• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

****Breakjng**** Multiple People Shot in Winthrop MA

Looking at the Twitter breakdown. The whole scenario makes no sense. Unless the homeowner shot the dude driving the truck for hitting his house? Or was the driver targeted and drove into the building after being shot at?

The math doesn’t add up.

Winthrop Shooting, Truck in Building in Massachusetts​

There are reports of a bizarre incident in Winthrop, Massachusetts, in which shooting broke out after a truck ran into a building.

John M. Guilfoil, who performs public relations for police, wrote on Twitter, “We are confirming a mass casualty incident in Winthrop per @Winthroppolice. Very active scene at this time. @LeahCominsJGPR is headed to the scene to assist police, fire, and town government at this time.

“Crime scene is in the area of Shirley St and Veterans Road. Motorists are asked to avoid the area at this time and throughout the evening.”

A photographer who covers Massachusetts emergency responses wrote on Twitter, “UD Large Scale Incident Winthrop Ma. Reported fire arms recovered, (1) in custody. FD also reporting entrapment with the vehicle into the building-remains active at this time.”

The site added, “Winthrop Ma. Large Scale Incident-also reported truck into a building with some kind of collapse. Multi mutual aid FD’s/PD’s to scene.”

WMUR-TV’s Eric Weglarz wrote on Twitter, “Winthrop FD requesting all off-duty firefighters to report to Cross & Shirley Streets for the mass casualty incident.”

UD Large Scale Incident Winthrop Ma. Reported fire arms recovered, (1) in custody. FD also reporting entrapment with the vehicle into the building-remains active at this time.

Active Crime Scene in Town, Avoid Area of Shirley Street and Veterans Road​

June 26, 2021 // by John Guilfoil// Leave a Comment

Winthrop Police are investigating a very active crime scene in town near the intersection of Shirley Street and Veterans Road. There are multiple injured people and motorists are asked to avoid the area to allow first responders unrestricted access to the scene. We will post additional information as soon as it is available.

Last edited:
NECN shows a large box truck into a house. A minor statement that "police are walking around with Long Guns". WTF. So, we are bad people because we have these "weapons of war", but the same exact piece of metal and plastic is a "Police Patrol Rifle Long Gun"?

O.K. never mind my rant, and back to the original strange story.

Jay

Rapid flow is a good sized company, they do a lot of state work doing CIP sewer liners. I wonder if this was an accident or not? Sounds like maybe not. Time will tell.

The locals are peeing their pants. I know a few.

There's no shortage of pics of the people shot. I'm sure Turtleboy will have them soon.

One dead, two less-dead according to my peeps.

I'm going to pose some hypotheticals - that's a disclaimer for those who have poor reading comprehension skills and haven't taken their meds - breathe deep!

What if it's a low rent joint with dirtbag tenants, as posited in this thread... the mini van does something moronic and gets clipped, which then causes the truck to crash into the building, and the dirtbags whose hovel has just been leveled start beating the life out of the injured/disoriented driver of the truck, to the point that the driver defends himself with his legal CCW? And maybe he then gets plugged by a cop.

Alternately, grief stricken resident loses it, and shoots truck driver (passenger too?) because the crank case is now on top of the grease stain formerly known as "grandma".

Least likely, but I love me some Breaking Bad, maybe the cartel boys were just done divvying up their drugs and money and hoes and whatnot in their crack house, and then a completely unrelated box truck comes through the wall like the f'in Kool Aid man. They assume it's the Zetas coming to snatch their stash, yo, and open up with the heaters, but it's really just two plumbers who have just swerved to dodge the hambeast in the muumuu with the silver soccermobile, who doesn't know how to drive in her own lane or come to a complete stop before turning...

I'm going to pose some hypotheticals - that's a disclaimer for those who have poor reading comprehension skills and haven't taken their meds - breathe deep!

What if it's a low rent joint with dirtbag tenants, as posited in this thread... the mini van does something moronic and gets clipped, which then causes the truck to crash into the building, and the dirtbags whose hovel has just been leveled start beating the life out of the injured/disoriented driver of the truck, to the point that the driver defends himself with his legal CCW? And maybe he then gets plugged by a cop.

Alternately, grief stricken resident loses it, and shoots truck driver (passenger too?) because the crank case is now on top of the grease stain formerly known as "grandma".

Least likely, but I love me some Breaking Bad, maybe the cartel boys were just done divvying up their drugs and money and hoes and whatnot in their crack house, and then a completely unrelated box truck come through the wall like the f'in Kool Aid man. They assume it's the Zetas coming to snatch their stash, yo, and open up with the heaters, but it's really just two plumbers who have just swerved to dodge the hambeast in the muumuu with the silver soccermobile, who doesn't know how to drive in her own lane or come to a complete stop before turning...
have you thought about writing a book?

I’m hearing two dead by gunshots, a retired Trooper and a pedestrian, both shot by the driver of the truck, which is allegedly reported stolen. The driver of said stolen truck apparently was also shot by popo, and is still alive for now.

This may all change 6 more x before 8pm. lol

Winthrop is a pretty quiet little place usually. And I’m glad it wasn’t Belle Isle Seafood that got crushed.

Least likely, but I love me some Breaking Bad, maybe the cartel boys were just done divvying up their drugs and money and hoes and whatnot in their crack house, and then a completely unrelated box truck comes through the wall like the f'in Kool Aid man. They assume it's the Zetas coming to snatch their stash, yo, and open up with the heaters, but it's really just two plumbers who have just swerved to dodge the hambeast in the muumuu with the silver soccermobile, who doesn't know how to drive in her own lane or come to a complete stop before turning...

I had the same thoughts exactly.

This started as an intersection MVA which sent the truck straight through someone's priceless collection of Star Wars memorabilia. The owner of said collection, who lives next door, came out shootin'.

have you thought about writing a book?

You want to buy one? DM me [wink]

I'm just participating in the rich NES tradition of spitballing... But I must admit I am SUPER curious to see how close I am on this one, because it's a very weird situation at first glance. If it's the Breakin Bad scenario, I'm buying a lotto ticket for sure.

Bonus ball situation - the box truck was stolen, the driver WASN'T a plumber. MS13 used to steal a van from the dealer next to one of my shops many moons ago, and drive it through the back wall to load up with expensive goodies, empty the goodies somewhere, then dump and torch the sucker... They only did it 2-3 years in a row though. Thank you Law Enforcement!

I had the same thoughts exactly.

This started as an intersection MVA which sent the truck straight through someone's priceless collection of Star Wars memorabilia. The owner of said collection, who lives next door, came out shootin'.

A rotund man with a lisp, a bad shave and haircut, and pandemic-panic-purchased Ruger MKIV is sitting in a the back of a cruiser somewhere right now, mumbling "They're MY pokemon cards. I told mom not to touch my pokemon cards. You can't take them out of the sleeve. I told everyone not to take them out of the sleeves. My cards. They're not your cards. They're my cards. Don't touch my cards. I said it over and over, don't touch my cards, but mom always touched my cards. You can't touch them. My cards... my cards..."

Back
Top Bottom