• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

breaching weapons

Hey guys, just wondering what your preferences are on breaching weapons namely in regards to an AR15. I am about to build an AR with that idea in mind and if it does work how I hope it does I can offer local LEOs to build for them without all the padding for profit giving them a better purpose built gun without the same cost.

So far from an essential standpoint I have decided that while the AR is a good platform and many places are switching to them most places are switching to a standard AR which has plenty of benefits, but also has disadvantages that can be corrected. One is length, while a longer length is great for accuracy at longer range, when clearing rooms you don't need accuracy at 500 yards, and a shorter length can give plenty of accuracy for most breaching situations and make moving through tight areas easier while keeping a weapon trained. Another is weight, an AR is not so heavy it can't be controled but lighter means quicker to train on a target and less fatigue because let's face it there's already a ton of gear already doing that.

So a shorter lightweight AR is the base of this build, so what I would like to know is what else should I be thinking about and are there any other things that would be worthwhile to include as well. I have considered a suppressor, but not sure it would matter by the time there is a breach or if there would be enough times it could be used to make it a worthwhile part of the gun. What other components would be useful in situations like that, what else would you like access to without removing your hands from your weapon?

Before anyone says it, yes I am following all laws in regards to this build, I will not start the build until I have tax stamp(s) in hand, but the more I know now the more I will be able to apply for what I need to and research how to make any other ideas work that anyone comes up with. Any input would be great, thanks for your time.

It has been brought to my attention the word choice may create some confusion, I am asking about entry guns, breeching is more of the scenario I was thinking but this is more for clearing rooms than actual breeching. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

I see a lot of replicas being made, seems like they simply took an M4 with a shorter length which of course reduced weight too. Similar idea as I am looking at, though if I am looking at this right, what I am looking to build should be much lighter. Being it was built for same basic idea is a good start, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom