• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Brown bear 223 ammo

I use, almost exclusively at this point, x39 brown bear in my AK. I love it.

but, I'm still one of those that won't use steel in my AR. After a good number of rounds, the coating kinda disturbs me when cleaning out of my AK, but I know my AK can take it.

I'd rather not risk the jamming and wear on the extractor of my AR. And it's not really that big of an expense to shoot brass in .223 if you look around.

Sorry but that is a rip off! I bought 2 500 round cases of Silver Bear 223 for $128.99 each back in April. Ive shot about 450 rounds of it so far and have only had one malfunction. The ejector ripped off the rim of the steel casing, leaving the case stuck in the chamber. But I would say its great cheap plinking ammo.

Sorry but that is a rip off! I bought 2 500 round cases of Silver Bear 223 for $128.99 each back in April. Ive shot about 450 rounds of it so far and have only had one malfunction. The ejector ripped off the rim of the steel casing, leaving the case stuck in the chamber. But I would say its great cheap plinking ammo.

Yeah. I thought Brown Bear 7.62x39 could be had for closer to $260/1000 cs. 223 was sumthin' similar.

I won't run that crap through my AR. Ever. It used to be there was a huge price delta, but now it's a lot narrower.

You need to find another ammo vendor. He's $100 over what the real street price is for XM193. I think Riley's is still around $400 for a case of XM193BK or whatever, if they have it in stock.

-Mike

Ammo works great as long as you have an in-spec AR. I ran 200 rounds through my AR - no issues. The price is too high though. I would expect steel cased ammo to be around $230-250 / case of 1000 rounds.

I wouldn't run it through a match grade AR with tight tolerances, but for a rack grade AR, I have no problem with Brown Bear for plinking ammo.

That being said, "his" prices are VERY inflated. XM193 goes for $0.40/round right now. I wouldn't pay more than $0.30/round for steel cased .223, and I'd expect to pay closer to $0.25/round.

not known for their prices Kittery Trading Post has Tactical xm193 55 grain 200 rounds for $90. And they have a lot in stock (as of Monday).

They are all bulked up on .40, 9mm, 380 (about 60 boxes), .45. The prices are about 20% higher than WallyWorld but on Monday I noticed them putting hundreds of each caliber in bulk piles on the floor.

not known for their prices Kittery Trading Post has Tactical xm193 55 grain 200 rounds for $90. And they have a lot in stock (as of Monday).

They are all bulked up on .40, 9mm, 380 (about 60 boxes), .45. The prices are about 20% higher than WallyWorld but on Monday I noticed them putting hundreds of each caliber in bulk piles on the floor.

Those boxes are CCI factory seconds and not priced well either. I was up there last week as they were setting up and laughed when I read the prices.

$110 for 250rds of seconds .45? [rolleyes]

kittery hit or miss on prices, my dad calls it the dumping ground. Where bad guns go to rest. Have not been there in a while. I got a great trade in on my S&W1911PC 45. I bought a Browning XT trap with a great Americase for a decent price.....kind shocked.

PS I bought 700rnd silver bear for 185.00

I got ripped off big time by that guy at Rt101A "Sportsman Trading" in Amherst NH. I paid 300 bucks for 500 rounds of brown bear .223. I really should have done my due diligent work before buying but I learnt my lesson.

Back
Top Bottom