• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

British fugitive shoots dead two unarmed policewomen

http://news.yahoo.com/two-policewomen-killed-shooting-northern-england-145910968.html

Someday they'll learn.

One of Britain's most wanted fugitives killed two unarmed policewomen on Tuesday in a gun and grenade ambush, police said, killings which are likely to reignite a long-running debate over whether British officers should carry guns

"Sadly we know from the experience in America and other countries that having armed officers certainly does not mean sadly that police officers do not end up getting shot dead."

Last edited:
I heard the Bobby in Chief say that they are sure that having unarmed Police is the best way to go, as evidenced by the police killed in America, it doesn't help if the police are armed. I have to admit, I'm a little torn between the two.

I heard the Bobby in Chief say that they are sure that having unarmed Police is the best way to go, as evidenced by the police killed in America, it doesn't help if the police are armed. I have to admit, I'm a little torn between the two.
The purpose of LEOs being armed is so that they might defend themselves if presented with deadly force in the course of their duties.

Same self-defense we are all entitled to.

The real problem is the concept of using firearms to demand compliance when no lethal threat is presented. The fact that people have come to believe THIS is why police are armed is the problem. Not the guns themselves.

The purpose of LEOs being armed is so that they might defend themselves if presented with deadly force in the course of their duties.

Same self-defense we are all entitled to.

The real problem is the concept of using firearms to demand compliance when no lethal threat is presented. The fact that people have come to believe THIS is why police are armed is the problem. Not the guns themselves.

Agreed. But the thought of not getting shot when answering my door is very appealing.

Agreed. But the thought of not getting shot when answering my door is very appealing.
Same with any crime, it is the meatbag behind the gardening tool, not the gardening tool that kills you...

The rampant abuse and proliferation of the SWAT concept is very much tied to the "compliance at gunpoint" view of police work to which this nation has degraded.

The whole thing is un-possible. Guns are illegal in England. So there's NFW that a career criminal could acquire one, and use it on un-armed police women.

A grenade, too? I call double bullshit.

I've tried to feel sorry for the British in general and those two cops in particular. But I can't. Sorry. I can't. They have bought into the lie and are just as complicit as their rulers.

Sad for the Coppers, and their families, but at least the BritCops are as well [un]armed as Joe Bloggs (that's their version of Joe Blow or John Doe).

Remember...this is what the society over there wants.

If Hitler had waited 50 years, he could've walked into Trafalgar Square...

I dont know where they get there facts from but it was my understanding that the biggest danger to police In the usa are car accidents, not shootings. And i do believe police should be armed. Its there right just like ours, but i dont think they should controle the ability for us to carry as well.

Hay we all know they lie out there ass over there. just remember all info as ether facts or statistics can be made out to look how ever one wants, if you control the info you just add or leave out somthings to make it favor your views, its not what you say its how you say it

Last edited:
Your not kidding, its a joke. How does a Nation go from having one of the largest Empires, being feared throughout the world, to what they are now?
They overextend themselves, spread their military all over the world, create enemies everywhere in the process, pander domestically by handing out entitlements and generally providing the temporary illusion of a standard of living beyond that which their economy will support.

Same as Rome and others before. Same as the United States after.

Back
Top Bottom