• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Braintree R&P "Swap Meet" - March 5, 2006

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
It's not really a gun show, but on the other hand there are oftentimes plenty of guns for sale there.

BR&P holds 1 or 2 "Swap Meets" per year where Members can sell their surplus guns, ammo, supplies, etc. [NOTE: You MUST be a BR&P Member to get a table, BUT you do NOT have to be a BR&P Member to buy anything! [wink] ]

This will NOT be advertised outside (other than my post here) the membership or perhaps the website.

Hours: 7AM to 1PM
Date: Sunday, March 5, 2006
Cost: Nothing but gas and your time! [Since it is ostensibly targeted to members, there is no admission charge.]
Size: Likely to be ~30-35 tables (just as a guess)

Since there are a few members who are dealers, one or more of them may be selling there, but most will just be private citizens doing FTF transfers, etc.

I will be there and will have a few guns for sale that day.

C-pher said:
I just might have to swing on by to check it out.
Ya, I just checked and see that I have that day off. I'll have to check with the real boss and see if anything is planned. If not, I want to go too.

C-pher said:
JonJ said:
C-pher said:
I just might have to swing on by to check it out.
Ya, I just checked and see that I have that day off. I'll have to check with the real boss and see if anything is planned. If not, I want to go too.

We'll have to work out the time...at some point, I'd like to put a face to the name.
Ya, it'd be nice to meet a few of the NES'ers. Maybe we can get a bunch to go.

I'm going to try to make this, however I'll just be getting back from FL Saturday night so it might be tight as far as my schedule.

Gary

AM,

Since Ann spilled the beans and stated that you are her Husband [smile] . . .

Why don't you come with her to the next SAS shoot (just contact me first) and join me on the other range as my guest while the ladies do their own thing? [Just note that BR&P has some rules for guests. We can discuss specifics via Email from here (or Ann has my Email address) directly if you are interested.] I'll be happy to give you a tour of the facilities also.

Since my Wife is studying for a certification exam later this month, I had to compromise with her to get her help for the Swap Meet. Thus, we'll be leaving as soon as this event is over so she can get back to her books instead of shooting on this Sunday.

Hey Len Im a member there too,braintree is a great club,I have range officer duty there on the 18th 1 to 4 pm.The las temail I got they asked if people were interested in getting certified how do I go about that..thanks...Dave

Drop by the range before 1PM that day and introduce yourself, you are relieving me as RO at 1PM! [smile]

Joe is going to probably get Jon Green to give a class for interested BR&P ROs. No details yet AFAIK.

wchandler said:
Can non-members sell as well??? Also, will there be a membership drive on Sunday?

Please see my original post to answer your first question - No.

We don't hold "membership drives", but folks are always available and willing to show prospective members around and applications are always in the clubhouse. New members' orientation meetings are the 2nd Sunday most months and we usually have between 30 and 40 members joining each month! [That's without a "membership drive", so I guess they've never felt a need to have a formal drive! [wink] ]

See www.brp.org for application form, dates of all new member orientation meetings, dues, by-laws, range rules, etc. One of the very nice things about this club is that ALL the rules and info is available to anyone with a computer and ability to navigate the website.

It looks like I won't be going to this this weekend.

I just called the Sargent that does the licensing for North Attleboro, he made an appointment for me to come in Sunday morning to renew my LTC.

So, I won't be able to make it to the swap meet.

But, if you find a Uberti SAA please let me know...If you don't mind.

I read that non-members can't get a table, but it didn't say if we could bring things to offer as trades! Hence the word "SWAP".

I have been thinking about joining for a while now.

Thanks.

wchandler said:
I read that non-members can't get a table, but it didn't say if we could bring things to offer as trades! Hence the word "SWAP".

Thanks.

It's a great club. Awesome facilities and good people. If don't live too far away JOIN!

I'm not re-newing my membership because I now live over an hour away. [sad]

wchandler said:

Thanks.

Now I see where you are coming from.

I am going to kindly request that you NOT do that. If any of the officers (and they will be there) see people with guns and flags in them or obvious outsiders making trades, there may be some hell to pay for that.

This is really only for members to sell to other members. I am the only one making this as a "public invitation" but I really don't think it will go over very well if it becomes obvious that outsiders are taking advantage of the situation. Club rules require that all members wear their badges at all times on the property. Seeing a few folks without badges won't be a problem as long as nothing draws the officers' attention to them for any reason.

I hope my reasoning is clear here. I'm making the personal invite to you guys/gals, the club has not sanctioned making this as a public announcement and if any of them perceive a problem they will likely chastise me and close it down so nobody gets in without a badge.

Let's agree please not to kill that golden goose, OK?

Thanks for your understanding.

LenS,
Not a problem at all. I am not out to ruin a good thing for anyone!! I can buy now and sell later if I join the club. Thanks!

Anyone know how much the yearly dues are? Can you get credit for work hours, like Hanson?

wchandler said:
LenS,
Not a problem at all. I am not out to ruin a good thing for anyone!! I can buy now and sell later if I join the club. Thanks!

Anyone know how much the yearly dues are? Can you get credit for work hours, like Hanson?

Dues are $90/yr (+$20 for spouse if that interests you). Initiation is $75, but $0 for a spouse that joins too. All info, rules, directions to the club, application form, etc. can be found on their website. www.brp.org

There is no "work-off" on dues at BR&P. Everyone pays the same dues unless retired or "grandfathered" (# years in).

I never realy beleived in getting money off dues if that happened then people will do it only if there is something in it for them money wise when by doing it free your still getting some thing that means alot more then just less money to pay for working and pitching in at a club.When your part of a club its like a family every one should give their time for the better of the club..the reward is having a good place to go to shoot with damn good people like at Braintree.I look at it this way we should pitch in and take care of the place that takes care of us.I volunteered my time as a fill in range officer so everyone could benefit by the ranges being open and I can feel like Im giving back to a place thats given plenty to me the last 12 years.Guys like Joe who will help you out when you have 1911 problems,and the late Fred Bickford who helped me out a long time ago when I had problems with getting a run around from local cops with my license,and the Late Joe Ruff who was chief range officer and ran the DCM courses when it was the DCM..these guys never asked anything in return but to give time to the club to clean up,keep it safe and friendly for others.This turned into a why I love Braintree response..its more than a club its a family...a family of shooters and friends,whats better than that[smile]

Dave is right. Many times I am there for a meeting or something and don't end up doing any shooting, just chatting with others. It is rare that I don't pick up the magazines on the tables or empty coffee cups that others leave behind. There is a reason that on a typical Sunday morning 30-40 folks show up to shoot the breeze with friends, eat a hearty breakfast (kitchen is open) and then head home. BR&P has a family air to the place!

LenS said:
Dave is right. Many times I am there for a meeting or something and don't end up doing any shooting, just chatting with others. It is rare that I don't pick up the magazines on the tables or empty coffee cups that others leave behind. There is a reason that on a typical Sunday morning 30-40 folks show up to shoot the breeze with friends, eat a hearty breakfast (kitchen is open) and then head home. BR&P has a family air to the place!
Len, if Ann and I go tomorrow will the kitchen be open for non-members or is it a members only area? Thanks.

Kitchen ALWAYS works on the "Irish Principle" . . . show us the "green" and you are good to go. [wink]

So the Kitchen is open to any/all folks there.

Also, as far as the club is concerned, this is a "members event".[wink]

All you folks without badges are just prospective members! [wink] [smile]

Back
Top Bottom