Breonna Taylor killed in her home by police home invasion?

But I do think the make-up "endangerment" charge is a bit much; I'm glad the cop is being held accountable for his crappy marksmanship, but five years in the hoosegow seems excessive to me.
The cop who was fired and is now charged with wanton endangerment was outside in the parking lot, firing blindly without a target. I believe (stress "believe", not "know") that he fired into multiple apartments in the process.

If that's the case, I have no problems charging a police officer who resorts to "spray and pray" with reckless behavior or wanton endangerment.

This blog has certainly gone south if the narrative is going to be that Taylor had done nothing wrong. And Balko is a WAPO writer with a long history of anti-cop writings, long history. He's flat out wrong regarding the Taylor case. Just because you write biased articles doesn't make you a knowledgeable person.
Really want makes you knowledgeable? If you don't trust this source, what source do you trust? RT? Breit Bart? Info Wars? How about CATO?
Breonna Taylor Is Another Victim of the War on Drugs
Breonna Taylor, Indicting Cops, and the War on Drugs

Taylor and Walker did nothing wrong that justified a violent, nightime raid on their home. Please explain how that is justified..... What we're seeing is an after the fact coverup and smear campaign by the Kentucky AG and police unions.

But I guess you're entitled to your own facts...

Really want makes you knowledgeable? If you don't trust this source, what source do you trust? RT? Breit Bart? Info Wars? How about CATO?
Breonna Taylor Is Another Victim of the War on Drugs
Breonna Taylor, Indicting Cops, and the War on Drugs

Taylor and Walker did nothing wrong that justified a violent, nightime raid on their home. Please explain how that is justified..... What we're seeing is an after the fact coverup and smear campaign by the Kentucky AG and police unions.

But I guess you're entitled to your own facts...

Based on the facts you have, do you think the the police made a valid or invalid claim that 2424 Elliot Ave was a trap house, based on all this circumstantial evidence?

In his affidavit, Jaynes described substantial evidence that Glover and Adrian Walker were selling drugs. He noted pending drug charges against both men; his observation of "15-20 vehicles" going to and from the house at 2424 Elliott Avenue "within a short period of time"; surveillance camera footage showing Glover dropping and concealing "a large, blue cylinder-shaped object" next to rocks near that address; video of both suspects going back and forth between the stash and the house; a December 30 search that found "narcotics and firearms" in the house; and a January 2 traffic stop for speeding that discovered "a small amount of marijuana" and "a large undetermined amount of US currency located in the center console" of a red 2017 Dodge Charger driven by Adrian Walker.

She should be a martyr for everyone who gives a damn about the Constitution and due process, but too many people who claim to be "constitutional conservatives" are eager to run away. After all, it's a black woman whose former boyfriend dealt drugs, so she doesn't really count.

Maybe you'll care when they come for your guns.

ok sure.[rofl] But the battle still rages on!

Wanton Endangerment
(Class D felony - 1-5 years):

NY Times: Fired Officer Is Indicted in Breonna Taylor Case; Protesters Wanted Stronger Charges
...​
Grand jurors indicted Mr. Hankison, a detective at the time, on three counts of “wanton endangerment,” saying he had imperiled the lives of three of Ms. Taylor’s neighbors by firing bullets that reached their apartment.​
Mr. Hankison fired through a door and window of Ms. Taylor’s apartment building that were covered with blinds, violating a department policy that requires officers to have a line of sight. At least some of his rounds reached the apartment directly behind Ms. Taylor’s, where a pregnant woman, her husband and their 5-year-old child were asleep. The rounds shattered the family’s glass door but did not harm anyone.​
...​
=====

Louisville Courier Journal: Former Detective Brett Hankison faces 3 charges after Breonna Taylor shooting
  1. 70 crime scene photos. You only get a few free LCJ articles per month, so if you click, don't neglect to view them at that time.
  2. There's a plausible narrative that Hankinson was out of control. Not sure how much native charm he has compared to the Medford Lens Licker. But given the newspaper's choice of highlights from his work history, it's not surprising that they're giving him The Ride That Can't Be Beat.

Based on the facts you have, do you think the the police made a valid or invalid claim that 2424 Elliot Ave was a trap house, based on all this circumstantial evidence?

