Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club

Even if it costs more,
a open bidding system is probably better. Executive BOD is handling large sums of money and all effort should be taken to avoid even the appearance of impropriety when it comes to the use of funds.
I was not referring to "competitive bidding", but the fact that certain types of projects cost vastly more when done by a "bid professional" instead of "qualified club member charging only for parts".

If you are bidding cameras or access control, there is FAR more to consider than the bid price.

You should have said "hi". I was at the back wall nearest the Ladies Room. Over by the door someone was selling lots of pistol primers (1K = $15.00)!

Not many folks showed up but we had another event in Weymouth to attend after 12PM so we hung in there until about 12. Huge waste of my time I'm afraid.

Len, I did chat with you for a bit but didn't realize it was you I'm afraid. We were talking about the 22 mag loaders you had for sale. I asked about loading the 10/22 banana mags.

Anyway, good luck with the move. Take care.
I remember that conversation. I guess you didn't see the business cards and put two and two together. Thanks.

Hi all, I was at the range today and saw a for sale sign for a Sig p320 x5. After some thought, could someone pm me a pic of the ad if they can. I'm starting to think about it... Thanks in advance!

Can anyone confirm if the newer indoor range is open?

I went a few Fridays ago and it was under construction, I believe to install a new backstop.

Was just on BRP.org and couldn't find a word about it. How is there not a range news/updates section on that website?! Or am I just missing it?..

You should sign up for the email updates..
NOTICE

RANGE UPDATE
9/1/2018

MESSAGE FROM THE BRAINTREE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB

Ranges

The new backstops have been installed and the new (larger) range is now open. The older (smaller) range will be open soon. Target carrier cables in the older range are being replaced and one last plate needs to be installed.

Rules of the indoor ranges remain the same. Targets must be placed at or beyond the yellow, minimum distance line. Handguns in handgun calibers and 22 rimfire rifles ONLY are to be used. The use of any other firearm or ammunition will result in immediate dismissal from the club.

Targets in the new range must be hung from the paper/cardboard/plastic holder. NO target is to be attached directly to the metal carrier

You should sign up for the email updates..
NOTICE

RANGE UPDATE
9/1/2018

MESSAGE FROM THE BRAINTREE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB

Ranges

The new backstops have been installed and the new (larger) range is now open. The older (smaller) range will be open soon. Target carrier cables in the older range are being replaced and one last plate needs to be installed.

Rules of the indoor ranges remain the same. Targets must be placed at or beyond the yellow, minimum distance line. Handguns in handgun calibers and 22 rimfire rifles ONLY are to be used. The use of any other firearm or ammunition will result in immediate dismissal from the club.

Targets in the new range must be hung from the paper/cardboard/plastic holder. NO target is to be attached directly to the metal carrier

Thanks! And yes I should. I was actually going to a few mins ago when I was on the site, but the instructions were clear that one needs their badge number to sign up and my badge is all the way out in my truck.
So
Far
Away.

I kid; I will sign up tonight.

I reviewed the rules and couldn't find anything about shooting prone at the outdoor ranges. I did an Appleseed event and would like to continue practicing prone, seated, and standing with my 10/22 and a sling. No movements or anything, just positional practicing. I usually do 25 yards at the Middle Range.

I reviewed the rules and couldn't find anything about shooting prone at the outdoor ranges. I did an Appleseed event and would like to continue practicing prone, seated, and standing with my 10/22 and a sling. No movements or anything, just positional practicing. I usually do 25 yards at the Middle Range.
I have shot prone and seen other people do so, I think it's fine

I shoot prone at the outdoor range regularly and have explicitly clarified with the RO that it is allowed. As long as you keep your rifle pointed down range and stay within the firing lines, you'll be ok. Slinging up is a bit difficult because you need to keep the muzzle down. I hope you have a shooting mat as the concrete is fairly rough and will chew up your rifle stocks. I tend to only do this slow days as it's a tight fit with the shooting benches if there are other shooters present. Expect to have hot brass land on you if someone is in the next station.

I lost my badge. What's the process for replacing it? I tried calling and emailing and have yet to hear back... And I can't get through the gate because I don't have the badge... Any suggestions ?

I would try to show up on a Sunday morning. Usually a lot of club officers there then. Especially during the one Sunday per month when they hold new member orientation.

I am looking to try clay for my first time, but don't have a shotgun. Would love to meet some other members at a clay shooting day and try out a few shotguns if possible. Never even shot a shot gun! I will pay for ammo as well. Please PM me or reply here. I would love to try a few guns over the next few months and hopefully buy something to be more regular next year. (Buying a house in October so I need to be smart with the money until then).

I left 3 9mm 1911 9 round magazines on the 25 yard outdoor pistol range. Colt and Mecgar brand. No base plate. Contact me via PM. Already
reached out to Joe Norman. Throw 50 rounds of 9mm your way if returned. Thanks

I left 3 9mm 1911 9 round magazines on the 25 yard outdoor pistol range. Colt and Mecgar brand. No base plate. Contact me via PM. Already
reached out to Joe Norman. Throw 50 rounds of 9mm your way if returned. Thanks
Did you post on the bulletin board in the clubhouse?

What is up, everybody? I'm attending orientation on Sunday! I'm new to the hobby, but am looking forward to spending lots of time at the range.

Good question. The 'No Guests' signs are still up everywhere, and every time I go the place is a ghost town.

Might want to send the club a message using the form.

Good question. The 'No Guests' signs are still up everywhere, and every time I go the place is a ghost town.

Might want to send the club a message using the form.

Not anytime soon from what I saw. I just signed for Mass Rifle Association and got my membership. Recommend them if you need a range in the mean time.

Not anytime soon from what I saw. I just signed for Mass Rifle Association and got my membership. Recommend them if you need a range in the mean time.

Really? You got in MRA that quick? Years ago, when I lived in MA, there was a wait list and all.

Both clubs are great. I was a member of both and miss the clubs and the people very much. Enjoy! Stay safe.

Really? You got in MRA that quick? Years ago, when I lived in MA, there was a wait list and all.

Both clubs are great. I was a member of both and miss the clubs and the people very much. Enjoy! Stay safe.

Yeah I go to both ranges since I have more flexibility for the type of shooting I do. Love both. MRA was doing smaller groups of like 6 people due to covid. But fairly quick. Thank you. Stay safe!

Given the size of the past new member orientations (70-100 people each time), I wouldn't expect BR&P to start that back up until Faker declares the pandemic over. I'm no longer a member, so this is just my speculation based on past history.

Given the size of the past new member orientations (70-100 people each time), I wouldn't expect BR&P to start that back up until Faker declares the pandemic over. I'm no longer a member, so this is just my speculation based on past history.
Did you move away Len? I remember you always had good insight on BRP

Did you move away Len? I remember you always had good insight on BRP
Yes, we bought a house in NH and are spending almost all our time here since my Wife retired in January. As soon as Eversource allows their subcontractors to do the NHSaves stuff, I'll be calling the movers to empty the MA house and put it on the market. So my Wife and I both resigned from BR&P in January 2019 thinking we'd be out of MA much earlier than we are. I'm still a member at Mansfield F&G and joined Londonderry F&G as well.

Back
Top Bottom