Brand new 300AAC pistol build; FTE

Like the title says I just took my 300 BLK pistol out and every few rounds,sometimes back to back, I'm getting a failure to eject.
Parts: 10.5" Radical barreled upper
Anderson lower and LPK
LBE carbine buffer, spring and tube.
Anderson BCG and CH.

Only 30 rounds so far of Czech 300 AAC, 124gr.
Other symptoms, bolt would not lock back after empty mag and was difficult to make lock to the rear manually.

What I've done so far:
Polished extractor and placed silicone o-ring around extractor spring. Polished bolt catch to allow bolt to slide over easier on the way to the rear.

Anyway thank you for any assistance anyone can provide,

Last edited:
sounds undergassed. what kind of gas system does it have? i'm assuming it's a pistol system? if you're not sure i would measure it because you'd be amazed how many dumbass manufacturers are using 5.56 based gas concepts on 300 blackout (e.g. carbine or even mid length gas systems).

carbine spring may be too stiff believe it or not. i've switched to the nemo spring which makes huge improvement:

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...blackout-carbine-buffer-spring-prod56149.aspx

if you've only tried one ammo type, i would say this should be your first thing to experiment with. loadings are all over the place. i've found remington 120gr is pretty stout and good for testing rifle setup.

honestly in general the world of 300 blackout is all over the place. manufacturers' gas configurations, weights, springs, etc, it's just all over the map so there's no standardization. i think Noveske has it figured out the best. when it comes to 300 blackout for example, even BCM is clueless.

I would try a different BCG if you can. Anderson cranks out A lot of parts so they QC might not be the best so maybe it's out of spec. Or as squib suggested the spring/buffer. I have a radical 8.5" pistol gas length and its cycled 100%. Running a regular carbine spring and buffer.

- - - Updated - - -

I would try a different BCG if you can. Anderson cranks out A lot of parts so they QC might not be the best so maybe it's out of spec. Or as squib suggested the spring/buffer. I have a radical 8.5" pistol gas length and its cycled 100%. Running a regular carbine spring and buffer.

Ok thanks for the info guys.
Gas system is pistol length BTW and I think my next move will be the Nemo spring. I'm gonna hold off for now and see what happens when I take it out again (this week hopefully)

Ok thanks for the info guys.
Gas system is pistol length BTW and I think my next move will be the Nemo spring. I'm gonna hold off for now and see what happens when I take it out again (this week hopefully)

if you've only run one ammo type, I would try some other factor supersonic ammo before concluding anything. if it's still not cycling on supersonic UMC (or whatever equivalent type of ammo) then i would go w the nemo spring.

KJ
I'm set up to load 300 BO so save the brass. If you find some ammo that works we can try to duplicate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom