Braintree R&P "Swap Meet" - March 5, 2006

Well, there were a bunch of NES'rs that I met today . . . and since I'm terrible on names, I don't recall many. [I won't mention names, as I'm sure to leave some out. Nice meeting all of you.]

There were probably ~30 sellers (members) there today, some came and went and others filled in during the 6 hours we were there.

Had some folks interested in my Kel-Tec Sub 2000 and Walther P22, but none with cash in hand. [frown] Had a very serious person interested in my Taurus PT-111 (it was a LE purchase just before the 1st List was published) . . . from what I could determine there aren't more than a few handfuls of them in the state!

Some interesting items that people had for sale:

- Beretta 96 all SS, went for $400! (sold)
- Ruger Buntline 10.5" .22Mag (he lost the .22LR cylinder in numerous moves) with holster/belt for $200.
- Remington 11-87, looked to be 28 or 30" bbl with 4 or 5 chokes. Didn't ask price.
- Two MEC 650 12ga presses.
- .44Mag RCBS Carbide die set for $10!!
- Decent looking (European) pellet rifle for $80.
- Lots of ammo, some oddball stuff (e.g. 7.5 xxx-don't recall variety).
- Lots of .22LR kits for AR15s.
- Couple of AR15 uppers (new).
- Lots of bullet heads, powder, some odd cases, etc.
- Some nice target pistols, some went for good prices.
- I got an excellent deal on some books by Pat Sweeney (1911 and Gunsmithing) plus an authoritative book on High Standard ($30 for all 3).

I'll think of more later.

At the end, the guys in the kitchen cooked up a venison burger, very good. Someone brought in home-made sausages, yummy. And there was some other game meat that might have been a moose burger . . . Bullwinkle tasted good too. None of this was food that was sold, just some of the cooks doing some stuff that some of the "regulars" got to taste before shutting down for the day.

wchandler said:
LenS - You still trying to sell your PT-111. If so, how much? Also, can you post pic?

I haven't "officially" put it up for sale . . . yet.

I've decided to get a G23, but still have two issues:

- $ - need to sell one/both of the other guns first to fund the G23, and
- Concern about the Glock warranty treatment of MA residents. When this is resolved satisfactorily (hopefully Jon Green, Rob Boudrie and Darius will be addressing this shortly), I'll hopefully be ready to make a move on this. Currently (according to Glock) even LEOs have to go thru a hassle to get any defective frames replaced (if the need were ever to arise).

I put a flier out at the Swap Meet with a price and description and had one person seriously interested.

If/when things come together, I owe him first dibs (we swapped contact info). If that doesn't work out, then I'll post it here in Classifieds.

LenS said:
Well, there were a bunch of NES'rs that I met today . . . and since I'm terrible on names, I don't recall many. [I won't mention names, as I'm sure to leave some out. Nice meeting all of you.]

There were probably ~30 sellers (members) there today, some came and went and others filled in during the 6 hours we were there.

Had some folks interested in my Kel-Tec Sub 2000 and Walther P22, but none with cash in hand. [frown] Had a very serious person interested in my Taurus PT-111 (it was a LE purchase just before the 1st List was published) . . . from what I could determine there aren't more than a few handfuls of them in the state!

Some interesting items that people had for sale:

- Beretta 96 all SS, went for $400! (sold)
- Ruger Buntline 10.5" .22Mag (he lost the .22LR cylinder in numerous moves) with holster/belt for $200.
- Remington 11-87, looked to be 28 or 30" bbl with 4 or 5 chokes. Didn't ask price.
- Two MEC 650 12ga presses.
- .44Mag RCBS Carbide die set for $10!!
- Decent looking (European) pellet rifle for $80.
- Lots of ammo, some oddball stuff (e.g. 7.5 xxx-don't recall variety).
- Lots of .22LR kits for AR15s.
- Couple of AR15 uppers (new).
- Lots of bullet heads, powder, some odd cases, etc.
- Some nice target pistols, some went for good prices.
- I got an excellent deal on some books by Pat Sweeney (1911 and Gunsmithing) plus an authoritative book on High Standard ($30 for all 3).

I'll think of more later.

At the end, the guys in the kitchen cooked up a venison burger, very good. Someone brought in home-made sausages, yummy. And there was some other game meat that might have been a moose burger . . . Bullwinkle tasted good too. None of this was food that was sold, just some of the cooks doing some stuff that some of the "regulars" got to taste before shutting down for the day.

I was down there and missed you. When you finally got back to the table
there were any number of people around so it wasn't going to be easy to
say hello....

Next time for sure.

I saw that Ruger and if I wasn't so tapped out it would have been gone. I
was looking for some .32 H&R mag ammo or brass. None to be seen.
Otherwise I thought it was a pretty good turnout when I was there (around
11:30 - 12:15).

TBP

Back
Top Bottom