Brockton Boy Wounded In Paintball Attack

Brockton Boy Wounded In Paintball Attack
BROCKTON (CBS) — Cody Hilts was outside playing with a couple of other kids on Ford Street in Brockton when a car pulled up and someone shot at them. The 12-year-old didn’t know what hit him.

“I thought it was a real gun and I started freaking out and ran into the house to tell my mom,” he said.

His mother thought she heard the gunshots.

“I heard some popping noises and he came in and his eye was like, I don’t even know I didn’t know if it was out of his socket,” Cassandra Hilts said.

The paintball hit Cody directly in the eye.

“He was screaming. I heard this blood curdling scream,” she added.

Cody Hilts was wounded by paintballs (WBZ-TV)

Cody’s mother did what she could to clean his eye but soon realized she had get him to a hospital and fast.

“It was a vicious night last night at the emergency room,” she said.

Right now police are looking for a dark, four-door sedan. Cody believes it was a black Acura.

Police say this is just one of three paintball incidents in Brockton.

“He heard me scream and then he went faster,” Cody said.

Cody is suffering from a scratched cornea, detached retina, and severe swelling. He will likely go to the hospital every day until doctors are able to see if he needs surgery or not.

Cody’s spirits are high and he has a message for the man who shot him. “Shame on him and he shouldn’t be doing that. I guess he’s just trying to find attention but karma will get him,” he said.

Cody was supposed to leave Tuesday night to visit family in Cuba, but is no longer going. Right now, Cody and his family are just happy it wasn’t a real gun because if it was, he may not be here.

Comments

Can we ban these too.

Last edited:
That whole "eye for an eye" thing in the Old Testament, they kind of had a good point there.

Wow, you can't even shoot back at these a**h***s..... Paintball gun filled with pepperballs might work though. They'll think twice about doing it again if they take a couple pepperballs to the face.

Still, that's right up there with the dickheads who throw rocks off of overpasses on the highway.

Detached retina he'll need some kind of surgery with any luck they'll tack it in place with a laser. Still sucks that numbnuts is running around doing such a dumbass stunt,maybe they'll get lucky and the next target will return fire with the real thing.

Detached retina he'll need some kind of surgery with any luck they'll tack it in place with a laser. Still sucks that numbnuts is running around doing such a dumbass stunt,maybe they'll get lucky and the next target will return fire with the real thing.
In other words, karma.

300 fps can do a lot of damage remember this is large caliber .68 they will take out a chipmunk easily with a heart lung shot they will also take out a pigeon with a head shot , the big draw back is massively inferior rounds that can go any which way once they have left the barrel

I take it you've been through Camden and were as shocked as I was first time I had to be there.....

I haven't, but I've seen enough footage to know it's basically like hell on earth in a lot of it. I'll never forget it, that show where they build houses for poor people.... I noticed this guy and his sons lived in
Camden. I said to my ex... "the best thing they could do is build these people a house that is ANYWHERE but Camden" sure enough when it came back from commercial the house was sited well outside of
Camden... I was like "See, even they know it's totally f***ed there. "

-Mike

expect harsh regulations around those items now.
A friend told me that up until about 20 years ago a FID was required for ant type of air rifle and that people were arrested and jailed on gun charges for carrying or possessing BB and pellet rifles without an FID in Massachusetts. Is this for real? If these incidents continue there could be a return to such a law.

A friend told me that up until about 20 years ago a FID was required for ant type of air rifle and that people were arrested and jailed on gun charges for carrying or possessing BB and pellet rifles without an FID in Massachusetts. Is this for real? If these incidents continue there could be a return to such a law.

I was never big into BB or pellet rifles. I had a BB gun when I was a kid. Never had an fid for it. Never knew at anytime in Mass an FID was required for an air rifle. Not saying it wasn't....but once I was 18 I started buying real rifles so never really knew much about the bb type guns.

Back
Top Bottom