• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Brilliant

I don't know what he was saying. I couldn't stop staring at his "toe thumb" on his left hand. [laugh]

Someone sold something similar many years ago. Iirc 38 special and the insert was only 3 inches long.

Seems like it won't be very accurate with that shorty barrel for all calibers. I know it says it's rifled, but still. All I watched was the .22 test and he was all over the place, not sure it was him or the weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

yea 3 in is definitely not long enough to get enough twist and velocity to be accurate or do damage... but I guess if it's for end of the word stuff it'll work.

Seems like it won't be very accurate with that shorty barrel for all calibers. I know it says it's rifled, but still. All I watched was the .22 test and he was all over the place, not sure it was him or the weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

yea 3 in is definitely not long enough to get enough twist and velocity to be accurate or do damage... but I guess if it's for end of the word stuff it'll work.
Um, that's why these are 7 inches? [wink]

and rifled. Which distinguishes them from the prior smooth-bore 3 inch adapters.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to see one for the Mossberg 500/590 series guns in 9mm, .45acp, and 44mag
There is a good reason these are intended for a break-open. Specifically extraction of the spent shell and insertion of the adapter.

and rifled. Which distinguishes them from the prior smooth-bore 3 inch adapters.

Here's the problem I see with these, they're designed to allow firing of a multitude of calibers, in the event ammo becomes scarce and you need to shoot whatever you can find.
However, since each adapter is unique, how can the gun possibly hit precisely at point of aim after a caliber swap ??
Wouldn't this require the wasting of scarce ammo for the purpose of sighting in the gun whenever a caliber change is made ???

Who would want to fire handgun ammo from a shotgun having handgun accuracy? And it costs almost $500? Save your money. Buy ammo or better yet, an education on how to use what you have.

Meh, call me when they come out with an adapter for one of these...

xgerman_antitank19_panzerfaust_klein.jpg

Zappa, I'm guessing this would not be sighted rather its essentially a handgun barrel shoved into a shotgun so Im guessing its more of a point n shoot thing. Practicality I'd say with the points you made this is nothing more then a expensive novelty item/ a cheap way for some one to plink cans with random Ammo.

It might be the answer to a nonexistant problem then again maybe not. Multiple caliber rifle/shotgun combos have been around forever. They were/are popular in Europe especially in Germany. This is one approach to the issue, anyway. Drillings are frequently high quality with separate barrels for each caliber.

Another approach is the basic three gun battery: rifle, pistol, shotgun say in 12 ga, .223 or .308, 9mm (38/357) with an optional .22.

The recent ammo shortage highlights the problem, so this idea is worthy of consideration.

Now if a system could be devised for a pump shotgun, that really would be something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

There is a good reason these are intended for a break-open. Specifically extraction of the spent shell and insertion of the adapter.

Ya, ya, ya, like Roseanna Roseannadana says............its always something.[laugh][smile][wink]

Have to work on designing one myself. A replacement bolt and insert combo would work, doesn't seem much different than other caliber change kits for other guns. The Uzi change is barrel, bolt and mag, the 1919 is barrel and booster and top cover(sometimes).

And for PT, As for accuracy, they're made to give you options to get you something for dinner, not competitive target shooting. A 7 inch barrel is plenty for that, people hunt with that length barrel pistol frequently.

It might be the answer to a nonexistant problem then again maybe not. Multiple caliber rifle/shotgun combos have been around forever. They were/are popular in Europe especially in Germany. This is one approach to the issue, anyway. Drillings are frequently high quality with separate barrels for each caliber.

Another approach is the basic three gun battery: rifle, pistol, shotgun say in 12 ga, .223 or .308, 9mm (38/357) with an optional .22.

The recent ammo shortage highlights the problem, so this idea is worthy of consideration.

Now if a system could be devised for a pump shotgun, that really would be something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to check into it.

Who would want to fire handgun ammo from a shotgun having handgun accuracy? And it costs almost $500? Save your money. Buy ammo or better yet, an education on how to use what you have.

That was his point. In a survival situation, particularly a bug out, buying ammo isn't possible and knowing how to use what you have only gets you so far. Between caches (if you have them) on the way to your BOL, you may be forced to scavenge. If the collapse is extended or permanent, you WILL be forced to scavenge.

You won't be making head shots on zombies from 400 meters with this thing. It's designed to give you the flexibility to hunt and protect yourself in a limited ammo scavenge situation without carrying a weapon for every caliber you may find.

It looks to me that these will give you pistol defensive accuracy, not typical rifle accuracy, and should not be compared to a rifle, for velocity, nor accuracy.

Compare his 75 ft shots on target with what anyone else could do at the same target with a dedicated pistol at the same range. Do you think you could do better? I say most people couldn't.

So for it's intended purpose, they should work fine. Of course, extended use may cause wear inside of your shotgun barrel, so don't use these on your expensive competition shotgun unless you're in a bug out situation and need to use it. ;)

I'd consider a set of these, but I don't have a break open shotgun.

It looks to me that these will give you pistol defensive accuracy, not typical rifle accuracy, and should not be compared to a rifle, for velocity, nor accuracy.

Compare his 75 ft shots on target with what anyone else could do at the same target with a dedicated pistol at the same range. Do you think you could do better? I say most people couldn't.

So for it's intended purpose, they should work fine. Of course, extended use may cause wear inside of your shotgun barrel, so don't use these on your expensive competition shotgun unless you're in a bug out situation and need to use it. ;)

I'd consider a set of these, but I don't have a break open shotgun.

Shall I put you on the list for a kit for a pump or semiauto?[grin]

If you're having to scrounge/liberate ammo, chances are there will be rifles/pistols to go with it. If the stuff hits the fan, a single shot slow to reload weapon won't be worth much.

I standardize my firearms to common calibers so that I'll probably have something to shoot scrounged ammo from if I need to.

It's neat, and might be handy for a BOB, but I'd at least have a reliable pistol to go with it.

Back
Top Bottom