• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bought a Gen4 Glock 21,Opinions?

By the way there are a lot of Gen4 G17/19's on Gunbroker for very good prices. Most are LEO turn-ins with night sights. I've bought 2 G19's and the G21. Hurry while they last.

By the way there are a lot of Gen4 G17/19's on Gunbroker for very good prices. Most are LEO turn-ins with night sights. I've bought 2 G19's and the G21. Hurry while they last.
all good with larger caliber glocks, but you`ve got to be aware of what current ammo prices are on both .45 and 10mm, compared to 9mm.
if one does not already have a good stash of it - it will cost.

When my grandson was 15 the G21 was his favorite. He was able to shoot the G21 more accurately then the G19. He is now 18 and it is still his favorite. It is a great gun a little large but that makes it the shooter it is. The next thing you want to try is to get a 10mm converversion barrel and a few G20 mags and try it with 10mm

all good with larger caliber glocks, but you`ve got to be aware of what current ammo prices are on both .45 and 10mm, compared to 9mm.
You are correct but as I posted I got a great deal 2 years ago on 2200rds of CMP 45ACP ammo from a former co-workers hubby who's father had the ammo in basement. Ammo was still packed in rusty 50 cal ammo cans. Neither had LTC and wanted it gone, that's the main reason I bought the G21.

Another reason I like the 10mm Glock over the .45: it shoots .40 no problem and .40 ammo is available and cheaper than .45 is.

hmm. it is an interesting approach.
:)
The way it is now, there's no guarantee that ammo prices come down next year like the industry was predicting last year. .45 is going to be expensive for a long time, but .40 has always been pretty available and lower in price. The 10mm Glock being able to shoot it without issues is an advantage worth taking.

I love the 21 so much, I bought a backup 21.
"Two is One: One is None* "...

* <except for testicles>

You are correct but as I posted I got a great deal 2 years ago on 2200rds of CMP 45ACP ammo from a former co-workers hubby who's father had the ammo in basement. Ammo was still packed in rusty 50 cal ammo cans. Neither had LTC and wanted it gone, that's the main reason I bought the G21.
2200 rounds, that’s nice, but, what are you going to shoot next month???

Picked up G21 Thursday at the Mill and headed to Harvard yesterday. Wow this pistol is a beast and very accurate. I shot better with G21 than with my G19, must be weight and length. I've always had issues with Glock slides locking back but not with this pistol, load 2 rds, boom,boom and slide locks back. Fired 50 rds almost all in the black and then switched back to my Gen4 G19. What a difference, G19 felt like a toy gun compared to the G21.

Picked up G21 Thursday at the Mill and headed to Harvard yesterday. Wow this pistol is a beast and very accurate. I shot better with G21 than with my G19, must be weight and length. I've always had issues with Glock slides locking back but not with this pistol, load 2 rds, boom,boom and slide locks back. Fired 50 rds almost all in the black and then switched back to my Gen4 G19. What a difference, G19 felt like a toy gun compared to the G21.
All in the black ehhh…okay. G19 is not that far off to feel like toy gun. Glad you are enjoying your honeymoon

515B157E-5E26-4372-8E8C-E77D7ED5B875.jpeg

I've always my G21 to be very accurate. Same for my G30 Pocket Freight Train... 😍

1657409716001.png
Not my photo

Last edited:
I ran a G21SF gen3 a whole season and a half of pin shooting without cleaning it. I decided to clean it once it started doing some weird stuff. Gun was filthy but it ran hard for a long time.
The only time a Glock of mine was finicky was my G17L that I was running out of the box for a class without anything other than that crap factory grease. After I finally put some oil on it it was great. But boy was it not happy out of the box. I never found that to be the case with my other Glocks, must be something with the slide/barrel length.

If you have 45 ammo. You need a G21. Even FMJ is better than a lot of the hollow points out there. They are seem to want to expand to .45 lol

Joking aside. Good gun. The only issue I had with mine. I broke my extractor. Always load from the mag, don't drop one in the pipe and let the slide go. Bad things happen. Funny part is. It still ran well. The extractor doesn't have enough movement to go around the rim of the case. So, the tip broke. Found it on a cleaning. Then, did some research. All my fault

my circa 2014 Sig P220 (of course not old school folded slide) is a great pistol. it has something like 3k rounds through it without any issues. Something about the P220 grip feels more natural in my hand compared to the more round P226/229. When I was in MA w mag restrictions I carried a my P220 and completely trust it. Unfortunately I’ve no idea if Sig is building junk P220’s these days or that model’s QC is still high.

the P220 with TLR-1 was a good fit with the PHLster floodlight.

1657454519242.jpeg

Last edited:
Now is the time to buy guns. Who knows what will be available in the not too distant future. And good solid guns will be money in the bank...

If in the budget after mortgage/food/water/meds/kids education. Spare guns, ammo, reloading is a great investment... knives too.

If in the budget after mortgage/food/water/meds/kids education. Spare guns, ammo, reloading is a great investment... knives too.
Tough choices.
Food
Meds are still cheap.
Gas
Beer is still in the food group under cold wheat and barley soup. Right?
Some heat and utilities in general.
Guns.

Back
Top Bottom