old hand at this stuff, including 900!!! As a matter of fact, he does commercial cell stuff for a living, so he knows his way around the bands!!

Back
Top Bottom