• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Brocton LTC process questions

JRLB

NES Member
Hi everyone, I'm new to the board here. I have a couple questions about the LTC process in Brockton. If anyone has any info, I would apperciate it. The first question I have is about references. Can the references be related to the applicant, like father-in-law for instance? Also do they actually do an interview when applying, and if so what do they ask? How long is the wait for an appointment to apply? I've completed the required safety course, and am getting ready to submit my application. Thanks in advance.

Those questions really need to be asked of the licensing officer in your town. Each town sets their own "rules". Many of these application requirements aren't legally part of the process, but since individual police chiefs can find you "unsuitable" to hold an LTC, most people (myself included) sheepishly comply with "the man" and jump through his hoops. Just give them a call and they can answer all of your requirements questions.

Hey man...do a search on here and you can find a lot of what you want. I'm doing the same thing. My interview is next month. Basically with Brockton you need a letter to the police chief. I dont need any reference letters from what i've read. You need to call and speak with the Licenesning officers ASAP. I called 2 months ago and my appointment isn't until next month. They are backlogged that far back. The officers doing the process so far have been very professional and polite. Be prepared to have your license restricted your first time to Sport and Target. After about 2 years they say you can write a letter to the police chief asking for it to be removed. If you have questions just PM me. A good place to start is the Brockton PD website.

Thanks for the info folks. FYI, I did a search, but couldn't find any answers to the specific questions.

Brockton has a reputation for being very tough to get a LTC. Search some more, there has been a lot talked about Brockton on this forum.

From what I have herd it had a reputation of getting it unrestricted. Most likely you will get it restricted and after 2 years you can ask for it to be removed. I'll let you know as im going for it next month.

Brockton has a reputation for being very tough to get a LTC. Search some more, there has been a lot talked about Brockton on this forum.

Actually, it is very easy to get an LTC in Brockton. Saying Brockton is very tough to get an LTC is misleading.

BA, I guess I was thinking non-restricted LTC. That's the real... "I'm a grownup" license, none of that class B stuff.

It took me 3 months to get in for my appointment, a month of calling and no return calls (finally got lucky and caught some one on the phone after calling every day) and then another two months for the appointment. At the appointment I was told there are people who've been waiting at least 4 months due to the states back log. I'd love to know how this works out for you. Please update us.

So far same with me...it's about 2 months to get the appointment. My appointment is next month and i'm sure it will take about 6-7 weeks. It is what it is..i've seen worse stories. The only good thing about waiting is it's given me a lot of time to research and find out what Firearm is good for me. I've also spent a lot of time taking courses, reading books and watching Youtube of proper shooting techniques. On top of things it's given me more of an "itch" to want to shoot more. So i guess this is my way into keeping myself occupied until i hopefully get my LTC.

@visigoht4- Same with me, I've been researching and getting more excited about getting into shooting as a hobby. I'll update when (fingers crossed) I do finally get my LTC. Good luck to you!

Went for my interview in Brockton the first week of August... still waiting. Called today and he said it was approved but to call back in a couple more weeks. That will be 11 weeks. (today was exactly 9 weeks)

I just got mine this summer and it didn't take all that long. I think mine was total about 6-8 weeks. How long did you wait to call back? I got mine begining of september and interviewed 2nd week of July.

Quick question I’m looking to apply did you guys email the application or send the email to request a time to drop off the application at the police station

Back
Top Bottom