• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BREAKING NEWS: Taurus Curve Already Recalled?

BREAKING NEWS: Taurus Curve Already Recalled?

Got a couple of the new Taurus Curve pistols today. Before they arrived, someone from Taurus called us to tell them we couldn’t sell them, and had to send them back to the factory… due to issues they refused to discuss. - See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...mpaign=Weekly+Newsletter#sthash.fc9Rk3CZ.dpuf

No cal stamp....

Reds

"Exclusivity is for everyone. Try us! You'll find us refreshing."

OH JEEZ! The "I Hate Taurus (but never shot one) Crowd is going to go wild![rofl] Has to be a MAJOR manufacturing defect! [rolleyes]

If they recall the Curve, does that mean they actually sold some (or expect to)? I wouldn't be that optimistic if I was them.

In defense of what Taurus was back in 1990, I bought a PT92FS, it's been flawless. I wish I had been smart enough back then to buy more Taurus Stainless std cap mags for the gun - but I do have a good selection of aftermarket std caps.

I know since 2010 or so, their quality has had issues - but when they first came out - it was great.

lol. "We forgot to mark the caliber, shit sorry!" Now why would anyone buy a Taurus after hearing this?

OH JEEZ! The "I Hate Taurus (but never shot one) Crowd is going to go wild![rofl] Has to be a MAJOR manufacturing defect! [rolleyes]

If they forgot to stamp / engrave the caliber on the barrel, I might wonder what other steps of the manufacturing / production process might have been missed / goofed up.

And on cue...

If they recall the Curve, does that mean they actually sold some (or expect to)? I wouldn't be that optimistic if I was them.

They are giant steaming piles of turd. If ocean state job lots made guns they might be slightly better than Taurus 

Curves are great they fit snug to my hips. ...Said no one ever!

lol. "We forgot to mark the caliber, shit sorry!" Now why would anyone buy a Taurus after hearing this?

shit company recalls shit firearm, also, water is wet, news at 11.. [rofl]

If they forgot to stamp / engrave the caliber on the barrel, I might wonder what other steps of the manufacturing / production process might have been missed / goofed up.

An employee at one of the very large handgun manufactures told me an interesting story about a new handgun that was unintentionally sent (warranty replacement) without a serial number. They did manage to retrieve it and correct the problem.

I just got a shop stool with a wrong set of parts. Manufacturing mistakes happen with all sorts of products.

An employee at one of the very large handgun manufactures told me an interesting story about a new handgun that was unintentionally sent (warranty replacement) without a serial number. They did manage to retrieve it and correct the problem.

I just got a shop stool with a wrong set of parts. Manufacturing mistakes happen with all sorts of products.

I get one off mistakes. I've seen an S&W with the factory masking tape still on - have to wonder how that got boxed up.

An entire production run without a caliber marking? No one pulls a few off the line and runs through a checklist?

And this ain't a shop stool. I've had random hardware missing from different things. But guns are up there with brake and aircraft parts in my mind - high consequences to failure.

Many years ago there was a scandal at Kahr Arms were some shop foreman or something was dirty and there were some guns "going out the back door" without serial numbers on them at all. Needless to say eventually this was discovered and the guy got fired and prosecuted by the feds.

-Mike

Many years ago there was a scandal at Kahr Arms were some shop foreman or something was dirty and there were some guns "going out the back door" without serial numbers on them at all. Needless to say eventually this was discovered and the guy got fired and prosecuted by the feds.

There was a similar scandal up at SIG in Epping.

Wait... I never looked at the Curve enough other then the first looks of it, but does it actually have a pocket clip as an option?

I think this is the first time i seen a pistol with a pocket clip. Looks so extremely tacky. (granted i am new to the firearms world)

It does have a clip option you can use. There are a few other firearms that have the same ability. Not sure it is something I'd ever use, but you never know.

It does have a clip option you can use. There are a few other firearms that have the same ability. Not sure it is something I'd ever use, but you never know.

Kel-Tec has them also.

P32PF9.jpg

The caliber has to be marked on the barrel. That's an ATF rule. A minimum of .003 deep. They are in deep doodoo.

Back
Top Bottom