• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Brand new factory ammo rusted and corroded.

What a disappointment today... bought some 7.62x51 Federal Ammo (220 ammo can) and the cases are all corroded and rusted. Worst ammo I have seen in a long time. Store said I could exchange it so whatever but such a hassle.

Where did you buy it from? Could be a result of being really old stock, improper storage or can was opened before and moisture got in.

Well Cabelas did not take it back/exchange it... didnt even look at it... basically told me tough crap and i had to go to the MFG for return.

Did they say why they won't take it back? The MFG isn't the one that sold it, they did, and they should take it back. I'd be calling my credit card company and doing a chargeback for the item.

I guess you have to open that shit at the store then. Is that for a commie gun? They like that.

Most ammunition manufacturers are pretty good about this sort of thing. It's too bad Cabela's didn't make it right, I doubt the ammo left the factory looking that way.

I bought 3 boxes of American Eagle (Federal) 50BMG this summer from Cabella's and there was a good amount of pitting and corrosion on the cases. I didn't bother contacting Cabella's and went straight to Federal. Sent them some pics, they sent me a prepaid return label to sent it back. Got a check from them a week later.

Try contacting Federal direct if you haven't already.

Back
Top Bottom