Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club

I recently signed up for the orientation for BRPC and noticed that they had to split the orientation into 2 days. My question is, is there a over crowded problem I should be worried about?

Nope. Its easier to manage the classes in smaller sizes. I had the same thing for my orientation. I think there was about 50-60 people for the day I was there. I haven't been to the range in a few weeks, but last I went there was no issue finding a lane on the indoor range (I had gone around 6 at night)

I've read I can get a memership for my spouse for an extra $25.00 a year. I couldn't find any info about it on BR&P web site. Any idea how I add that? Is there a form to fill out and send in? Also do we get a second badge/keypass? Thanks.

I've read I can get a memership for my spouse for an extra $25.00 a year. I couldn't find any info about it on BR&P web site. Any idea how I add that? Is there a form to fill out and send in? Also do we get a second badge/keypass? Thanks.

you should be asking BRP these questions not NES, call 781-356-6323 ask for the range officer and they will get you going in the right direction

Thanks, I've tried calling over there a few diff times on a few diff days, nobody ever picked up. I assumed their office hours were very limited. I'm sure there's someone here that has done it and can provide some general information . . .

Last edited:

She fills out a membership app and notes it as Spouse Member, attends new member orientation and pays the additional $25.00. NO initiation fee required. Yes, she gets all rights and privileges EXCEPT voting (big whoop).

you should be asking BRP these questions not NES, call 781-356-6323 ask for the range officer and they will get you going in the right direction

As a BR&P RO, not my job, sorry. He can just send Email and he'll get a response pretty much the same as I noted above. The ONLY reason I know about this is because I've read the website and my Wife is a Spouse Member.

Thanks, I've tried calling over there a few diff times on a few diff days, nobody ever picked up. I assumed their office hours were very limited. I'm sure there's someone here that has done it and can provide some general information . . .

Yes, they are only up there some Sunday mornings and just before the general membership meetings (2nd Monday).

See above for info from personal experience.

She fills out a membership app and notes it as Spouse Member, attends new member orientation and pays the additional $25.00. NO initiation fee required. Yes, she gets all rights and privileges EXCEPT voting (big whoop).

As a BR&P RO, not my job, sorry. He can just send Email and he'll get a response pretty much the same as I noted above. The ONLY reason I know about this is because I've read the website and my Wife is a Spouse Member.

Yes, they are only up there some Sunday mornings and just before the general membership meetings (2nd Monday).

See above for info from personal experience.

Thanks Lens.

Went to the range sunday, around noon. No issues finding a lane outdoors for pistol, plinking and the rifle ranges. Hopefully that sets your mind at ease as far as 'overcrowding' goes

There are a lot of people that join just because some towns, like Boston, require them to belong to a club in order to get an LTC. So many of the people at the orientations may never return.

There are a lot of people that join just because some towns, like Boston, require them to belong to a club in order to get an LTC. So many of the people at the orientations may never return.

You can take Boston of that list.

Nope. Its easier to manage the classes in smaller sizes. I had the same thing for my orientation. I think there was about 50-60 people for the day I was there. I haven't been to the range in a few weeks, but last I went there was no issue finding a lane on the indoor range (I had gone around 6 at night)

I've never had a problem finding a lane indoors or outdoors, even on a weekend. I took the last station at the rifle range a couple weekends ago, but the lanes turned over, nobody had to wait, and there were only 2 other guys there when I finally left.

My fiancee has been waiting to get her LTC (she be approved in June) but the guy from BRPC she has been talking to about scheduling New Members Orientation seems to be pushing her on getting her own membership. Are they getting a taste of all this money from the high new member rate, and becoming greedy?? Starting to make me look into new clubs for next year..

OK, Spouse membership is NOT available to "fiancées", sorry. IIRC this was checked into when Nicole was engaged to Adam and it was a no-go. Once the two of you are married (no, they don't ask for a marriage certificate), then she can get the cheaper membership.

That must be why she's being told that. Believe me, BR&P is no need of money . . . they probably have more money in the bank than all the other clubs in MA (perhaps 1 or 2 exceptions) put together.

ETA: If you are getting married shortly, just bring her as a guest until you are married or book her for the new member orientation for a date AFTER the wedding.

I've never had a problem finding a lane indoors or outdoors, even on a weekend. I took the last station at the rifle range a couple weekends ago, but the lanes turned over, nobody had to wait, and there were only 2 other guys there when I finally left.
I am curious about hours say between 5-7 pm....I would probably be going after work. Do you know if it is a problem during those hours on weekdays ?

I am curious about hours say between 5-7 pm....I would probably be going after work. Do you know if it is a problem during those hours on weekdays ?

Indoors no problem unless there is a team (pistol? or juniors-Friday nights?) there, but that would be closer to 7PM.

Outdoors, as long as an RO is present. I understand that there may not be any ROs on duty Thursday afternoons so best to try calling clubhouse (NOT office number) and asking before venturing out.

Warning: Indoor ranges get hotter than hell in Summer. I was there with another NES'r/BR&P member today and a quick walk-thru and we decided on outdoor shooting (always my preference anyway).

i believe(dont quote me) that someone is usually in the office sunday mornings....Im sure lenS will know for sure and will prob correct me if I am wrong

i believe(dont quote me) that someone is usually in the office sunday mornings....Im sure lenS will know for sure and will prob correct me if I am wrong

Probably true, but not certain in the Summer.

Definitely there before each BOD meeting (1st Monday) and Members meeting (2nd Monday).

Edit:
Thanks for the tip, maybe I'll just swing by on Sunday morning then.

Thanks guys

Edit 2, for the record: Paul Costello is the gentleman that handles the badges at BRP. You can easily harvest his email from the BRP site. Not gonna post it here for possible spambot reasons. Don Kusser, the VP of the club pointed me in the correct direction.
They both went well out of their way to help me out, and both gave me their personal phone numbers, just in case I had a problem. Great guys!

Last edited:
I visited the Braintree club for the first time today. Nice facilities, nice people.
Shouldn't a club with 4,000 members be able to afford air-conditioning?

Where?

New clubhouse is air conditioned. If it isn't working properly an officer must be told and they will get it fixed. The old clubhouse, I'm unsure if A/C was installed or not when the renovations were done. I suspect not.

The indoor ranges can't be air conditioned as the HEPA system dumps clean air such that many times/hour all the air is changed and running A/C and then dumping it outside would raise operating costs thru the roof. So in the summer I find the indoor ranges intolerable personally and do all shooting outdoors.

I bought a HD shot gun and wanted to use at the range. I looked through the handbook and I'm can only pattern my gun at trap area while I'm with someone. Am I suppose to get a range officer to watch me? what stands should I use?

After I attend a new member orientation, do I become a member right away or do they conduct background checks and get back to you if your accepted or denied?

After I attend a new member orientation, do I become a member right away or do they conduct background checks and get back to you if your accepted or denied?

If you have your LTC or FID you get your badge at the end of the meeting. I have found this to be a great club . indoor pistol, trap, archery, outdoor pistol, rifle, plinking, I have never been able not to get a spot indoors or outdoors. Check the webpage for SAS or Jr's on Friday night so you don't drive over there and be disappointed you couldn't use the facilities. Wednesday nights outdoor rifle range you will usually find me with my mosin for an hour or so come over and say hello Saturday morning I like trap or indoors at the old club house. If you see my Jeep you will see the NES sticker on it.

Heads up for members:

The Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company Shoot will be taking place this Saturday, September 7, 2013 . All outdoor ranges will be closed until 2 PM.

The new indoor range will be open to members all day.

Back
Top Bottom