Brand new AR feeding issues. *problem solved*

IMAG0710.jpg

From this picture it looks like there is a step between the barrel and upper feed ramp on the left side.

Brian

Yeah a little Dremel work ought to fix that! I had a similar issue once and panicking the edges off the ramps helped my issue turned out to be over gasing but this was also an issue! rounds were getting pretty marked up! How do your rounds look after being chambered from the left side?

Is the charging handle dragging at all on the upper? Take the carrier and charging handle out and take a look if it's worn down. That happened to me on an upper i built.

Glad you found the problem. I had almost the exact same issues with my newly built AR about a year ago. I tried everything I could think of, including sending it back to the manufacturer, before handing it off to a line of very distinguished and knowledgeable people from NES. It finally (and thankfully) made it into the hands of Massmark, who found that the upper had too thick of a coating on the interior. A little 3M Scotchbrite and it was off to the races. Any other issues I've had to date are operator induced.

I am having the same problem with a brand new Stag Arms Model 8 and hope that this thread will help solve my issues. Shot it a bunch this weekend and had to re-jack every other round.....more than annoying when shooting 300 rounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am having the same problem with a brand new Stag Arms Model 8 and hope that this thread will help solve my issues. Shot it a bunch this weekend and had to re-jack every other round.....more than annoying when shooting 300 rounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope my woes help you out

after i filed the ramps and retested with a full mag every round fed fine, im actually taking mine out agian this weekend so hopefully it doesnt act up with live fire

btw if you have amazon prime these are the needle files i picked up
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SP0JKS/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details?tag=amaz98-20

hope my woes help you out

after i filed the ramps and retested with a full mag every round fed fine, im actually taking mine out agian this weekend so hopefully it doesnt act up with live fire

btw if you have amazon prime these are the needle files i picked up
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SP0JKS/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details?tag=amaz98-20

Yes, your woes helped me tremendously!!!!
! Bought a similar file set on Friday from Lowes and worked on the gun this weekend. Couldn't get a single round to feed from the left side of the magazine and every other round from the right would hang up in the ramps. Today I cycled over 100 rounds through the gun in the woods by my house and not a single issue.......THANK YOU!!!!! You would think that Stag would check this out before putting a gun on the shelf?????

If you ever need a place to shoot, let me know and you can join me in Taunton [grin]

Yes, your woes helped me tremendously!!!!
! Bought a similar file set on Friday from Lowes and worked on the gun this weekend. Couldn't get a single round to feed from the left side of the magazine and every other round from the right would hang up in the ramps. Today I cycled over 100 rounds through the gun in the woods by my house and not a single issue.......THANK YOU!!!!! You would think that Stag would check this out before putting a gun on the shelf?????

If you ever need a place to shoot, let me know and you can join me in Taunton [grin]

every time an ar is fixed an angel gets its wings...[laugh]

and yeah thats strange that a off the shelf gun had the same problem as my mismatched franken gun

every time an ar is fixed an angel gets its wings...[laugh]

and yeah thats strange that a off the shelf gun had the same problem as my mismatched franken gun

The Angels SANG today! Shot my Stag today, after sighting in the new Vortex red dot it is sporting I fired over 300 rounds through it today. Purposely rapid fired 5 clips through it as fast as I could possible pull the trigger and not a single issue....I love the gun now and can't wait until my second one is finished next week. [smile]

Just want to give this thread a bump with a similar problem, and ask for some assistance. Having a tough time with a recent build, so I'm looking for ideas. Having to re rack almost every round.bullets are getting hung up on feed ramp area. When they do make it into chamber, I can see a good amount of copper sheared off the bullet by the feed ramp, and bullets come out with scratches on them. Also, when clambering using charging handle, if I chamber even a wee bit gently, it will get hung up. I know it's proper tactics to let it rack with full force, but all other ARs I've handled have never got hung up by doing this. Any suggestions. I suspect the lower may be too low, and the mag isn't reaching the height the upper was designed for. It's a custom build, so it's a mutt. Ay and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated

ETA: parts list for those interested
remsport upper
troy bolt assembly
daniel defense barrel
roggio arsenal lower ( I know, bad reviews, but it's what I've got)
different magazines
dmps lpk

Last edited:
Pics:
feed ramp, and position of everything when the jam occurs.
sorry about the upside down pics. Stupid ipad wont position them correctly

The issue is occuring leaving the mag from what i can see. A lot of the times if you don't release the charging handle completely and Let It Slam , when you have a magazine filled to capacity, the spring has too much tension on it and throws the round in there weird. Hence why the last 15 or 20 of yours ran flawlessly. Somebody in the comments mention that there's did this and after about a thousand rounds it fixed itself, that's because the spring was broke in after that thousand rounds

The issue is occuring leaving the mag from what i can see. A lot of the times if you don't release the charging handle completely and Let It Slam , when you have a magazine filled to capacity, the spring has too much tension on it and throws the round in there weird. Hence why the last 15 or 20 of yours ran flawlessly. Somebody in the comments mention that there's did this and after about a thousand rounds it fixed itself, that's because the spring was broke in after that thousand rounds
I think he retired and moved to Florida since that post 😂

Back
Top Bottom