• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Browning HP Rental?

Does anyone know of a place in New England that rents Browning Hi Power pistols? If not, would anyone on here in NH or VT be able to let me try one? I'd be happy to foot the ammo bill and I'm a member of a range.

Does anyone know of a place in New England that rents Browning Hi Power pistols? If not, would anyone on here in NH or VT be able to let me try one? I'd be happy to foot the ammo bill and I'm a member of a range.

Where in NH? Nashua is pretty different from Lebanon.

Just buy one.

Yeah, they are expensive, but they are beautiful, reliable, and VERY comfortable firearms. Drop in a wide trigger, remove the mag disconnect, get some MecGar mags, and you'll have a pretty sweet setup. The mousetrap OEM mags are ridiculously expensive and often are out of stock. The Mecs work amazingly once the disconnect is removed, but you'll need a press to remove that subborn trigger pin in order to remove the disconnect--trust me. If you have short thumbs, you can get a wide safety (ambi or slide-release side)and an extended slide release.

You can get some nice checkered wood grips from Hogue. I got some Goncalo alves grips with a nice even and light grain color. Looks and feels great.

I don't regret my purchase for a second. I love the classics.

And if you get one, you can send it to Novak and have it hulked out. Extended grip tang, edge polishing, grip stipling, hard chromium (hottt)

Sorry, I'm obsessed.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you called the Manchester Firing Line?

I've never seen a HP there.

are you attending the pumpkin shoot? i'll bring mine on the condition that you feed it and clean it as it's spotless from living in the safe (for too long) at the moment.

are you attending the pumpkin shoot? i'll bring mine on the condition that you feed it and clean it as it's spotless from living in the safe (for too long) at the moment.

When/where is the pumpkin shoot? I'd be happy to bring ammo and clean it, especially since it'd be great to take one down before I buy.

I don't want to buy sight unseen since the reason why I'm checking out HPs is that I can shoot a 1911 better than my 92 (no 1st shot 12, 13lbs trigger pull) but I like the handling and recoil of the 92. But $900+ isn't a small amount to spend.

it's already full, sign up closed early last week.

hilariously enough i have a 1911, 92fs, and BHP. they all are good in their own right.

more of my guns may end up on the chopping block as i am trying to save up some cash, i'm not sure if the BHP is part of what could be sold... while i don't particularly want to sell it the cash has got to come from somewhere.

keep your eyes peeled for the spring 2016 shoot and if you haven't made a decision or shot one by then get in touch with me and i'll extend the same offer for that shoot. [cheers]

If you're very lucky/observant, you can find the FEG clones of the BHP for around $400, though they look and shoot like they're worth twice that. Just make sure you get the PJK model; lots of FEG models look like the BHP but aren't.

it's already full, sign up closed early last week.

hilariously enough i have a 1911, 92fs, and BHP. they all are good in their own right.

more of my guns may end up on the chopping block as i am trying to save up some cash, i'm not sure if the BHP is part of what could be sold... while i don't particularly want to sell it the cash has got to come from somewhere.

keep your eyes peeled for the spring 2016 shoot and if you haven't made a decision or shot one by then get in touch with me and i'll extend the same offer for that shoot. [cheers]

If you don't mind me asking, which out of the 3 do you think is the best shooter?

I've shot about 5 or so 1911s and if I was to get one, it'd be a CZ 1911A1 or a STI. I held a CZ 1911 at a gun store right next to a used Beretta 92 and I ended up ordering a new 92 since it was lighter and felt better in the hand. I've handled a BHP but it was about 18 months ago and I can't remember if I liked it or not.

If you don't mind me asking, which out of the 3 do you think is the best shooter?

I've shot about 5 or so 1911s and if I was to get one, it'd be a CZ 1911A1 or a STI. I held a CZ 1911 at a gun store right next to a used Beretta 92 and I ended up ordering a new 92 since it was lighter and felt better in the hand. I've handled a BHP but it was about 18 months ago and I can't remember if I liked it or not.

If you feel like taking a drive you can borrow mine for a bit.

I might be able to help you. The HP rivals the S&W M39 as my all time favorite 9mm. You don't have to go to extremes with customization either, you can but depending on hand size etc will have a lot to do with what you want to do with it.

I will not engage in silly debates regarding deactivating the magazine safety, whether the cast assembled in Portugal guns are inferior ( they aren't, they are stronger).

Good news is that I live about an hour away from the Manchester Firing Line. Bad news is that I'm not really free until November. If you want to pay for your range time and ammo you can shoot my Hi Power to your heart's content. Greg Derr just put on a set of Novak sights for me.

PM me if interested.

I might be able to help you. The HP rivals the S&W M39 as my all time favorite 9mm. You don't have to go to extremes with customization either, you can but depending on hand size etc will have a lot to do with what you want to do with it.

I will not engage in silly debates regarding deactivating the magazine safety, whether the cast assembled in Portugal guns are inferior ( they aren't, they are stronger).

Good news is that I live about an hour away from the Manchester Firing Line. Bad news is that I'm not really free until November. If you want to pay for your range time and ammo you can shoot my Hi Power to your heart's content. Greg Derr just put on a set of Novak sights for me.

PM me if interested.

Thanks, PM inbound.

of the three? honestly i'd rate them:

1. 1911
2. BHP
3. 92FS

my carry gun and the gun i've run thousands more rounds through than the rest however would be my glock 19.

I'd let you shoot mine, but I live on Cape Cod. You won't regret buying a Hi Power. I own two and will be buying a third this weekend. The good thing for you is that you are in NH and I believe up there you can have firearms shipped to you from another state. One option if you don't want to spend a lot of money is to buy a used one from this guy in Kentucky; http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/BI.aspx?Sort=4&IncludeSellers=2621012&mfg=1000049

He has an excellent reputation in the Hi Power community. Get one of his Israeli police surplus guns for $400.00 and shoot the shit out of it.

The good thing for you is that you are in NH and I believe up there you can have firearms shipped to you from another state.

um. no. not if you want to be in compliance with federal law.

the only way this works is with a C&R (and a C&R eligible firearm) for joe six pack who isn't a 01/07 FFL.

um. no. not if you want to be in compliance with federal law.

the only way this works is with a C&R (and a C&R eligible firearm) for joe six pack who isn't a 01/07 FFL.

I think (hope) he means ship it to an LGS with no worries about an EOPS list or any of that crap. If so, then yes; CDI has a good reputation and those $400 Israelis are a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom