• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Breonna Taylor killed in her home by police home invasion?

USMS has a motto for fugitive recovery.

Let's hear it. ;)
raw

Four charged. Allegations including falsifying the affidavit used to obtain the search warrant, conspiring to coverup the incident afterwards, and one for shooting blindly through windows, a glass door, and into the neighbors apartment.

Pretty much textbook violation of civil rights, especially falsifying the affidavit for the warrant.
From what I read the officers being charged had nothing to do with the warrant and this is an overreach by the Biden/Garland DOJ. Why didn't they go after the 2 cops who supposedly falsified the warrant?

In September 2020, officials in Louisville agreed to pay $12m to the Taylor family in a wrongful death settlement.

They always pay because it’s not their money so they pay up to make it go away. Ridiculous amount, only worse one was George opiates Floyd’s payout.

What is a life worth?

A young women who by all accounts was not a dirtbag

60 years of her life taken away from her.... from her family....

the problem is none of the cops that lied on the warrant application, none of them that sprayed not only her apartment, but a couple of others have not been jailed for life.

And none of them had skin in the payouts.

What is a life worth?

A young women who by all accounts was not a dirtbag

60 years of her life taken away from her.... from her family....

the problem is none of the cops that lied on the warrant application, none of them that sprayed not only her apartment, but a couple of others have not been jailed for life.

And none of them had skin in the payouts.

She was involved in the drug dealing of her ex. She isn’t missed by society, neither is Floyd

How many times have you had a dead body in the trunk of your rental car?

Not a fan of the 'no-knock'. I understand the cops like to go for the shock and awe effect but too many bad things can happen.

I can see how it might be useful or advantageous to the police in some instances

After all that has come out it appears this maneuver might not have been needed.

Hindsight 20-20 I guess.

I don't know anything about Ms. Taylor. But from everything I have read she also had a steady job.

So rather than burst into her home in the middle of the night why not wait a day or two and arrest her either on her way to or from work or arrest her at work.

Cop cars at hospitals are not an unusual sight and most likely would not have drawn any extra suspicion from Ms. Taylor.

Anyway, seems the wildcard in this situation is that her current boyfriend exercised his 2A rights and the cops probably had no idea he was legally armed.

Something they probably should have known if they did all their homework but apparently they did not.

I wonder how much he was suing for n the two law suits that will be dropped for him receiving the $2M.

Lawyers are getting a big chunk of that too.

Since they said the cops falsified evidence to initiate the event perhaps he should have taken the other suits a bit further.

"In August, a former police detective pleaded guilty to helping falsify evidence that led to the search of Ms Taylor's home."

Anyway, water under the bridge now.

Not a fan of the 'no-knock'. I understand the cops like to go for the shock and awe effect but too many bad things can happen.

I can see how it might be useful or advantageous to the police in some instances

After all that has come out it appears this maneuver might not have been needed.

Hindsight 20-20 I guess.

I don't know anything about Ms. Taylor. But from everything I have read she also had a steady job.

So rather than burst into her home in the middle of the night why not wait a day or two and arrest her either on her way to or from work or arrest her at work.

Cop cars at hospitals are not an unusual sight and most likely would not have drawn any extra suspicion from Ms. Taylor.

Anyway, seems the wildcard in this situation is that her current boyfriend exercised his 2A rights and the cops probably had no idea he was legally armed.

Something they probably should have known if they did all their homework but apparently they did not.

I wonder how much he was suing for n the two law suits that will be dropped for him receiving the $2M.

Since they said the cops falsified evidence to initiate the event perhaps he should have taken the other suits a bit further.

"In August, a former police detective pleaded guilty to helping falsify evidence that led to the search of Ms Taylor's home."

They were not arresting her, they were serving a search warrant because her ex bf was a big drug deal in Louisville and he used her house and she was still involved with him even after they broke up as a couple. In this raid, the cops actually called out they were the police prior to going in, so it wasn’t a no knock.

The no knock with a drug related search warrants make sense at times because they don’t want evidence destroyed. If someone has computer records, etc the no knock could make sense for similar reasons. The type of raid should be as minimally intrusive as possible and the amount of force as minimal as necessary.

The feds are beyond ridiculous when they send dozen SEAT team like agents to arrest harmless people for a warrant. It’s an arrest warrant, they’re not concerned with evidence destruction, they should reach out to the persons lawyer and arraign them to turn themselves in. If the person is violent, has a history not showing for court or is wanted for very serious crimes, then the armed force makes sense.

But sending a dozen well armed SWAT people for an abortion protestor with not record or roger stone, etc is garbage. It’s a tacti show which should NEVER happen

They were not looking for her, they were not looking for her current BF, who she dumped the drug dealer for

They were looking for the ex boyfriend and evidence of drug trafficking

Even though they knew from the USPS that there were no suspicious deliveries to her apartment

Just another no knock or announce and enter ( Police ! followed a second later by doors being kicked) warrant being executed, and a faulty warrant, a fraudulent warrant at that

But that's OK... it is too much trouble to do these things during the day, or detain people when they are outside the residence

Waco ring a bell?