In his affidavit, Jaynes described substantial evidence that Glover and Adrian Walker were selling drugs. He noted pending drug charges against both men; his observation of "15-20 vehicles" going to and from the house at 2424 Elliott Avenue "within a short period of time"; surveillance camera footage showing Glover dropping and concealing "a large, blue cylinder-shaped object" next to rocks near that address; video of both suspects going back and forth between the stash and the house; a December 30 search that found "narcotics and firearms" in the house; and a January 2 traffic stop for speeding that discovered "a small amount of marijuana" and "a large undetermined amount of US currency located in the center console" of a red 2017 Dodge Charger driven by Adrian Walker.
I think the claim was invalid because they didn't submit a truthful and valid warrant application. Balko ha been highlighting theses for some time. If you read the 14 points of the 'investigation' many are innocuous on their face. Some just plaint aren't truthful. Walker was never the subject of any investigation as alleged in the affidavit. Also, item 9 is a lie. The postal inspector denies describing any packages for Glover as suspicious.

Police shouldn't be able to lie to get a search warrant. When they do and you end up with a situation like this, you have a case of the police created danger. Personally, I don't feel that the self-defense claim used to let the two cops off should be valid when the police create the danger themselves. If I punch someone in the nose, I can't claim self defense when they pull a knife on me.

Just for fun, the fired cop - Hankison is a real piece of shit. He resigned from the Lexington PD in 2002 with a supervisor recommending that he not be rehired. There are also multiple allegations describing him as a sexual predator.

If I punch someone in the nose, I can't claim self defense when they pull a knife on me.
All other things being equal, it's likely that you could then defend against the knife with lethal force, as the knife is a lethal weapon and you would be within your rights to use a lethal defense. The person who pulled the knife on you cannot claim self-defense, as a single punch to the nose cannot reasonably be considered use of lethal force.

I think this is one where the problem is not what the individual officer did, but at an earlier time and a higher level. The raid should never have happened in the first place. Whoever was running that investigation did some poor quality work. And why did the cops not have video? That just defies common sense.

I think the claim was invalid because they didn't submit a truthful and valid warrant application. Balko ha been highlighting theses for some time. If you read the 14 points of the 'investigation' many are innocuous on their face. Some just plaint aren't truthful. Walker was never the subject of any investigation as alleged in the affidavit. Also, item 9 is a lie. The postal inspector denies describing any packages for Glover as suspicious.

Police shouldn't be able to lie to get a search warrant. When they do and you end up with a situation like this, you have a case of the police created danger. Personally, I don't feel that the self-defense claim used to let the two cops off should be valid when the police create the danger themselves.
I have not read any transcripts nor will I bother to do so. But I will address the point you made as a theoretical . . .

The cops present and firing may not have been the ones obtaining the so-called intelligence to request the warrant. If they had no hand in lying or obtaining the warrant but just were the "labor" sent to serve it, IMNSHO they should not be personally held culpable if others lied to set this disaster in motion.

If they were the ones who lied to get the warrant, then all bets are off, let them be prosecuted.

I have not read any transcripts nor will I bother to do so. But I will address the point you made as a theoretical . . .

The cops present and firing may not have been the ones obtaining the so-called intelligence to request the warrant. If they had no hand in lying or obtaining the warrant but just were the "labor" sent to serve it, IMNSHO they should not be personally held culpable if others lied to set this disaster in motion.

If they were the ones who lied to get the warrant, then all bets are off, let them be prosecuted.

It has been reported that due to the labor needed for the simultaneous warrants these officers were not the ones who swore out the warrant.

Police shouldn't be able to lie to get a search warrant. When they do and you end up with a situation like this, you have a case of the police created danger. Personally, I don't feel that the self-defense claim used to let the two cops off should be valid when the police create the danger themselves. If I punch someone in the nose, I can't claim self defense when they pull a knife on me.

Exactly. And here’s the thing. One reason police are rarely held accountable and appears to be present in this case, is the cops who lie on or write crappy warrants aren’t the ones executing it. So you have some sucker cops without knowledge of the situation if not even having been lied to themselves being the ones serving the warrant. If the lying cops were also the shooters it would be a lot easier for accountability. That they are not is intentional.

All other things being equal, it's likely that you could then defend against the knife with lethal force, as the knife is a lethal weapon and you would be within your rights to use a lethal defense. The person who pulled the knife on you cannot claim self-defense, as a single punch to the nose cannot reasonably be considered use of lethal force.
unless the single punch to the face was coming from Mike Tyson or similar. I have no illusions that most pro MMA fighters or boxers could kill me with their bare hands. I would use lethal force to defend myself against an unarmed Mike Tyson, even at his current age.

