Box Of Ammo Found In Home

Frighteningly similar to a situation I myself lived through. I found a similar 'box' in my home after buying it about 15 years ago. Worse yet, the ammo was designed to be used in a handgun. My neighbor suggested burning them in the woodstove, but I dropped them off at the PD instead, being nothing I could use.

Would have been cool if I'd seen the post saying the ammo was really hand grenades. I can see people getting a little nervous finding a box of grenades unexpectedly.

The story was originally reported it as the Globe did headline and all.

The story was originally reported it as the Globe did headline and all.

Nothing like reporting a story instead of the news. What is it that's so attractive about bias and so off-putting about facts?

When I sell this house remind me to take my m203 qmmo with me. And, that's not a spelling error. That 40mm ammo's too pricey so I'm using his reloads now.

Frighteningly similar to a situation I myself lived through. I found a similar 'box' in my home after buying it about 15 years ago. Worse yet, the ammo was designed to be used in a handgun. My neighbor suggested burning them in the woodstove, but I dropped them off at the PD instead, being nothing I could use.

Your neighbor is an idiot, you'd be well advised to steer clear of him.[rolleyes]

I got a shipment of .22 ammo once, and tossed the packing paper into the woodstove. Boy was I surprised, a couple of loose rounds were in the paper. Sounded like popcorn popping.

I don't get it. The story says they found some WWII grenades. I would call the bomb squad too if I found some grenades!

Grenades Prompt Neighborhood Evacuation
Bomb Squad Called In

POSTED: 9:12 am EDT May 15, 2008
UPDATED: 2:06 pm EDT May 15, 2008
[NEWSVINE: Grenades Prompt Neighborhood Evacuation] [DELICIOUS: Grenades Prompt Neighborhood Evacuation] [DIGG: Grenades Prompt Neighborhood Evacuation] [FACEBOOK: Grenades Prompt Neighborhood Evacuation] [REDDIT: Grenades Prompt Neighborhood Evacuation] [RSS] [PRINT: Grenades Prompt Neighborhood Evacuation] [EMAIL: Grenades Prompt Neighborhood Evacuation]
BOSTON -- The bomb squad was called to a Lawrence home on Thursday after grenades were found.

A man selling his deceased parents 28 Lynn St. home found the World War II-era grenades inside.

The neighborhood was evacuated as a precaution.

I don't get it. The story says they found some WWII grenades. I would call the bomb squad too if I found some grenades!

Grenades Prompt Neighborhood Evacuation
Bomb Squad Called In

POSTED: 9:12 am EDT May 15, 2008
UPDATED: 2:06 pm EDT May 15, 2008
[NEWSVINE: Grenades Prompt Neighborhood Evacuation] [DELICIOUS: Grenades Prompt Neighborhood Evacuation] [DIGG: Grenades Prompt Neighborhood Evacuation] [FACEBOOK: Grenades Prompt Neighborhood Evacuation] [REDDIT: Grenades Prompt Neighborhood Evacuation] [RSS] [PRINT: Grenades Prompt Neighborhood Evacuation] [EMAIL: Grenades Prompt Neighborhood Evacuation]
BOSTON -- The bomb squad was called to a Lawrence home on Thursday after grenades were found.

A man selling his deceased parents 28 Lynn St. home found the World War II-era grenades inside.

The neighborhood was evacuated as a precaution.

Refer to here: http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36750

Evacuating the neighborhood seems like a little bit of an overkill, but, yeah, finding grenades is a little different from finding small arms ammunition. I'd probably call the police if they weren't visibly deactivated, but I'll bet you these were the deactivated versions with the hole drilled in the bottom.

There is a ship wreck off the coast on southern NJ called the San Diego. It is a old WWI armored cruiser and popular among the more experienced divers. After a storm the bottom is moved around and relics pop up. Some of those relics were 5 inch shells that some decided to bring up. That did not make the boat captain and Coast Guard very happy. It got to the point they were going to close off the wreck but the industry avoided that. Bringing one up today means you might very well swim back to shore.....

The original Globe artcle simple said simply

Box Of Ammo Found In Home

BOSTON -- The bomb squad was called to a Lawrence home on Thursday after a box of ammunition was found.

The box was found at a home on Lynn Street in Lawrence.

It is unclear if the ammunition -- believed to date back to World War II -- is live, according to NewsCenter 5's Gail Huff.

I think most of us suspected there had to be more than that to the story. The issue is the types of reporting your getting from the Globe as well as others these days.

Back
Top Bottom