• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Breaking: 7/3/20: - 5:00 pm = South Shore Plaza Mall Shooting

This is an example if why one should always carry a gun that has been cleaned since the last use. It doesn't take a high score on the detective's examine fo a cop to tell the gun has not been recently fired.
You just sniff the bore like they do in the movies. Jack.

Did they say "H SOPS 1" or just "SOPS 1"? They don't use Troop SOPS channels any more and I think what used to be "H SOPS 1" is one of the statewide SOPS channels now. It's kind of random which SOPS channel they pick, depending on who else has something going on.

33360SOPS 1
33488SOPS 2
33680SOPS 3
33712SOPS 4
33872SOPS 5
33904SOPS 6
34096SOPS 7
34128SOPS 8

35472 is the Airwing, although it's labeled "STATEWIDE".

Most of the action was on Braintree PD, which you weren't going to receive if you were north of Boston.

I was listening to H Patrol 2 when the fun started.
Once they got coordinated, all units on scene switched over to H SOPS 1, which I don't have in my scanner, so I couldn't hear the action to the end.

South Shore Plaza in Braintree on lockdown, police investigating shooting

NEWS
by: Nancy Asiamah
Posted: Jul 3, 2020 / 05:19 PM EDT / Updated: Jul 3, 2020 / 05:26 PM EDT

BRAINTREE, Mass. (WWLP) – The South Shore Plaza in Braintree is currently on lockdown Thursday due to police activity, according to police.

News 7 in Boston is reporting that the shopping plaza has been locked down due to a shooting.

The Braintree Police Department is asking everyone at the mall to “remain in your store until cleared by police. People are being advised to avoid the area.

The South Shore Plaza is located at 250 Granite Street. Stores at the plaza include Nordstrom, DSW, Target, and many others.

This is developing breaking news. 22News will bring you the latest when we learn more.

Eff that. Find an emergency exit in the store itself and bail the hell out.

Defund the police, we don't need them. Hundreds of people in an enclosed area, what could go wrong? I think the person(s) who called the police for help should be brought up on charges for disturbing the peace, disrupting the flow of commerce, etc.
Let's just add S.S. Plaza to the NO GO list. Dedham Mall, Westgate Mall, almost the entire City of Brockton, Silver City Galleria, other parts of Taunton, parts of Stoughton, Randolph (especially the movie theater), now parts of Braintree, and the usual Murderpan, Roxbury, parts of Dorchester, and Hyde Park are avoided. Soon, there will be no place for a civilized society to go. Maybe all the malls should be retrofitted into prisons instead of being torn down.
I wouldn’t worry. I don’t think these malls are going to survive the economic shifting tides the flu brought us. I predict a for sale sign on most of them. Will be turned into projects.

Did they say "H SOPS 1" or just "SOPS 1"? They don't use Troop SOPS channels any more and I think what used to be "H SOPS 1" is one of the statewide SOPS channels now. It's kind of random which SOPS channel they pick, depending on who else has something going on.

33360SOPS 1
33488SOPS 2
33680SOPS 3
33712SOPS 4
33872SOPS 5
33904SOPS 6
34096SOPS 7
34128SOPS 8

35472 is the Airwing, although it's labeled "STATEWIDE".

Most of the action was on Braintree PD, which you weren't going to receive if you were north of Boston.

They said "SOPS 1".
My scanner isn't a "scanner" per se, it's really an old Motorola GTX 800 mobile that was programmed a long time ago. The display only shows a single number and letter, I need to reference a printout of the code plug data to know what is what. Also, in Moto language, the talk group is expressed in four digits, not five. I'd have to multiply by 16 to get the five digit code that's used in a frequency agile scanner. (2085 = 33360)

Garys,
I do have a SOPS 2H TG 34352 . It was probably some old programming. The TG 34352 wasn't active at the mall. I have looked through all the Ma St. Police TG's and don't see a TG 34352.

All I can say is BLM.
Yup, the greatest threat to a young Black man is another young Black man not a white Cop. Doesn't fit the narrative thou. I drove thru Concord,Ma. Thursday and you should have seen all the BLM signs on the lawns of the woke Mansions. I guess they're scared, Concord has to be the whitest town in America.