Highschool kids and 20 somethings can take lots of bare knuckle face punches. People in their 40s and 50s and up can be killed by punches. Ask Thomas Junta. You get knocked out with one punch to "the button" and you have no control over whether or not your attacker is going to continue pounding on you or stomping your head while you're down.

It seems to me that calling themselves Black Lives Also Matter would be seen as less racist that Black Lives Matter.

Plus, "BLAM" has WAY more marketing potential than BLM.

But I suppose their goal never was to calm things down while protecting lives. More fun to riot, loot and kill.

unless the single punch to the face was coming from Mike Tyson or similar. I have no illusions that most pro MMA fighters or boxers could kill me with their bare hands. I would use lethal force to defend myself against an unarmed Mike Tyson, even at his current age.
Was the italicized "All other things being equal" somehow unclear?

My take on this is a bunch swat officers thought it would be fun to recreate the Bin Laden raid.
Instead of taking the time to arrest him while he was alone and when there is a higher chance of a non-violent encounter.
Then search her house after during the day time.

What's sad is the police are all about catch the criminal at any cost vs. the courts with their let them go at any cost to public safety.

I think the police acted in a childlike manner and even though one shot was fired in their direction they should have the smarts to withhold return fire based on the area she lived in.
Never mind the fact that you may not know who fired the shot and how many people may be inside the residence.

We already knew drugs were bad, we don't need anymore reminders of how bad the police can overreact!

Last edited:
My take on this is a bunch swat officers thought it would be fun to recreate the Bin Laden raid.
Instead of taking the time to arrest him while he was alone and when there is a higher chance of a non-violent encounter.
IIRC, it was a search warrant - not an arrest warrant.

Then search it in the day when it's easier to identify who is who and have better insight of the situation.
Way less chance of mistakes happening in the day vs a night search warrant!

What's sad is the police are all about catch the criminal at any cost vs. the courts with their let them go at any cost to public safety.

I think the police acted in a childlike manner and even though one shot was fired in their direction they should have the smarts to withhold return fire based on the area she lived in.
Never mind the fact that you may not know who fired the shot and how many people may be inside the residence.

We already knew drugs were bad, we don't need anymore reminders of how bad the police can overreact!
Most cops never fire their gun during their years of employment. My guess is once the shot came through the door you have some that hold their cool and some who don't. You never know until the lead flys.

In a night raid I would want my best, most experienced people performing it.
So many things can go wrong at night vs a daylight raid.
Just on the visibility and awareness standpoint alone.

Then search it in the day when it's easier to identify who is who and have better insight of the situation.
Way less chance of mistakes happening in the day vs a night search warrant!

That’s the big problem with this. Apparently they were conducting three other searches at the same time. Her apartment was the lowest priority, and didn’t need a no knock midnight raid. Yet instead of waiting till the next morning, or doing an actual knock and announce, they just knocked and then immediately busted down the door. It was also done with just three plain clothed detectives not even familiar with the case, the apartment, or who was in it. This should not and would not have happened if they did almost anything else. They put themselves at risk and everyone in the complex at risk and the result is a dead woman.

Most cops never fire their gun during their years of employment. My guess is once the shot came through the door you have some that hold their cool and some who don't. You never know until the lead flys.

The one cop who is being charged, the one who blindly mag dumped from outside and shot into multiple apartments, already had a bad history, evidently.

They put themselves at risk and everyone in the complex at risk and the result is a dead woman.

Hence the $12M payout. They probably owe the folks who had bullets pass through their apartments something, too. For that matter, the cops who actually served the warrant should be compensated, too, as long as they weren't the ones who decided to execute a knock-and-announce raid in the middle of the f-king night, except the one never went in and decided it was a great idea to fire blindly into the apartment from outside. Not seeing how the case relates to BLM, but then again, virtually none of the cases BLM takes an interest in have anything at all to do with racism.

Not seeing how the case relates to BLM, but then again, virtually none of the cases BLM takes an interest in have anything at all to do with racism.

It doesn’t. As Robert Barnes has mentioned, that’s intentional. The point is to be divisive. Actually good cases where most people besides only the hardcore boot kickers would agree, don’t create outrage. If your message isn’t actually about black lives or racism, why would you care about actual examples of it?

Back
Top Bottom