• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bought Nagant M44, Has Cracked Stock

50BMG Got it today! I went to drop in the barreled action and such but it seems to be pivoting in place/warped. So if I screw down the receiver to the magazine body the end of the stock with the nose cap is bent downwards by a bit. Would it be safe to force the wood back up and get the bands around it somehow with the hand guard top piece?

I like the looks of mosins as is. I'm also drawn to nicely done sporters. What I don't get is why boyds doesn't have at least some ofcthe common mosin nagant milspec stocks
? The sporty stuff they have does not peak my interest. I would like just a nice montecarlo type stock with adjustable comb for scope use. Or I have seen some nice stuuff on the southern Cal mosin owners club. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUPYYw4e3mM

Last edited:
50BMG Got it today! I went to drop in the barreled action and such but it seems to be pivoting in place/warped. So if I screw down the receiver to the magazine body the end of the stock with the nose cap is bent downwards by a bit. Would it be safe to force the wood back up and get the bands around it somehow with the hand guard top piece?

When you say a bit remember it did not come off your rifle so it wont fit perfectly. If you hold the barrel in place then place the top hand guard in place you should be able to squeeze the two enough to slip the barrel bands on. Try this with the stock NOT screwed into the mag. It will give you more room to let it give without cracking the stock.If you need to take some wood off the inside of the stock take a little off at a time.

I had a 91/30 that was an ex sniper high wall. I purchased a stock for a 91/30. It would not fit in the stock until I took some wood off the left side. Its part of trying to use a stock from one rifle to another.

50BMG Thanks for the offer but I want to try and tackle it. Need to learn this stuff somehow haha!. There is a band of metal under the sliding sight on the barrel on my m44 that has a notched out area on the original(cracked) stock that isnt notched out on the stock you sent me. This is why there is a "pivoting" effect. Once I notch that out it should be all set to be put together.

Last edited:
Sounds good. I like that Romanian I sent you!!!!!! The Romanian M44 I feel had next to the polish some of the nicest bluing. The one I sent you photos off is all matching and the bluing looks great. I think its calling you!!!!

Back
Top Bottom