I wouldn’t worry. I don’t think these malls are going to survive the economic shifting tides the flu brought us. I predict a for sale sign on most of them. Will be turned into projects.
Natick Mall already has Wegmans for one of its anchor store (really cool escalator for the shopping carts), and a Dave and Busters is taking over at least part of one of the other anchors.

Malls must have to just about give away anchor slots as those make the difference between a dead mall and one that is at least partially viable. Projects? Probably not but perhaps Amazon distribution centers.

Some of the troop SOPS Talk Groups were repurposed, others were deactivated.

The problem being that if a TG is reassigned then every portable, mobile, and console has to be reprogrammed. Newer digital trunks seem to be able to do that using Over The Air Reprogamming (OTAR), but analog MSP trunk can't. At least as far as I know.

Garys,
I do have a SOPS 2H TG 34352 . It was probably some old programming. The TG 34352 wasn't active at the mall. I have looked through all the Ma St. Police TG's and don't see a TG 34352.

Natick Mall already has Wegmans for one of its anchor store (really cool escalator for the shopping carts), and a Dave and Busters is taking over at least part of one of the other anchors.

Malls must have to just about give away anchor slots as those make the difference between a dead mall and one that is at least partially viable. Projects? Probably not but perhaps Amazon distribution centers.
projects was sarcasm. More like residential mixed with light commercial. Macys is on life support. The only thing of value in the Braintree mall is Target. And I don’t know about restaurants being an anchor. Not until a proven vaccine is available and we can go back to packing them in like they used to. I mean do you ever see the Cheesecake Factory in the Braintree mall going back to a one hour minimum wait for a table inside again?

projects was sarcasm. More like residential mixed with light commercial. Macys is on life support. The only thing of value in the Braintree mall is Target. And I don’t know about restaurants being an anchor. Not until a proven vaccine is available and we can go back to packing them in like they used to. I mean do you ever see the Cheesecake Factory in the Braintree mall going back to a one hour minimum wait for a table inside again?
They put up a big condo complex at the Natick Mall - connects directly to the mall. Besides being luxury condos in the middle of a dense shopping district, the condoo fees alone are horrendous - something like $800 per month.

Perps and associates

Attachments

• BA7C9816-426D-462B-8DD2-1B0BB99A9117.jpeg
    BA7C9816-426D-462B-8DD2-1B0BB99A9117.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 56F309CE-22E8-420A-8D5C-94C28E3DB0C9.jpeg
    56F309CE-22E8-420A-8D5C-94C28E3DB0C9.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 10
21 yr old Jose Rodriguez was charged with assault to murder,assault and battery to murder, assault and battery by discharge of a firearm, etc. 15 yr old bystander was shot and suffered non-life threatening injuries. Nothing to see here, just normal behavior by the oppressed minorities.

Wait a minute isn't that Mall, a Simon owned Mall? Yeah it is, and they have signs on all the entrances saying that guns are not allowed in their Malls. So this just couldn't have happen as there are no guns there. So Simon Malls how are those signs doing??

21 yr old Jose Rodriguez was charged with assault to murder,assault and battery to murder, assault and battery by discharge of a firearm, etc. 15 yr old bystander was shot and suffered non-life threatening injuries. Nothing to see here, just normal behavior by the oppressed minorities.
The real question is did they find the racist that called the police?

Ok that gave me a popsicle headache. If in my limited knowledge I’m reading that correctly that etf benefits from the closure of physical stores...correct?
Yes. I dont know the financial nuts and bolts of how it works, (probably long internet commerce stocks like Amazon and Ebay and short physical stores like Macy's and Target) but its basically a bet that internet commerce out performs brick and mortar stores. It will benefit if the financial instruments of physical stores lose value and the opposite is true for internet commerce.

Wait a minute isn't that Mall, a Simon owned Mall? Yeah it is, and they have signs on all the entrances saying that guns are not allowed in their Malls. So this just couldn't have happen as there are no guns there. So Simon Malls how are those signs doing??
I believe they say illegal guns.
My guns are not illegal. Their shoppers can not attest to that fact so in retrospect I don’t read anti2A.

I learned to drive in my very early digits in that parking lot when the place was open air then converting over to covered.
I really was thinking this will suck!!! How funny is that?
Grandmothers house was at 102 Common St.

Have any of you been to SSM in the last five years? You might be one of the few English speakers. Not that that is bad. Lots of upper middle class first-gens shop there.

Back
Top Bottom