Braintree R&P Gun Show - 9/19 & 9/20/15

In last year's thread there were admittance coupons for the public(links are broken).
Can I use this year's coupon even if I'm not an NRA member?
http://www.brp.org/Portals/72/PDFs/2015 gun show coupon.pdf

Poking around on the BRP website I can't find a list of vendors or any detailed information other than the flyer.
http://www.brp.org/Portals/72/PDFs/2015 gun show General Pub.pdf
Is that information available? Or do I have to attend the show to find out?

Thanks!

In last year's thread there were admittance coupons for the public(links are broken).
Can I use this year's coupon even if I'm not an NRA member?
http://www.brp.org/Portals/72/PDFs/2015 gun show coupon.pdf

Poking around on the BRP website I can't find a list of vendors or any detailed information other than the flyer.
http://www.brp.org/Portals/72/PDFs/2015 gun show General Pub.pdf
Is that information available? Or do I have to attend the show to find out?

Thanks!

No to your first question. I sent an Email to the webmaster to correct the link. This year's coupons do not require NRA membership, just possession of the coupon.

Nobody (DiPrete, NY group, etc.) lists vendors. I know that the plan is to have 100 tables and they are on target to meet that goal. I have no idea who will be there other than someone doing ear plugs. I may know a bit more after our next meeting on the 14th, but I still won't know the names of vendors.

Depending on which coupon you have, you may need both. Some coupons were available that didn't require NRA membership. The online one does require NRA membership as well.

Sunday til 3 or 4? The email that went out says 8pm-4pm.

No idea what is correct. Only caution is that dealers usually pack up an hour before every Sunday show ends. The smart ones stay for last minute business, assuming there is a fair size crowd still in the building.

I must have missed you, Len. I was in and out in 20 minutes, which doesn't bode well for the show.
Dealer prices were out in space somewhere. One shop had a 2nd Gen S&W semi auto listed a $1200.00. If it was an RSR transition gun, that seems high. Run of the mill 2nd and 3rd Gens were very high as well.

Everything else seemed to be tagged at MSRP or maybe higher.

There were some empty tables as well, so either vendors were late or they just opted out.

Yes we missed each other. 4 empty tables. Dealer pricing is what it is. Many are high, just like all the large shows. Some deals. Primers at $25/K, blackpowder was (sold) $6/#.

I went this afternoon. I thought it was pretty good. Very small. I got a couple good deals on a bullet mold and rare brass. I saw decent deals on P-38, Swede Mauser and a few other items on my want list, but I don't have the money right now to spent so I didn't try to haggle. It's one of those shows that might hold a few bargains if you are looking for the right item. Only down side is the lack of Jerky.

Picked up 6/8 pistol hard case for 30. NICS was down so will pickup 30 Carbine revolver next week from club FFL & excuse to do some shooting at the club.

Not a horrible show, and for a $5 price point, I wasn't tempted to want my money back. Gun store + X% prices and no one willing to haggle. Ammo tables with old Black Talon for $35 a box. Hunters made the statement that they were really only there to promote the shop (which explained the full retail pricing). Was hoping to find some stripped lowers and other AR parts so that was disappointing. Lot's of .22LR to buy, I was temped to buy a takedown 10/22. I was more hoping that there would be a table set up for BRP membership. That would be a great thing to have. I don't want to wait until October 26 for the next orientation to join.

I will say that their only interest in people carrying into the show was to put a yellow dot on so that no one would get accused of stealing a gun. No unloading and cable ties required.

Not a horrible show, and for a $5 price point, I wasn't tempted to want my money back. Gun store + X% prices and no one willing to haggle. Ammo tables with old Black Talon for $35 a box. Hunters made the statement that they were really only there to promote the shop (which explained the full retail pricing). Was hoping to find some stripped lowers and other AR parts so that was disappointing. Lot's of .22LR to buy, I was temped to buy a takedown 10/22. I was more hoping that there would be a table set up for BRP membership. That would be a great thing to have. I don't want to wait until October 26 for the next orientation to join.

Can't do membership orientation at a gun show. We also don't need to "advertise" for members like most clubs, we get 75-100/month without any advertising.

Yesterday there were numerous AR lowers, not for $40 but I did see a couple at $80. There was one AR bbl for sale, but you will never see "all the parts" at these gun shows, only when the "big dog" comes in from Ohio (IIRC) to the Big E (assuming they still do). Dealers are dealers, whether or not they will "deal" is strictly up to them.

Who makes the .30 Carbine revolver? I got a bunch of .30 cal.

Ruger Blackhawk, Single-Action.

Someone spray painted over the "gun show" signs on the Braintree rotary. Freggin hippies

No it was the club that did that. I think that I got the straighter scoop on this yesterday.

It appears that EOPS had ordered the MSP to remove any signs that said "gun" show on them, so clubs have been changing the signs and publicity to state that it is a "sportsman's show" instead to keep from having the signage removed. I'll be "discussing" this with the good folks at Comm2A soon.

BR&P show had NO beany babies or other junk. 2 vendors with jewelry made from shell casings, one taxidermist and all the rest were gun-related businesses. Personally I was buying my hot sauces at the big gun shows, but no such vendors at BR&P.

Picked up 6/8 pistol hard case for 30. NICS was down so will pickup 30 Carbine revolver next week from club FFL & excuse to do some shooting at the club.
Was NICS down all day Saturday? I was in a shop and everyone was just standing around waiting. I finally left after 20 minutes 'cause it looked pretty hopeless. [thinking]

Was NICS down all day Saturday? I was in a shop and everyone was just standing around waiting. I finally left after 20 minutes 'cause it looked pretty hopeless. [thinking]

I'm pretty sure it was working in the morning, but not in the afternoon. One dealer tried doing the e-4473 and that was down too.

Back
Top Bottom