Koresh was regularly seen going to town, where he could have been detained easily, but it was more fun to roll up, destroy his car, and go to war with a fortified installation.

So a few wimmin and kidz got killed no big deal right

Ruby Ridge..... hey lets go hunt him down in the woods, that is more fun... ooops there was some collateral damage.

Anyone want to discuss the pushback from those 2 events that cost 168 people their lives in 1995?

All because law enforcement wanted to make a show of it, rather than doing it quietly

Hindsight 20-20 I guess.

What kind of namby pamby woke beta liberal ARE you, anyway?

I kid, I kid...

"Possibly" unless they suspect there are hostages, if the subject address is "in town", plug the sewer line, shut off the water and power and then wait. If there's no sewer, the stuff they flush will be safely held in the septic tank, so just cut off power.

They'll come out sooner or later. The sooner they do, the less likely the cops found the right house.

Or they could just let them "escape" and in a couple of weeks, they'll pick them up in Seattle or someplace, working in a car wash.

They were not looking for her, they were not looking for her current BF, who she dumped the drug dealer for

They were looking for the ex boyfriend and evidence of drug trafficking

Even though they knew from the USPS that there were no suspicious deliveries to her apartment

Just another no knock or announce and enter ( Police ! followed a second later by doors being kicked) warrant being executed, and a faulty warrant, a fraudulent warrant at that

But that's OK... it is too much trouble to do these things during the day, or detain people when they are outside the residence

Waco ring a bell?

Koresh was regularly seen going to town, where he could have been detained easily, but it was more fun to roll up, destroy his car, and go to war with a fortified installation.

So a few wimmin and kidz got killed no big deal right

Ruby Ridge..... hey lets go hunt him down in the woods, that is more fun... ooops there was some collateral damage.

Anyone want to discuss the pushback from those 2 events that cost 168 people their lives in 1995?

All because law enforcement wanted to make a show of it, rather than doing it quietly
Indeed. Koresh was a known walker/jogger on the same route every day.

The no knock with a drug related search warrants make sense at times because they don’t want evidence destroyed. If someone has computer records, etc the no knock could make sense for similar reasons. The type of raid should be as minimally intrusive as possible and the amount of force as minimal as necessary.

No knocks should be f***ing outlawed unless someone is going to die. (eg, actual exigent circumstances)

And don't stand there and go "they knocked and said they were police so its okay" what do you think someone hears from across their house. A couple banging noises, a muffled voice, and then a nice explosion when their door gets smashed in and the flashbangs start going everywhere.

There are enough "wrong house" and cop deaths that any reasonable person would want to see that shit ended, stat.

No knocks should be f***ing outlawed unless someone is going to die. (eg, actual exigent circumstances)

And don't stand there and go "they knocked and said they were police so its okay" what do you think someone hears from across their house. A couple banging noises, a muffled voice, and then a nice explosion when their door gets smashed in and the flashbangs start going everywhere.

There are enough "wrong house" and cop deaths that any reasonable person would want to see that shit ended, stat.

Im not defending the raid in Louisville, just saying it wasn’t a no knock. Neighbors heard it through their doors, so it’s at least possible Taylor and bf could.

No knocks should be exceedingly rare and need to meet very strict criteria. As you suggest exigent circumstances. I’d also include arrest warrants against known violent people when other avenues to serve it are not possible.

Cops “announced” themselves.

Do you know what that actually means and looks like in practice?

They yell police 3-6 times in rapid succession while they knock your door down in the middle of the night while your sleeping.

All that manpower and they can’t find away to serve a w

Im not defending the raid in Louisville, just saying it wasn’t a no knock. Neighbors heard it through their doors, so it’s at least possible Taylor and bf could.

Whether it's a no-knock or they bang on your door and shout police a couple times in the middle of the night before quickly smashing through the door, it does the same thing.

No knocks should be exceedingly rare and need to meet very strict criteria. As you suggest exigent circumstances. I’d also include arrest warrants against known violent people when other avenues to serve it are not possible.

There are no reasons to ever serve a warrant these ways. If you are talking exigent circumstances, then we aren't talking about serving a warrant. That's another matter. "Known violent people" is the excuse they use to justify these in the first place, so that wouldn't change anything. Other means are always possible. The reason they don't use other means is because it takes more time and effort and is far less fun then playing war.

Of course it is.

That’s the point of having a Constitution, specifically a Bill of Rights. It’s designed to make the authorities’ job harder, not easier.

Shocking that statists don’t like the BoR, I know… :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom