Breaking News: Gov. Patrick's Bill Stalled - UPDATE POST 193

This is good on it's face value but it needs to be voted on and denounced for the Anti-2A crap that it is. IMHO.

No, the last thing we want is for this to go to the floor of either the House or the Senate. It's much better for a bill to die early, even before it's assigned to a committee. The next best thing is for it to be sent to a study.

If we are going to be effective in opposing these bills, we need to learn the process. That's what Jim Wallace does and it's what anyone who wants to be effective has to do.

My contention is that the whole bill is not getting enough attention. I fear that the ignorance that is prevalent in MA today is almost too much to surmount with satisfaction of dying bills.
Far too many people that I have spoken with or written to had no idea about the difference between this bill and the president's PR show.

If this dies will all the people that are up in arms going to maintain the same momentum? I truly pray that they do.
Together all 2A supporters could affect the same outcome of future bills as this one.
BUT what scares me is that a bill 'from out of thin air' gets more support before we get a chance to see it.

Obviously the past couple of weeks of staunch PRO 2A support has helped with this bill but what if this was introduced without all the backlash of the president's stunt?

I fear the risk associated with bost possibilities.

This is good on it's face value but it needs to be voted on and denounced for the Anti-2A crap that it is. IMHO.

I think it being stalled in committees and never seeing the light of day is best.
When pushed, I would tend to believe that more would cave, rather than stand against it.

This is their easiest way to bury these bills without having to do anything publicly.

You know these guys have ways of attaching it to some other small bill and sneaking it in anyway!!!
Nothing would surprise me at all!!!!!!

I think it being stalled in committees and never seeing the light of day is best.
When pushed, I would tend to believe that more would cave, rather than stand against it.

This is their easiest way to bury these bills without having to do anything publicly.

I think you may be right. This is a way for the pols to 'save face' by never having to vote on it.

Don't worry, this is just one bill. There is at least one other that's been filed. There is far less threat of federal legislation than there is in a state like MA. We have a tougher row to hoe than those in most other states. Fewer gun owners, essentially one party governance, and a totally liberal press. Just because this one bill might fail only means that we have won one battle (maybe).

My contention is that the whole bill is not getting enough attention. I fear that the ignorance that is prevalent in MA today is almost too much to surmount with satisfaction of dying bills.
Far too many people that I have spoken with or written to had no idea about the difference between this bill and the president's PR show.

If this dies will all the people that are up in arms going to maintain the same momentum? I truly pray that they do.
Together all 2A supporters could affect the same outcome of future bills as this one.
BUT what scares me is that a bill 'from out of thin air' gets more support before we get a chance to see it.

Obviously the past couple of weeks of staunch PRO 2A support has helped with this bill but what if this was introduced without all the backlash of the president's stunt?

I fear the risk associated with bost possibilities.

This is the start. Like someone else mentioned, I hope that parts of this arent attached to other bills. This is good though. We need to keep up the pressure on this!!

i think not having to vote would be best for them, ya know just fold your

cards.

Great news! I agree now isn't the time to take a nap. We have mufflers for our cars, so can we somehow get surpressors legalized here? If the preposal was made and didn't pass as it most likely wouldn't, it would still put them on the defense instead of the attack.

So pretty much no one wanted to ball up and Call BS on the whole thing so they did the passive aggressive thing and let it wander off?

I didn't read anything in this thread yet. But for you guys in Mass:

picard-yes.jpg

Good stuff!!! We just need to keep fighting and maybe we can change gun policy in this state. And don't let our guard down , never let our guard down.

good to see some good news and things moving in the right direction. A breath of oxygen though I must say. I agree lets keep fighting and not let our guard down. I'll keep on writing letters too. Good work guys..... we all seem to have pulled together over the last few weeks and as tough as it has been to see the "dim and grim" threads of our rights being eroded, its awesome to see the group pull together as a unit. You guys are awesome.... lets keep on pushing and keep up the good fight. Saw a good article in the Greenfield recorder today (go figure.... ha ha :) ) from a fellow friend and LEO stating that he does not nor will he support any future gun bans or legeslation and reaching out to other LEOs to do the same.

Rob

My opinion, they are trying to see what happens with the New York bill when it gets enforced.
The problem with that, it could be tied up in litigation for years. They would let it die, only to try to reintroduce it at a later time. Maybe, if we can continue, we can get a change of guard, and not have to revisit it....I know, wishful thinknig...

Pass on the ruger.com site, with its blue "Take Action Now!" button.

It is easy for people to do, and can rack up the numbers. Give it to your clubs, and ask everyone to forward to everyone they know.

I wish they make up thier minds,I don't know if I should fill up the hole in the back yard yet.

I can not impress on you the value of a face to face visit at the State house, especially if your Senator or Rep is on our side. If you can't take the time off call. Send real mail with a stamp and be firm but polite.

Re: Breaking News: Gov. Patrick's Bill Stalled

Good but we just got started! CALL your reps and the Governor's office to let them know you aren't happy. Calls seem to be doing the most good. Then write letters and mail them. If we can get 10000 people to call it will make them think twice before moving ahead with this rubbish.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom